Linkin Park Debuts "Heavy" (feat. Kiiara)

hahninator

Heavy has been released, featuring Kiiara. View the music video above.

Lyrics:

I don’t like my mind right now
Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there’s comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me
Yeah I drive myself crazy
Cause I can’t escape the gravity
I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
You say that I'm paranoid
But I’m pretty sure the world is out to get me
It’s not like I make the choice
To let my mind stay so fucking messy
I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same
I'm holding on
Holding on
Holding on
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything’s about me
I'm holding on
Holding on
Holding on

What do you think about the song?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how many of you actually like it or ale blinded fanboys who will like anything they put out.

Sorry, it's crappy. I don't even walk to talk more about it, If the rest of the album sounds similarly, I hope they will only play a track or two (or maybe none) on the following tour.

If not, I might as well just pass the Cracow gig and pick next SOAD show.

Meh. It is a decent Pop song. I'm sure it'll get a good amount of radio play. The track length will get Radio Stations to eat it up. I'm not sure about Chester's shaky vocals. I know it is meant to add drama and levity to the track but it just makes his voice sound weak. That might be the point, but I'm not a fan at this moment. Kiiara was a nice addition and I like her parts.

I do like how it starts by just launching into it with no real intro.

Edited by LPFreak64

Liked it. It sounds nothing like rock but according to Mike, genre is dead. Also imo even Welcome had a similar vibe (As it was originally produced for LP). I think the whole album is going to sound like Living things-2 (LT is my favorite album).

I think it's a bit odd out of context of the wider album - it'll hopefully flow more when it's surrounded by other music.

I like it - it's different, sure, but it's good different. I'm glad they're trying something new. Why the fuck not? Kiiara is great, better than I thought she would be. Would have liked more harmony between her and Chester, but they're right. It still sounds like Linkin Park.

Hate the song. Hate the album title. Hate how expensive it is to be a fan now. Hate how Mike will he singing it all and probably less Chester. What a sad day.

Hate how you're always a whining little baby. You haven't heard the album, you don't know how much Mike sings, nor Chester. Can't be THAT expensive to be a fan when you ONLY like Minutes to Midnight. Can pick that up pretty cheap now that it's 10 years old, take it with you back to your nostalgia-bubble and have your sad little day there.

Personally, not thinking it's the best song. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. Not that sad of a day.

Song is okay, however it doesn't have that LP vibe. Kiiara did a great job on her vocals. Dont know about Chester's vocals, his voice sounds really thin and weak, his voice has been getting 'rasp' for a longer time but its getting more thinner in my opinion.

Really looking forward to the album however. I dont mind the 'pop', as long as the songs do have the LP vibe

Horrible. Just painful swift. Where to even begin... First off, the song is very boring. I'd compare it to In Between (sadly) for being a song that just starts and goes no where. Kiiara actually sounds great, but it feels like she takes over through the choruses and I just don't like it. I can handle when the band lays back on the heavy guitars and drums, cause some of their best songs have done that. This, unfortunately, just isn't one of them. This is purely a pop song, both on structure and all around cheesiness. I'm the last person to discourage LP exploring new sounds & boundaries, especially after loving ALL of their albums, but this single really dampers my expectations for the album. And another 10 track album? Seriously? They couldn't bang out a couple more? And are they gonna release half of them before the album even drops like they did with The Hunting Party? Ugh, I'm so bummed right now. Never thought I'd be one of those fans talking negatively about the band, but damn did this song just kill my mood and excitement for what's to come. I'll give it more listens obviously, but I'm not feeling optimistic

Well, with everything going on and all the snippets I had a decent idea of what this song is going to sound like and I wasn't happy.

Everyone saying wait until the song comes out to judge. Now it did, and I'm really disappointed.

The instrumental is mixed way too low for my liking. The song basically has no intro at all and starts off so abruptly. Chester's voice is over-produced to shit and Kiiara absolutely outshines his vocals on this song. In fact, the only positive from this song is that Kiiara has more participation in this song than I thought, and I'm no Kiiara fan by any means. I just really, really dislike Chester's vocals on this.

The worst part is, Mike said the rest of the album is going to sound like this. So the idea of "the lead single doesn't mean the rest of the album will sound like this" is now completely shattered.

Oh, and it seems like the cherry on top of all of this is no US tour at the moment.

Much respect to them trying new things but personally I'm just really bummed out.

Edited by Catalyst619

It's gotta grow on me. Love how it sounds and it's catchy, but that's all. Kiiara (although sounded great) somewhat took a good chunk of the song, which I thought blocked some moments Chester could've gotten in the song besides the parts he sings in. Overall, I gotta rate the song 3.5/5. Good start. Could've been better.

Hate how you're always a whining little baby...

I will totally agree that Geki is generally very negative but he's at least heard a song from the album now. He doesn't need to like this.

As for myself I love it. It's something new for the band that further solidifies their impressive range. Kiarra sounds great on it and sings way more than I expected. The song has a similar vibe to Welcome by Fort Minor which is great for me as I love that song too. If this is the direction the album goes I think I'll be pretty happy with the results. I just wish we didn't have to wait until May to get the rest of it!