The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the award for the catchiest song goes to Castle Of Glass! Fcuk, I can't stop listening to that shit.

Agreed. I woke up this morning humming the song as well as singing the chorus. It's really catchy.

I get that it's heavy (that's not why I don't like it, I LOVE Qwerty) - but to me it's a mess of a song :\ Idunno, it hasn't grown on me...

I don't really like it either. But I don't think you can say that it hasn't grown on you, after just one day since the album was leaked :blink:

I get that it's heavy (that's not why I don't like it, I LOVE Qwerty) - but to me it's a mess of a song :\ Idunno, it hasn't grown on me...

i like to see a mess on a linkin park record somehow. something that doesn't fit in. it doesn't need to grow, a fist-punch doesn't need to grow

MTM and ATS were like, "We don't wanna do the same thing and want to experiment but we're a bit nervous"

(Don't get me wrong, I love both records)

Whereas LT is like "Fuck you, we're Linkin Park and we'll do what we want."

That's the impression I get since the experimentation began.

but, but the album sounds amazing. Just one listen couldn't hurt.

You know you want to ;)

I'm quite enjoying reading what other people are saying about it and forming an idea of it in my head, before I get those smashed about by what the band's actually done. getting a kick off that right now.

god I'm strange

MTM and ATS were like, "We don't wanna do the same thing and want to experiment but we're a bit nervous"

(Don't get me wrong, I love both records)

Whereas LT is like "Fuck you, we're Linkin Park and we'll do what we want."

That's the impression I get since the experimentation began.

I completely agree, but I feel like ATS was a little of the "Fuck you attitude" also given how drastic of a turn it was and how critics, fans and WB executives alike gave them shit for it. I feel like Living Things is them completely in their comfort zone, not afraid to do anything they've before, while still holding true to the concept of bringing something fresh with each progressive album

It's also good to see Mike's rapping in LP being more like his rapping Fort Minor.

his rapping has gained a really "fuck you" attitude from ATS onwards and I think the agressive lyrics suit him better, alot of the HT/M raps sound a bit weak and meaningless since I've heard ATS

get on it LPU M&Gers ;)

I'll ask him on the HCT this summer but I'm sure it will be answered long before then.

BTW, I love the WID (Live) bonus track.

Edited by Geki

It's also good to see Mike's rapping in LP being more like his rapping Fort Minor.

his rapping has gained a really "fuck you" attitude from ATS onwards and I think the agressive lyrics suit him better, alot of the HT/M raps sound a bit weak and meaningless since I've heard ATS

Yes, thank you, thank you so much, preach that shit. Ever since FM, we've seen what Mike's really capable of, and I'm really glad that it's carried back over into LP.

Especially on UNTIL IT BREAKS.

I couldn't help myself.

BTW, I love the WID (Live) bonus track.

!? :o

Yes, thank you, thank you so much, preach that shit. Ever since FM, we've seen what Mike's really capable of, and I'm really glad that it's carried back over into LP.

Especially on UNTIL IT BREAKS.

I couldn't help myself.

I feel like I've been verbally vomited on :lol:

AND YOU'RE DAMN WELCOME FOR IT

But like, there's really a progression with Mike's ego, so to speak, from FM to ATS (because MTM didn't really have any self-centered rapping) to LT. With FM he's all "Yeah I'm here, I'm pretty good, but you know I'm not really trying to command or demand attention and recognition, just doin' what I like to do." With ATS he's like "You know what? Back the fuck up. I'm the shit, you need to realize that." And finally with LT he's like "Alright, look how great I am. I'm such a fucking boss. Fuck you."

It's great.

AND YOU'RE DAMN WELCOME FOR IT

But like, there's really a progression with Mike's ego, so to speak, from FM to ATS (because MTM didn't really have any self-centered rapping) to LT. With FM he's all "Yeah I'm here, I'm pretty good, but you know I'm not really trying to command or demand attention and recognition, just doin' what I like to do." With ATS he's like "You know what? Back the fuck up. I'm the shit, you need to realize that." And finally with LT he's like "Alright, look how great I am. I'm such a fucking boss. Fuck you."

It's great.

:lol:

I know righ'? W&K and I Have Not Begun are utter gems for that reason...

Victimized is as badass as hell. I'm very glad to hear LGM in better quality, it's my favorite song from the album. The new album is not as far good as the first one was (I love Hybrid Theory since it had been released in 2000), but it deserves the second place on my "Best LP album" list. :) I won't listen to them until the album won't be released on iTunes (except the two songs I have heard before), but after that my iPod will scream LP for long time. :)

FYI - Lost in the Echo is my new way of referring to fans asking why LP don't go back to HT or Meteora days.Their whining cries just get Lost in the Echo of their repetitive whining cries from now on.

Seriously fucking love LIVING THINGS!