Linkin Park Debuts "Heavy" (feat. Kiiara)

hahninator

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song is pretty good, I'd say. At first I was afraid of it being a simple pop song with no excitement but that changed while the song kept on going. It actually builds up quite nice and doesn't get too repetitive with its hook. There is a lot of nice stuff happening in the layers of it which keeps it interesting and makes it stand out to other simple pop songs. Plus I really love the fragile vocal delivery from Chester in the bridge (I think it was there). He sounds really emotionally hurt on that part.

But if you ask me this album could finally be the game breaker for Linkin Park with their fans. If the whole album heads in a similar direction (like announced) the audience at the live shows will drastically change to a (even) more mainstream crowd. I'm just saying this because I grew up being in mosh pits at their shows but this live energy declined from album to album. This should be on the mind of anyone who seeks a cathartic experience while attending their live show.

Still I applaud them for their direction and will forever be interested in what they are doing and where they are going from there. I'm not that hyped for the new album as I was for THP (which is overall pretty rad!) but I'll probably spin it more than I'm expecting at that point. Like always.

Edited by Trumtram

Oh hey! The song is not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. The vocal delivery is much much better than what we were shown in the clips leading up to release. The production is also top notch.

That being said, the song is just ok. Not bad, but not amazing. I was surprised to see how short it was. Left me thinking "That's it?".
Interested to see what the rest of the album brings. uch a long wait until release. I'm expecting they're gonna really market the hell out of this thing if we gotta wait three months. But with only 10 tracks, are we going to go back to the old school approach where we only get to hear the single and 1 other song? Or will they go THP route again where we get a handful of songs to tide us over? The real anticipation begins now.

Like I said before LP is not my main band anymore and with this song I don't feel the same feeling I felt when I listened The Catalyst, What I've Done, Burn It Down or Guilty All The Same, I usually like it some songs, but I don't love it but with this song I really don't like it, don't love it and the song just remind me with this:

or

Hope the album doesn't sound like "Heavy".

Edited by MacGyver

Am I the only one who likes it?

It's relatively generic, and I think this could be their most popular song in about a decade..but it's catchy. It doesn't do anything wrong in my opinion.

For anybody saying "RIP LP" you know they change their sound every. single. album. This is no different

Whoa, didn't expect so many people to dislike this. After getting called out for being negative on the big two fansites, my opinion seems tame compared to what others here have expressed.

Looks like we got another polarizing album cycle ahead of us. This is gonna get interesting.

It's relatively generic, and I think this could be their most popular song in about a decade..but it's catchy. It doesn't do anything wrong in my opinion.

For anybody saying "RIP LP" you know they change their sound every. single. album. This is no different

Exactly, I liked it.

The Hunting Party's approach to releasing several songs leading up to the album release seems to be the standard these days.

I never got the hate for that approach? Geki seems to be annoyed by that all the time. I mean, if you want to experience the album without any more spoilers just avoid them (not directed at you personally, leftshoe18)? Linkin Park are not responsible for a lack of self-control ;).

I always thought it was a shame that only singles get a release while a lot of songs never get a spotlight. Having 10 songs on the new album makes for maybe two more pre-releases?

Theres nothin wrong with change when it's good, this song is not good. It's not even that it's a pop song, It's just a very basic song anyone could make and I expect more from a. Veteran band. The song is 2 out of 10. Edited by FaiNt

Worst shit I've ever heard from LP. I listened it twice. Never gonna listen again. Thinking about not seeing them live in june.

Why? They'll play Heavy and maybe 2-3 others from this album. The other 19 or so songs will be old songs..

Edited by Justin

Well, it's hard for me to find words for this sond. I've been a fan of Linkin Park since 2009, but I always listened more to their older stuff. I was kinda shocked about ATS, but it has the vibe of Linkin Park. Living Things had some good songs, but it was far away of the quality of Meteora. THP was nice - but it felt like the album wasn't finished. And now this - I'm just disappointed. Chester sounds weaker than ever. I'm surprised that the thing that I like the most on that song is Kiiara. She sounds good and like a hundred times stronger than Chester.

If the rest of the album sounds like Heavy, I'm done with Linkin Park as my favourite band.

Hate how you're always a whining little baby. You haven't heard the album, you don't know how much Mike sings, nor Chester. Can't be THAT expensive to be a fan when you ONLY like Minutes to Midnight. Can pick that up pretty cheap now that it's 10 years old, take it with you back to your nostalgia-bubble and have your sad little day there.

Personally, not thinking it's the best song. I'm sure it'll grow on me though. Not that sad of a day.

I will. Minutes To Midnight is the best album the band has ever made. 2006-2008 was the best era to be a fan, IMO. And the only good shit the band has even released since MTM was MTM demos on the LPU albums over the years since.

Edited by Geki

After a few listens, I'm convinced this song would sound better with Kiiara just doing the whole thing.

Verse 2 sounds better than verse 1. Chorus 2 sounds better than chorus 1. The "and I drive myself crazy" part she does better too.

If I heard this song randomly without any knowledge or hype about it, I'd think it'a someone else's song featuring Chester.

Edited by Catalyst619

And once again, it's time to be the minority on LPL.

THIS IS THE BEST SONG BY LP EVER COME AT ME!!!!!!!

But seriously, it's a very good song IMO, I really like it's vibe. It does a great job as a lead single. I like it better than BID and GATS, and I really don't think it deserves the hate it's getting. I feel like too many people judge this song based on the approach of "Pop music is garbage people make just for the money".

My biggest complaints are that Chester's verse sounds out of key and the instrumental is mixed too low. Kiiara is the biggest takeaway for me. As much as I don't care for her music, she sounds great here. IMO, this is LP's worst single to date and definitely not a track I'll be clamoring to hear over and over. 3/10