The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll post a full review after several hearings.. For now I have to say I liked it a lot.. Better than ATS in any way imaginable FOR SURE.. Still confused about some songs... Will report later more

Edited by jakolp

I'm waiting until the 26th. Not long from now. I want to finally for the first time have the satisfaction of hearing an album for the first time by unpackaging it and listening to the actual CD. Not an Internet leak or stream. That takes some fun out of it. Hearing it for the first time with the actual CD will make it fun for me!

so i listened to it as a whole for the first time. i'm more a rock/metal-orientated listener:

highlights:

lost in the echo, !victimized!, and parts of until it breaks (rap is sickest so far), parts of castle of glass (nice atmosphere) and parts of roads untraveled

In my remains is boring and bad. i'll be gone has a nice refrain but misses a good and fresh bridge or guitar solo, too bad. skin to bone and powerless, can't even remember them, electro pop(rock) stuff that nobody really needs.

first impression after listening once:

it's an okay album giving it 5/10.

should be a good album for the chart orientated pop/rock-electronic listeners, a bad one for those who were expecting a heavy album

Really like the first half of the album, especially "Lost in the Echo", but I can't say I really enjoyed the second half of the album, outside of "Powerless." Really did not like "Until it Breaks."

BUT, I don't think you can have a solid opinion of an album based on just one listen.

I only got to listen to the first two songs before itunes went of freaky on me, I dont care I'll wait then.. i guess its not meant for me to listen to the whole thing.. thats okay though. Im not upset about it. I guess ill be keeping my promise afterall even though my mind is going .. OMG WHYY!!!..

Only got to listen to the album once, so I don't have too firm an opinion yet.

I like the slower songs after "Victimized". The only one that was extremely out of place to me was Until It Remains. Need another listen but my stream died.

I wonder who just got fired at Apple for that fail.

BUT, I don't think you can have a solid opinion of an album based on just one listen.

This.

Give it some time guys.. Don't go all "I LOVE IT" or "I hate it, meh" after you listen it one time...

Give it some time..

just back from the pre-listening in Hamburg,...

(first news i got @home...after 700km... it LEAKED -.- wtf) but it doesen´t matter,...

here my SHORT review ;D

1. "Lost in the Echo" 10/10

2. "In My Remains" 8/10

3. "Burn It Down" 8/10

4. "Lies Greed Misery" 10/10

5. "I'll Be Gone" 8/10

6. "Castle of Glass" 7/10

7. "Victimized" 10/10

8. "Roads Untraveled" 7/10

9. "Skin to Bone" 4/10

10. "Until It Breaks" 8/10

11. "Tinfoil" 7/10

12. "Powerless" 7/10

- When Lost in the Echo was played all 16 attenders were smiling all over the face Posted Image ... this is how a record must start ... and Lies Greed Misery and Victimized are also mindblowing

- Songs 1-7 are amazing ^^ but after that it´s getting down,... Until it Breakes is one more highlight at the end.

But all in all... AMAZING \m/

post-1525-1339794083_thumb.jpg

I'm waiting until the 26th. Not long from now. I want to finally for the first time have the satisfaction of hearing an album for the first time by unpackaging it and listening to the actual CD. Not an Internet leak or stream. That takes some fun out of it. Hearing it for the first time with the actual CD will make it fun for me!

These are exactly my thoughts. I'm waiting until the 22nd.

i agree that you shouldn't make a quick judgement based on a stream, you need to let the songs grow on you, in my case with ATS, It took Waiting for the end" quite a bit of time to grow on me (probably cause it sounded a bit... dare i say boyband-ish to me).. but it was the exact opposite for "When They Come For Me" both songs kick butt..lol well thats my opinion..

Though I only heard the first 2 songs, Im going to wait till it comes in my mailbox and i can listen to the CD over and over again till i make a final judgement.