LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got mine downloaded. You guys want me to put if the song is an instrumental or not?

That would be great, thanks.

All the instrumentals make me long for the days of live tracks, especially with DSP's a thing of the past. I'm casting my vote for the "Hybrid Theory" set at Download to be the 2014 LPU CD. $30 for instrumentals and music from other bands is a bit much for my wallet.

when is someone gonna put the album up so want to hear it but i cant afford it :)

we do not offer downloads to officially released tracks.

please do not ask for links here. anyone posting, or directly requesting links etc. will be fed to the piranhas.

seriously though, we're not an illegal downloads site.

Listened to about half the CD so far. This is the worst LPU CD so far since LPU9, IMO. Way too many instrumentals and we didn't get any of the stuff we were requesting. Honestly, Primo is most likely the best demo on this CD. I also don't see the need in putting the 3 UIB demos on the CD, seems a bit like a cop out.

Listened to about half the CD so far. This is the worst LPU CD so far since LPU9, IMO. Way too many instrumentals and we didn't get any of the stuff we were requesting. Honestly, Primo is most likely the best demo on this CD. I also don't see the need in putting the 3 UIB demos on the CD, seems a bit like a cop out.

Finnally someone agrees with me :)

I think it's awesome to have all 3 UIB demos on one cd because of how the final track turned out. After reading through this thread, if they DIDN'T have all 3, people would be upset about that.

After over an hour managed to buy it, with non-stop billing/shipping address which was correct from the beginning...total international $81.29..

ONCE YOU SELECT CREDIT CARD YOU CANT GO BACK AND SELECT PAYPAL for some reason. Just a heads up!

I found this out the hard way.

I still keep getting the Error Code 11. So frustrating! ! !

I just speed through it. Here's some instrumental/lyrics/notes. All under spoilers.

LPU XIII:

01 Basquiat [2007 DEMO]

Instrumental

02 Holding Company [2011 DEMO]

Instrumental

03 Primo [i'LL BE GONE - LONGFORM 2010 DEMO]

Lyrics

04 Hemispheres [2011 DEMO]

Instrumental

05 Cumulus [2002 DEMO]

Instrumental

06 Pretty Birdy [sOMEWHERE I BELONG 2002 DEMO]

Instrumental

07 Universe [2006 DEMO]

Instrumental

08 Apaches [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.1]

Lyrics, New Chester? Outro Thing

09 Foot Patrol [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.2]

New Mike Lyrics

10 Three Band Terror [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.3]

Brad's Lyrics from UIB

11 Truth Inside A Lie (BY RYAN GILES) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

Instrumental

12 Change (BY BETA STATE) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

Lyrics by Beta State singer

So it's seems like PlugAir is some kind of DRM device that allow you to unlock songs, but I think it will need you to play them with the right app with no access to real file.

https://www.plugair.com/en/#about

So this is no revolutionary device, rather an unhandy way to deliver songs. (LP could have release a good looking USB key instead !)

How is having 3 UIB demos instead of 1 on the CD a cop out?

It takes up 3 slots that could have been used for better demos. But I guess people here really love UIB, I never knew that. More power to the LPU then for giving those fans the 3 demos or whatever.

So little less than half is with lyrics. Yeah, this is totally the worst LPU ever. I mean, how dare they have ONE MORE FUCKING instrumental than song with lyrics. You'd think there were no demos with vocals based on how people are reacting.

It's not the fact that they are instrumentals. It's the fact that they aren't good instrumentals. I know they have a bunch of great instrumental demos and demos with vocals lying around that they could have used. But see, this is my opinion, that LPU13 is horrible. It just happens that many people's opinions are the same as mine. If you like the CD, more power to you.

It takes up 3 slots that could have been used for better demos. But I guess people here really love UIB, I never knew that. More power to the LPU then for giving those fans the 3 demos or whatever.

What makes you think they're just fillers? I mean there are many LPU cd's with less than 9 tracks on it.

EDIT: Better to have them than not :)

Edited by Jani

I don't like cd not cose it's instrumentals as a few of my fav LP songs are instrumentals it's just I find the instrumentals poor on this cd and the lpu session songs don't fit in at all

I find it funny that even one of the LPU Sessions winners has an instrumental demo. But I agree. I like a lot of LP's instrumentals, just these ones are not very good. Oh well. I guess there is always next year, although I will definitely not be excited at all for the CD. I guess it's better that way.

I find it funny that even one of the LPU Sessions winners has an instrumental demo.

in all honesty, why would they put lyics on something that was only ever going to be a quick, LPU-release only project. it'd be a total waste of time - why would Chester/Mike do a ton of work for something with such little benefit..?