The LIVING THINGS Leak

lakersfan13

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite songs are Lost in the echo, In my remains, Burn it down, Lies greed misery, I'll be gone, Victimized and Tinfoil with Powerless :) but the best songs of this album for my are Burn it down and Lies greed misery but Victimized is classic numetal song which I love

Edited by Steve

Oh come on...the quality is great, the full album is there, just a click away...and everyone's going nuts over how great it is...you have to listen to it...NOW...

nahh mate, making a nice deal of going down to the record store and (literally) getting my hands on it. I want to be called a slowpoke when I make my "ipubenrvipbqerbpi" post :lol:

Me too! If you hold out with me I'll give you a cookie. =]

haha deal ;)

but Victimized is classic numetal song which I love

Victimized, nu metal? :lol:

I'm not a nu metal hater, but this song is very very very very far from the nu-metal standarts. It's more of a punk-rock-electro-hardcore-hip-hop songs...that genre don't exist, but well, you can't really categorize Victimized.

Also, the guy singing at the end of UIB is Brad, it was said in an interview :)

Edited by Qwerty18

pretty cool that they're getting vocals from other band members too.

i always think it add more depth to use members for back-up rather than endless takes of the same voice like chester did on DBS

pretty cool that they're getting vocals from other band members too.

i always think it add more depth to use members for back-up rather than endless takes of the same voice like chester did on DBS

Well, it wasn't exactly back up vocals on this one. You'll see :) Edited by Qwerty18

01. LOST IN THE ECHO 9/10

02. IN MY REMAINS 9/10

03. BURN IT DOWN 7/10

04. LIES GREED MISERY 9/10

05. I'LL BE GONE 10/10

06. CASTLE OF GLASS 10/10

07. VICTIMIZED 5/10

08. ROADS UNTRAVELED 8/10

09. SKIN TO BONE 6/10

10. UNTIL IT BREAKS 6/10

11. TINFOIL 8/10

12. POWERLESS 9/10

Overall: 8.5/10

Sadly, but Victimized sounds like a compilation of sounds, not like a song (Blackout was much better in this way, this song really explodes you mind in the end). Also, music over the verses of UIB and Mike's rapping sounds terrible. I really enjoyed it as a WFTE intro, but the actual song...

On the other hand, IBG & COG are fucking brilliant, LITE & IMR are also great, and i really like RU.

Edited by Nikita

I really really dig their folk influences. I mean, wow, I couldnt imagine it would match so perfectly with the electronic elements. Also, did anyone else notice how Castle of Glass, Roads Untravelled, Skin To Bone,and parts of other songs have a really different vibe on the vocal melodies than anything they've done?

I've listened to the album 3 times and it's my least favorite LP release at this point. Reminds me of something they would release for LPU and sounds like a robotic version of the band. Definitely some cool moments and a few good tracks, but overall a thumbs down from me.

Top 3 tracks:

1. BURN IT DOWN

2. LOST IN THE ECHO

3. VICTIMIZED

01. LOST IN THE ECHO 9/10

02. IN MY REMAINS 9/10

03. BURN IT DOWN 8/10

04. LIES GREED MISERY 7/10

05. I'LL BE GONE 9/10

06. CASTLE OF GLASS 10/10

07. VICTIMIZED 8/10

08. ROADS UNTRAVELED 5/10

09. SKIN TO BONE 7/10

10. UNTIL IT BREAKS 8/10

11. TINFOIL 7/10

12. POWERLESS 10/10

I think the no.01 fevourite from this album for me is obviously Lost In The Echo. Its epic and it has everything that makes it LP. