The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

I feel so out of the loop lol I wish I was around for the stream. I wonder how mad the band is over this.

Not so much. A lot of other people seem very committed to waiting for the album to drop.

And yeah I can't imagine how pissed LP must be right now.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not so much. A lot of other people seem very committed to waiting for the album to drop.

And yeah I can't imagine how pissed LP must be right now.

It's one thing for an album to leak but for it to be apples fault, WOW I'd be furious. I think someone will be losing there job lol

I really liked Lost In The Echo, In My Remains, I'll Be Gone and Powerless.

Least favs are Victimized and Lies Greed Misery... I love heavier music but I always find that with LP, a lot of their heavier songs start to lack lyrical creativity (which is very unfortunate) They tend to take on a poor me, FML, lies boohoo tone and it just sounds immature.

Like this song is heavy but not whiny right?

totally possible.

Got through the whole album.

Ho-ly shit.

Right now the only songs I was underwhelmed by are I'LL BE GONE and VICTIMIZED. (Is it still the cool thing to use the all-caps titles? because I'm going to do that forever.)

Mike's verses are...damn. Asking where Fort Minor went? Take a fucking look at UNTIL IT BREAKS, kids.

I don't know what fucking band wrote VICTIMIZED, but it wasn't LP. Mike was doing some Matisyahu-esque rapping on that second verse, though. Weird shit.

Fire Chester and put Brad on lead vocals. Can you imagine his nasally-ass voice screaming "BOUNCE MOTHERFUCKERS"?

TINFOIL into POWERLESS reminds me a whole lot of Empty Spaces into When They Come for Me, because TINFOIL is basically the verse of POWERLESS without vocals and with an additional piano melody.

Speaking of POWERLESS, damn, those lyrics have a home on Hybrid Theory. It goes to show how tolerable the lyrics are when Chester's not screaming over power chords, though. One of my favorite songs from the album.

All in all, this won't beat ATS. But this is exactly what LP said it would be - one damn good album.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

It's one thing for an album to leak but for it to be apples fault, WOW I'd be furious. I think someone will be losing there job lol

Is that really apple's fault if LP posted the link? I think that's how the people found it in the first place.

You mean Victimized?

Yeah. According to phoenix the working title was called 'Battle Axe' lol

EDIT: Seems like Lost In the Echo is winning the majority vote here and LPA

Edited by Jani

Listening again. Was too excited yesterday to listen to it properly. I loved it though.

My impressions yesterday were: Chester's parts sound a lot like they're from a DBS song. And Mike's raps sound like they're from a FM song. And I like that. It sounds like Linkin Park, but is very different. That's what the band has been trying to achieve. I'm impressed. Great album.

Listening again. Was too excited yesterday to listen to it properly. I loved it though.

My impressions yesterday were: Chester's parts sound a lot like they're from a DBS song. And Mike's raps sound like they're from a FM song. And I like that. It sounds like Linkin Park, but is very different. That's what the band has been trying to achieve. I'm impressed. Great album.

Sounds like what people thought of blink-182's most recent album. I see where you're coming from with that.

I've been a huge LP fan from day one, and I hate to say this, but I'm pretty disappointed with the album so far. To be fair, I've got to give it another listen, but I feel like this album was way too overhyped in the sense of a return to an original sound. Other than the fact that there is a little more rapping and an even mix of Mike and Chester on this album, I don't think this has any reflection of HT in it whatsoever. Not one song was created with actual music -- seems like everything they do now is created on a computer.

I'm not going to knock anyone that says they like it - to each his own. Just my opinion... I just don't think this is "winning back" fans that didn't like ATS.

here the chords, one of my favourites...

Castle of glass

C#m C#m B F# (x3)

A A B B

C#m

C#m

Take me down to the river bend

C#m

Take me down to the fighting end

B

Wash the poison from off my skin

C#m

Show me how to be whole again

C#m

Fly me up on a silver wing

C#m

Past the black, where the sirens sing

B

Warm me up in the novice glow

C#m

and drop me down to the dream below

A E B C#m

Because I'm only a crack in this castle of glass

A E B

Hardly anything left for you to see

For you to see

C#m C#m B F# (x2)

C#m

Bring me home in a blinding dream,

C#m

through the secrets that I have seen

B

Wash the sorrow from off my skin

C#m

and show me how to be whole again

A E B C#m

A E B

C#m

For you to see

Bridge:

A C#m B F#

C#m C#m

A C#m B F#

C#m C#m

A E B C#m

A E B

Hardly anything else I need to be

A E B C#m

A E B

For you to see

A C#m B F# (x2)

I've been a huge LP fan from day one, and I hate to say this, but I'm pretty disappointed with the album so far. To be fair, I've got to give it another listen, but I feel like this album was way too overhyped in the sense of a return to an original sound. Other than the fact that there is a little more rapping and an even mix of Mike and Chester on this album, I don't think this has any reflection of HT in it whatsoever. Not one song was created with actual music -- seems like everything they do now is created on a computer.

I'm not going to knock anyone that says they like it - to each his own. Just my opinion... I just don't think this is "winning back" fans that didn't like ATS.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with your last statement - I do think it'll bring back some people who were hoping for another short collection of good songs. The electronic elements could be a turn off, but I think a lot of people will be happy with this album.

Welcome to LPL, btw. Hope you stick around.

LP never really said Living Things would be a return to Hybrid Theory...they said some songs would sound familiar to HT era fans, but they stressed that it was the convergence of everything they've done so far. To me they achieved that.

Living Things had:

The pure raw energy of Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

The variation of song styles from Minutes to Midnight.

The electronic elements from A Thousand Suns.

The personal sides from Rising Tieds and Out of Ashes

Also, welcome LT era LPLive member :D

Edited by MrCinder

LP never really said Living Things would be a return to Hybrid Theory...they said some songs would sound familiar to HT era fans, but they stressed that it was the convergence of everything they've done so far. To me they achieved that.

Living Things had:

The pure raw energy of Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

The variation of song styles from Minutes to Midnight.

The electronic elements from A Thousand Suns.

The personal sides from Rising Tieds and Out of Ashes

I agree with you that LP never said it, but I just think many of the reviews we've all been reading over the past few months were a little misleading. That's what I meant with the overhyped reference The energy is there - you are right, but I just don't hear anything familiar to it in the sound. Lost in the Echo is probably the closest. Chances are I will end up liking this just like I have everything else they've done, I guess I was just expecting something different.