The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

I agree with you that LP never said it, but I just think many of the reviews we've all been reading over the past few months were a little misleading. That's what I meant with the overhyped reference The energy is there - you are right, but I just don't hear anything familiar to it in the sound. Lost in the Echo is probably the closest. Chances are I will end up liking this just like I have everything else they've done, I guess I was just expecting something different.

They also said Victimized would be so fucking heavy that it made me think it was going to be something like (as I told CookieMonster) : "QWERTY with dragons and cannons and chainsaws". It wasn't. :P

I'm interested to see the reviews for this album and what they'll be like considering it isn't so far from the normal standard. The quality of the ATS reviews (good and bad) typically sucked.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been a huge LP fan from day one, and I hate to say this, but I'm pretty disappointed with the album so far. To be fair, I've got to give it another listen, but I feel like this album was way too overhyped in the sense of a return to an original sound. Other than the fact that there is a little more rapping and an even mix of Mike and Chester on this album, I don't think this has any reflection of HT in it whatsoever. Not one song was created with actual music -- seems like everything they do now is created on a computer.

I'm not going to knock anyone that says they like it - to each his own. Just my opinion... I just don't think this is "winning back" fans that didn't like ATS.

I hated ATS but I don't hate LT.

I think we're fooling ourselves thinking they'd make anything that'd compare to HT anymore. That ship has sailed long ago, trust me, I'm constantly in Mike's ear on his blog lol. I kept expectations low after ATS and I'm surprisingly happy with the cd so far.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

I'm lazy, so I'm will quote what I said on LPA... :lol:

This album is f*cking freaking amazing. And to be honest, this is the first time I'm saying this after a new LP release.

With MTM and ATS, I was disappointed at first. This album just blew me away with the first listen. It's energetic, it's weird, but weird in a good way.

Lost In The Echo is....I don't even have words, I was smiling all the way the first time I heard it.

Castles Of Glass and Skin To bone and Until It Breaks....This is what I wanted ATS to be. I usually prefer LP more heavy stuff, but those 3 songs were magic.

And now, Victimized.....If LP ever made an entire record with this style (well, with longer song), it would instantly become my favorite record! And I'm being serious. This song represent what I've always wanted LP to be. Heavy, but weird as fuck at the same time.

The only song that didn't really amaze me is In My Remains. This one is maybe a little bland.

All, in all, this record will probably become my second favorite from LP, after HT. I can already tell I'm gonna enjoy this way way way more than ATS, MTM, and Meteora.

Edited by Qwerty18

They also said Victimized would be so fucking heavy that it made me think it was going to be something like (as I told CookieMonster) : "QWERTY with dragons and cannons and chainsaws". It wasn't. :P

I'm interested to see the reviews for this album and what they'll be like considering it isn't so far from the normal standard. The quality of the ATS reviews (good and bad) typically sucked.

Your post made me listen to that one again and yea, definitely not "their heaviest song ever." Actually, I don't think it's even close. I'd say the majority of Meteora was heavier.

LOST IN THE ECHO 10/10

IN MY REMAINS 8/10

BURN IT DOWN 10/10

LIES GREED MISERY 9/10

I'LL BE GONE 9/10

CASTLE OF GLASS 10/10

VICTIMIZED 6/10

ROADS UNTRAVELED 8/10

SKIN TO BONE 4/10

UNTIL IT BREAKS 7/10

TINFOIL 10/10

POWERLESS 10/10

LIVING THINGS 8/10

I agree with you that LP never said it, but I just think many of the reviews we've all been reading over the past few months were a little misleading. That's what I meant with the overhyped reference The energy is there - you are right, but I just don't hear anything familiar to it in the sound. Lost in the Echo is probably the closest. Chances are I will end up liking this just like I have everything else they've done, I guess I was just expecting something different.

I agree. After reading all the newspaper - reviews I expected the album to sound completely different. Sure, there are more HT - elements on it, but it's still a new direction for them.

Anyway, I love the album although the last 4 tracks don't really sound finished, kinda like demos...

I'll Be Gone is my favourite LP song in years. The refrain is blowing me away while Until It Breaks might be their worst song ever. I was expecting something really cool, but this is just crap lol. Victimized is great too, I love the heavy beat.

Lost In The Echo: 8,5/10

In My Remains: 8/10

Burn It Down 7/10

Lies Greed Misery 9/10

I'll Be Gone 10/10

Castle Of Glass 8/10

Victimzed 8,5/10

Roads Untraveled 7/10

Skin To Bone 8/10

Until It Breaks 1/10

Tinfoil 8/10 (reminds me of Session)

Powerless 7,5/10

It's not their best albumm but I still like it a lot. And I can't believe that it actually leaked yesterday... That's a big scew - up...

Lost In The Echo: 9/10

In My Remains: 8/10

Burn It Down 9/10

Lies Greed Misery 9/10

I'll Be Gone 10/10

Castle Of Glass 7/10

Victimzed 8,5/10

Roads Untraveled 8/10

Skin To Bone 8/10

Until It Breaks 7/10

Tinfoil & Powerless 8/10

My Fav song is definitely "I'll Be Gone"

Edited by The Tidus

Lost In The Echo is such an epic opening to LT, I have never been so excited listening to a new album all the way through in its entirety!

I loved ATS, but in my mind, LIVING THINGS blows it completely out of the water! POWERLESS, is possibly my favourite on the album, but the album as a whole is fricking awesome!! :D

Absolutely amazed with this new album. For me, this is the first album Linkin Park have put out where I've liked every single track. Cannot wait to get my hands on a copy!

Lost In The Echo: 8/10

In My Remains: 9/10

Burn It Down: 7/10

Lies Greed Misery: 8/10

I'll Be Gone: 10/10

Castle Of Glass: 10/10

Victimized: 8/10

Roads Untraveled: 10/10

Skin To Bone: 7/10

Until It Breaks: 7/10

Tinfoil: 8/10

Powerless: 9/10

Favourite tracks right now are "I'LL BE GONE" and "CASTLE OF GLASS".

I'm not disapointed by the album but it's far from being original , creative or good.

Lost In The Echo: 8/10

In My Remains: 3/10

Burn It Down: 5/10

Lies Greed Misery: 7/10

I'll Be Gone: 4/10

Castle Of Glass: 7/10

Victimized: 9/10

Roads Untraveled: 7/10

Skin To Bone: 3/10

Until It Breaks: 7/10

Tinfoil: 2/10

Powerless: 3/10

I won't listen to it until I finally get the thing in my mailbox or the link via email. I bought it and I don't wanna get my money wasted, since this is the first album I actually bought, before I listened to it.

BTW: Seems to be a real fail by iTunes and I kinda hope they get sued for that. xD

I really liked it. Not as dynamic and polarizing as ATS, but still good. Victimized was a little far out there and may have to grow on me. It really was a mashup of everything they've done plus something new. And some of the melodies on this album are definitely some of the best LP has ever written.

Lost In The Echo - 9/10

In My Remains - 6/10

Burn It Down - 7/10

Lies Greed Misery - 8/10

I'll Be Gone - 5/10

Castle Of Glass - 7/10

Victimized - 3/10

Roads Untraveled - 5/10

Skin To Bone - 4/10

Until It Breaks - 3/10

Tinfoil - 9/10

Powerless - 8/10