The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally 'Lost In The Echo' is one of the finest songs Lp have ever created. It seems so geniune and well crafted which has many of the aspects that fan's know and love about LP. I don't post in these forums ever but I thought this deserved one. This album plays to my ears perfectly. It's not about "heaviest to date" or "genre defying" , It's just clearly six extremely talented guys who have clicked on this album more than ATS AND MTM. There is safety and expression. Risk and reward. Those who want to wait untill the release date will appreciate that Lp are incredible musicians.

Looks like I'm the only one who likes the second half of the album more.

Don't worry. You're not alone there. Victimized, Roads Untraveled, Skin to Bone, and Until It Breaks are all tied for my favorite right now. The second half is amazing (then again, so is the first half).

Lost in the Echo 9/10

In My Remains 8/10

Burn It Down 9/10

Lies Greed Misery 7/10

I'll Be Gone 7/10

Castle of Glass 9.5/10

Victimized 10/10

Roads Untraveled 10/10

Skin to Bone 10/10

Until It Breaks 10/10

Tinfoil 8/10

Powerless 7/10

Average: 8.7/10

Tracks 6-10 is the best stretch on any LP album in my opinion.

Edited by leftshoe18

I liked a lot the album, but i disagree with someone, i don't think listening the album from beginning to end adds something to the experience or anything, i mean, there are barely some loose links between songs, the only two that are really meant to be heard one after the other is tinfoil and powerless, wich is pretty obvious.

Best LP Album in a while. glad there's only one instrumental. great vocal performances by chaz and mike( and don't forget brad lol)and just awesome music.

really addicting songs and really enjoyable too.

LP IS BACK HATERS oh wait they never left haha

Living things 4.8/5.0

nahh mate, making a nice deal of going down to the record store and (literally) getting my hands on it. I want to be called a slowpoke when I make my "ipubenrvipbqerbpi" post :lol:

haha deal ;)

but, but the album sounds amazing. Just one listen couldn't hurt.

You know you want to ;)

Also, I plan on being at the doors to best buy waiting them for open on the 26th.

In my ATS shirt of course :D

Listened to the album AT LOT more times since my review yesterday.

A lot is the same. I do like BID/LGM more in the context of the album then by themselves.

My two beefs were with Victimized and Until it Breaks.

Victimized- WAY OVERHYPED. I think it killed a bit. But even then it reminds me of a short Given Up. Lots of energy without a lot of substance. Best part is Rob drumming, and for that alone I'd like to see it live. Worst song of the album IMO.

Until it Breaks- This is such a weird song, but I'm beginning to embrace the weird. Or at least I'm not skipping it to get to Tinfoil/Powerless. You have to listen to this more then once (or around 10 in my case) to form a solid opinion of it. I think I'll always prefer if it was 3/4 different songs, but its growing on me now.

Now good things. I couldn't choose a favorite yesterday. I was stuck between LITE/I'll Be Gone/Road Untraveled/ Powerless, with COG/In my Remains a very close second. All really fantastic songs. But I think I'm going to go with Tinfoil/Powerless (because its so much better together). Chester's vocals were amazing.

I also like Skin to Bone, though I can see why it will take a while for it to grow on some people.

So my new album ranking is Meteora, Living Things, Hybrid Theory/ATS (can't choose), MTM.

I think we're partly to blame for the overhyping of victimized.

I never choose favorite Linkin Park songs because they're all my favorite except The Crapalyst, but I'm really into I'll Be Gone right now on this album.

Lost In The Echo: makes me want to scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!"

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

Can't wait to see what they do with this on Monday. Mike tweeted Rick Rubin will be there to discuss the production process so that should be awesome too!

Still think Victimized is impressive. Jamming all of that into 100ish seconds is pretty impressive. Yeah it's short, but in this case there is so much going on in that short time frame it flows and will be a hell of verse(s) to throw on top of BiO to close the set. I almost vote they just go BiO into Victimized and wrap. That "short circuit" (couldn't think of any other way to explain) synth over Mike's second verse is fucking amazing.

I'm not a fan of slower LP stuff, but I'm digging the 2nd half of the album. The electronic backing really drives it and keeps it progressing. Roads Untraveled has a Johnny Cash "Hurt" feel to it and both Mike/ Chester pull that shit off!

See everybody who's going on Monday at Sonos!!!

I didn't even want to come on LPL once the album leaked because a lot of posts about the new music will piss me off. They already have.

EDIT: Who is the speech from at the beginning of VICTIMIZED? Anyone know?

Edited by Geki

I didn't even want to come on LPL once the album leaked because a lot of posts about the new music will piss me off. They already have.

EDIT: Who is the speech from at the beginning of VICTIMIZED? Anyone know?

I haven't listened to it yet, but you can probably google the words. if its famous it should be online

I've been trying to figure that out too! IDK what language it's even in.

At first I thought it was Spanish. But now I think it's either German or Russian... It could be something totally different. I wanna know what it says and who is saying it. It's driving me insane! It's probably something awesome.

It's probably just my brain messing with me, but I swear I heard "Linkin Park" twice in the sample. Can't tell what language it is, though.

It sounds like it..but I don't think so.. Any German fans here to translate? Or Russians?

At first I thought it was Spanish. But now I think it's either German or Russian... It could be something totally different. I wanna know what it says and who is saying it. It's driving me insane! It's probably something awesome.

no way it would be spanish! i'm from south america and i can't even manage to get what is it. XD so i could assure it's neither spanish neither portuguese.

Castle of Glass, Victimized and Powerless win the album.

Honorable mention to Until it Breaks, Lost in the Echo and Skin to Bone.

I already have liked Burn it Down for some time. Lies Greed Misery is pretty good too.

The rest needs to grow on me and probably will.

After visiting this page for four years almost daily i thought this ocasion should be good enough to register ;)

The album really was a pleasant surprise

, I wasn't expecting this. IMO the problem of ATS was, that it sounded to simmilar to the stuff you can hear day in day out in the radio, which made the music a bit boring.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's really cool that they try out new stuff (we don't need another billy talent...), but ATS didn't have the 'bam! Linkin Park!'-moments for me. I'm writing this to get it in contrast, what they did better on Living Things. There is the musical Progress which they made with ATS, but most importantly there are again these Linkin Park recognition moments, which made Linkin Park so special for me in the first place.

I wont review every Track here, but just write my thoughts about a few:

Lost in the Echos: What an opening! Nice old school Meteora/Hybrid Theory lyrics, very deep. The beginning reminded me a bit of Enter Shikary, like it. (9/10)

Lies Greet Misery: A song which is clearly made to be played live. Even if you don't like it yet, wait till you hear it live before you make up your mind. Loved this song at the Rock am Ring show. (6/10 on the album, 9.5/10 live!)

Castle of Glass: Just love it. Love the vocals, this is perfection. (10/10)

Victimized: Bam! What a cracker. Good old Straight Linkin Park with great ATS-like rapping. (9/10)

Roads Untravelled: Another example of mikes and chesters great harmony. Would love to listen to this live. Another song with really great lyrics. (9.5/10)

Until it Breaks: Well there we go, the song, which really makes it hard to decide about if it is good or not. Reminds me of "nobody's listening" which also seemed a bit out of place on Meteora (but still a great song!!), but i think this is another song to wait till it was performed live. (6/10, yet...)

Powerless: Nice lyrics, nice work on the keys from Mike... but the drums spoil the party a bit. (7/10)