The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

Has anyone else noticed a little bit of a error (or is it) at 2:56 on Roads Untravelled? Seems like whoever was playing guitar on the track accidentally hit the strings before its cue.

Kinda ruined it for me. Bugs the hell out of me hahaha.

I don't really think it's an error. It makes for a really nice transition for me that doesn't sound cliche.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Linkin Park made a very smart choice picking BID and LGM from other songs to be released before the album. And in my opinion BID and LGM is really look like What I've Done and No More Sorrow for MTM album, especially BID ^_^

I love very much Lost in the Echo, Powerless, Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled, In My Remains but no, also I love ALL the songs :wub: Its like I see again perfect album like MTM but with exactly new songs with new sounds ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Has anyone else noticed a little bit of a error (or is it) at 2:56 on Roads Untravelled? Seems like whoever was playing guitar on the track accidentally hit the strings before its cue.

It's not a mistake.. They meant it to be like that..

Well, I fell for the Leak..

I was really keen on actually going and trying to buy the CD because BID and LGM didn't really fill my gap for LP. I heard Lost in the Echo and I must say it is a great start to the album,and I feel it also pretty much syncs well with each other. I'll Be Gone reminded me A LOT of Leave Out All the Rest, which isn't a bad thing, but Overall I am really impressed by the siongs on LT. Thanks LP for not disappointing, well worth it :D.

Btw, heres some Pics I found of the CD :3

post-656-1340122577_thumb.jpg

post-656-1340122584_thumb.jpg

post-656-1340122589_thumb.jpg

Well it's so noticeable that I doubt it's a mistake. If it was they would have silenced it, so I'm guessing they left it there on purpose...

I think this was intentional.

You guys saw the picture of the CD from the other topic, right?

Fucking hate jewel cases. This is why I didn't buy the retail version of ATS.

My retail version of ATS came in a sleeve, not a jewel case.

My retail version of ATS came in a sleeve, not a jewel case.

Really? Where'd you get it? All I ever see are the jewel case versions, and the CD/DVD digipak. It's why I'm glad I have the Super Deluxe edition.

You guys do realize that the WID (Live) bonus track was included on the BID EP right? You can buy it at Wal-Mart. I've had it for well over a month. Pretty cool, nothing special. Anyways, the CD looks really cool. I can't wait to go buy it the morning it comes out. I still wish there was a DVD, but oh well. Also, why is there a ''Machine Shop'' logo on the CD? Is Machine Shop back now? I'm not gonna listen to the CD quality rip, I'm fine with the rip I have right now. I'm gonna wait until the album comes out to hear it in CD quality.

I think it was intentional. No way something so noticeable would have gone...unnoticed. I like it.

That's the EU release of the album, right? I'm pretty sure the Machine Shop label is still active over there, to answer Geki's question. Not completely sure though.

And also, when I say "active", I mean "the logo is slapped on all of LP's releases for no reason." Mike mentioned a few years ago that he was looking into artists for a European revival of Machine Shop, but I don't think anything came of it. Machine Shop Marketing's Facebook page is also still active.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

I unhappily have to say that I'm one of those guys who were really disappointed by ATS. In fact the only song I like out of that album is The Catalyst, 'cause it's good enough to ignore those two hard electronic parts.

After ATS I kinda lost my belief in Linkin Park. When I first heard them in around 2004/2005, they instantly became my favourite band and until the end of 2007 I did not hear any other music. And although I loved the sound of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I also loved Minutes To Midnight as much as their previous work, 'cause in terms of melody and harmony it probably was their best work ever.

Whatever, like I mentioned before, I was and I am very disappointed by ATS, so I did not really have expectations on Living Things (and if I did, they were really low). And probably that's the reason why I'm pleasantly surprised. I now listened to it several times and it's definitely not as good as HT, Meteora or M2M were, but in fact it is WAY better than ATS was and although I'm really not a friend of electronic music, I kinda like most parts of Living Things, and that's a big advance, isn't it?

I'm thankful that Linkin Park made it possible for me to make something like a restart with their new style of music, as it's more powerful than ATS and kind of a symbiosis between their old heavy music and their new eletronic stuff. I'll probably never love them as much as I did in the past, but maybe Living Things can help me to become more familiar with what they're doing right now.

If anybody read through this block of text, here's my song-by-song-review, although I'm pretty sure my opinion about a couple of songs may change a bit after I heard them more often.

