The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I've heard an album that has a unique sound, is very diverse, has some of the most quality melodies and choruses I've ever heard from Linkin Park, has songs with a typical structure and songs that go hard on experimentation. And a perfect balance between up tempo and slower songs. It doesn't cross the 'pop' line, it's definitely very "rockish". Thank you for coming back, Linkin Park.

YAYYYYYYYY could hear it!

01. Lost In The Echo - 9/10

02. In My Remains - 10/10

03. Burn It Down - 8/10

04. Lies Greed Misery - 8/10

05. I'll Be Gone - 10/10

06. Castle Of Glass - 8/10

07. Victimized - 4/10

08. Roads Untravelled - 6/10

09. Skin To Bone - 8/10

10. Until It Breaks - 2/10

11. Tinfoil - 2/10

12. Powerless - 8/10

1- Overall, really great album!!!

2- Just think Until it Breaks may be the worst LP song so far.

3- Victimized was a major disappointment (seriously, how did the reviewers said it was the heaviest song to date?)

4- Lame instrumental, really

So, I've heard an album that has a unique sound, is very diverse, has some of the most quality melodies and choruses I've ever heard from Linkin Park, has songs with a typical structure and songs that go hard on experimentation. And a perfect balance between up tempo and slower songs. It doesn't cross the 'pop' line, it's definitely very "rockish". Thank you for coming back, Linkin Park.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but "rockish" isn't a word is use to describe what I've heard.

Well, what can I say, 5 songs out of 12 are definitely good - "Lost In The Echo", "In My Remains", "I'll Be Gone", "Castle Of Glass", "Roads Untraveled".

After that come "Burn It Down" and "Until It Breaks" - probably worst Linkin Park songs(?) ever.

"Skin To Bone" and "Victimized" - well, these ones are just something strange, there are good moments in them, but overall I can't say much about them, so these are the "filler".

"Tinfoil" is a great little thing, shame that it's so short.

"Powerless" - it has some potential in it, but I didn't get it as of now, but it's definitely better than "Burn It Down", "Until It Breaks", "Skin To Bone" and "Victimized".

And "Lies Greed Misery" is the most controversial song off the record for me, it has the groove, it has that pretty good anger-driven ending, but the song is way too strange, I can't decide if I like it or not, huh.

Strange album, but there are some big choruses, something to sing along to, but for now, I guess I'd rather listen to ATS part 2, than to the album that is now called "Living Things".

There is too much of Mike's singing(with his parts being harder than the ones in "BITS" and "Iridescent"), which immediately makes some songs almost impossible to play live, huh.

Linkin Park did something fresh again, and maybe it will grow on me, who knows what future holds.

01. LOST IN THE ECHO - 9.5/10

02. IN MY REMAINS - 8.5/10

03. BURN IT DOWN - 8.0/10

04. LIES GREED MISERY - 9.0/10

05. I'LL BE GONE - 7.5/10

06. CASTLE OF GLASS - 9.0/10

07. VICTIMIZED - 7.5/10

08. ROADS UNTRAVELED - 6.0/10

09. SKIN TO BONE - 2.0/10

10. UNTIL IT BREAKS - 8.5/10

11. TINFOIL - 3.0/10

12. POWERLESS - 9.0/10

Until it Breaks sounds weird to me in the beginning, but now sounds really good!

Victimized could be a little longer

Skin To Bone is an "In Between 2", the worst song of this record

Don't have time to put a full review here, but after one full listen, this is my first impression on a scale from 1 - 10. Trying to be realistic, so not just with every song: "10/10, love it!" ;)

01. Lost In The Echo - 8/10

02. In My Remains - 7/10

03. Burn It Down - 6.5/10

04. Lies Greed Misery - 7/10

05. I'll Be Gone - 5/10

06. Castle Of Glass - 9/10

07. Victimized - 5/10

08. Roads Untravelled - 8/10

09. Skin To Bone - 4/10

10. Until It Breaks - 7/10

11. Tinfoil - 7/10

12. Powerless - 8/10

Lost in the Echo, Castle of Glass, Roads Untravelled and Powerless are the best songs on the album, in my opinion.

After a second listen, I still have the same feelings I did before. Tracks 7-10 sound like unfinished demos and Tinfoil is a complete waste of space. I feel like Roads Untravelled was a missed opportunity. It could have been just as epic as "Iridescent" had it been given a chorus. Victimized was severely overhyped. It's definitely not their heaviest song. In fact, I don't think it's heavier than most of the tracks on Meteora.

Honestly, how do people like Lies Greed Misery? I would have to say that its the worst song on the album by far. Id give it a 3/10. I hated from the first time I heard it and I cant listen to it at all. I dont skip any songs on their cd's and I can listen to them all the way through, but I am this album will be the first where I skip LGM. I just hate it! I am not complaining cause different strokes for different folks as I told Mark. Its just my opinion...

Oh and Victimized is the shit! I love it! Again, I cant see why people hate it...Its fucking genius!

Edited by lperocker

01. Lost In The Echo' 10/10

02. In My Remains' 8/10

03. Burn It Down' 8/10

04. Lies Greed Misery' 7/10

05. I'll Be Gone' 9/10

06. Castle Of Glass' 9/10

07. Victimized' 6/10

08. Roads Untraveled' 10/10

09. Skin To Bone' 7/10

10. Until It Breaks' 4/10

11. Tinfoil' 7/10

12. Powerless' 8/10

Victimized and Until it Breaks need to grow on me.

LITE, I'll Be Gone, Roads Untraveled and Castle of Glass are my favs right now

This wasn't planned. A friend said the link was posted for a short time on the LP facebook? Or where did it come from?

Another good question is why the stream was working already.

Yeah, the link was posted for a very short amount of time on LP's facebook.. It was all it took..

"Until It Breaks" was a pretty good song starting from chester's part but then they fucked the end of the song. Also "Castle Of Glass" had me going too for abit then disappointing at the end. that's just my opinion, i will give them all a listen again and i know i'll like this whole album :D