01 - LOST IN THE ECHO - 9/10

I'm totally in love with this song. Although it has got some heavy electronics on it, they don't annoy me (which is remarkable), as this song is so energetic and melodious and probably got one of the greatest choruses they've ever written. The only reason why I don't give it 10 points out of 10 is that I know songs which are still definitely better, musically and emotionally, but Lost In The Echo nevertheless is a great track (although I didn't like it that much when I listened to it the first time).

02 - IN MY REMAINS - 6-7/10

Depends on if it's able to grow on me after some time. Solid, but not very special song. I like it, though.

03 - BURN IT DOWN - 1/10

Most of you will disagree with this opinion, but I personally kinda hate Burn It Down. It's way too electronic for me and I REALLY don't like the harmony, especially in the chorus. Everytime I hear it, it makes me wanna disappear immediately. Horrible.

04 - LIES GREED MISERY - 4/10

This could've been a great song, but like Burn It Down it's too electronic for me. I heard it live at the Telekom StreetGig in Berlin and it was way better than the studio version, which simply doesn't sound good for me, although the chorus is, theoretically, very powerful (would be with better drums and better singing).

05 - I'LL BE GONE - 7-8/10

Cannot say much about this song. I like it.

06 - CASTLE OF GLASS - 6-7/10

Something like a better version of In Between to me, "better" being the operative word. I like the breakdown between chorus and verse, and I like the verse more than the chorus. Nice song.

07 - VICTIMIZE - 0/10

Crap. Worst "song" they've ever written, and I'm not pretty sure why I'm calling it a "song".

08 - ROADS UNTRAVELED - 5-6/10

Lyrically the sequel of No Roads Left, but to be honest, NRL is definitely better. Has got an interesting harmony, but it's a little too boring.

09 - SKIN TO BONE - 4/10

Same harmony like Roads Untraveled... but it's the worse than it's predecessor. I don't really like it, although I could imagine that it will grow a little on me. Not much, though.

10 - UNTIL IT BREAKS - 0/10

One of the big questions of Living Things: What's worse? Victimize or Until It Breaks? I don't know, but both songs are simply disgusting.

11 - TINFOIL - /

Won't rate this song as it's more an intro to Powerless for me. Nice short piece of music.

12 - POWERLESS - 9/10

Second best track on Living Things in my opinion, because of it's epic ending. Reminds me of The Little Things Give You Away, although it's not that superb (TLTGYA is a nearly 10). Verse and Chorus are good, but not great, which is why I actually wasn't sure about giving it an 8 or 9. But, like I said, the ending is wonderful, and it definitely calls up those big emotions inside of me that are the reason why I'm loving music that much.

Living Things has it's positive and negative sides, but in conclusion, I find it a lot better than A Thousand Suns and I really fell in love with Lost In The Echo and Powerless. <3 I wanna thank Linkin Park for giving me this possibility to come back to them. And I hope they'll continue at this point, 'cause although I'll always be a little sad because they changed their style so rapidly, I really don't want to lose my connection with this amazing band.

I unhappily have to say that I'm one of those guys who were really disappointed by ATS. In fact the only song I like out of that album is The Catalyst, 'cause it's good enough to ignore those two hard electronic parts.

After ATS I kinda lost my belief in Linkin Park. When I first heard them in around 2004/2005, they instantly became my favourite band and until the end of 2007 I did not hear any other music. And although I loved the sound of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I also loved Minutes To Midnight as much as their previous work, 'cause in terms of melody and harmony it probably was their best work ever.

Whatever, like I mentioned before, I was and I am very disappointed by ATS, so I did not really have expectations on Living Things (and if I did, they were really low). And probably that's the reason why I'm pleasantly surprised. I now listened to it several times and it's definitely not as good as HT, Meteora or M2M were, but in fact it is WAY better than ATS was and although I'm really not a friend of electronic music, I kinda like most parts of Living Things, and that's a big advance, isn't it?

I'm thankful that Linkin Park made it possible for me to make something like a restart with their new style of music, as it's more powerful than ATS and kind of a symbiosis between their old heavy music and their new eletronic stuff. I'll probably never love them as much as I did in the past, but maybe Living Things can help me to become more familiar with what they're doing right now.

If anybody read through this block of text, here's my song-by-song-review, although I'm pretty sure my opinion about a couple of songs may change a bit after I heard them more often.

01 - LOST IN THE ECHO - 9/10

I'm totally in love with this song. Although it has got some heavy electronics on it, they don't annoy me (which is remarkable), as this song is so energetic and melodious and probably got one of the greatest choruses they've ever written. The only reason why I don't give it 10 points out of 10 is that I know songs which are still definitely better, musically and emotionally, but Lost In The Echo nevertheless is a great track (although I didn't like it that much when I listened to it the first time).

02 - IN MY REMAINS - 6-7/10

Depends on if it's able to grow on me after some time. Solid, but not very special song. I like it, though.

03 - BURN IT DOWN - 1/10

Most of you will disagree with this opinion, but I personally kinda hate Burn It Down. It's way too electronic for me and I REALLY don't like the harmony, especially in the chorus. Everytime I hear it, it makes me wanna disappear immediately. Horrible.

04 - LIES GREED MISERY - 4/10

This could've been a great song, but like Burn It Down it's too electronic for me. I heard it live at the Telekom StreetGig in Berlin and it was way better than the studio version, which simply doesn't sound good for me, although the chorus is, theoretically, very powerful (would be with better drums and better singing).

05 - I'LL BE GONE - 7-8/10

Cannot say much about this song. I like it.

06 - CASTLE OF GLASS - 6-7/10

Something like a better version of In Between to me, "better" being the operative word. I like the breakdown between chorus and verse, and I like the verse more than the chorus. Nice song.

07 - VICTIMIZE - 0/10

Crap. Worst "song" they've ever written, and I'm not pretty sure why I'm calling it a "song".

08 - ROADS UNTRAVELED - 5-6/10

Lyrically the sequel of No Roads Left, but to be honest, NRL is definitely better. Has got an interesting harmony, but it's a little too boring.

09 - SKIN TO BONE - 4/10

Same harmony like Roads Untraveled... but it's the worse than it's predecessor. I don't really like it, although I could imagine that it will grow a little on me. Not much, though.

10 - UNTIL IT BREAKS - 0/10

One of the big questions of Living Things: What's worse? Victimize or Until It Breaks? I don't know, but both songs are simply disgusting.

11 - TINFOIL - /

Won't rate this song as it's more an intro to Powerless for me. Nice short piece of music.

12 - POWERLESS - 9/10

Second best track on Living Things in my opinion, because of it's epic ending. Reminds me of The Little Things Give You Away, although it's not that superb (TLTGYA is a nearly 10). Verse and Chorus are good, but not great, which is why I actually wasn't sure about giving it an 8 or 9. But, like I said, the ending is wonderful, and it definitely calls up those big emotions inside of me that are the reason why I'm loving music that much.

Living Things has it's positive and negative sides, but in conclusion, I find it a lot better than A Thousand Suns and I really fell in love with Lost In The Echo and Powerless. <3 I wanna thank Linkin Park for giving me this possibility to come back to them. And I hope they'll continue at this point, 'cause although I'll always be a little sad because they changed their style so rapidly, I really don't want to lose my connection with this amazing band.

Well judging by this review, you obviously are not a fan of LP's direction on MTM and ATS. Do you like all your songs poppy and full of friendly radio structure? Sorry, but there was no need to bash the band that badly. That's what I hate about the LP fanbase, you can't just say you simply don't like the song, you have to say it's a piece of shit and you aren't sure why it's a song, etc. Have some respect for the band at least.

I don't think that I've bashed the band Oo I just wrote down my opinion, and I also said that I'm pretty happy with Living Things. That doesn't mean that I've got no right to criticize them.

I just wonder if you really read my review, as I said in no uncertain manner that I totally loved Minutes to Midnight. TLTGYA, No Roads Left and Bleed It Out definitely belong to my favourite LP tracks of all time. I just didn't like A Thousand Suns and I don't know why it should be wrong to mention that.

"Do you like all your songs poppy and full of friendly radio structure?" - could you explain me this sentence? Just because I absolutely dislike Victimize? That's not forbidden, as far as I know. Yes, I don't call it a song because I think it's a stringing together of a few parts who simply don't match. It sounds weird in my ears.

And finally, that doesn't mean that I don't have some respect for the band. Again, read my post and you'll see I wrote that I'm thankful for Living Things, that I appreciate their new work and that I call it a progress in comparison to ATS. As someone who really doesn't like electronic music at all, imho I respect them as much as possible right now.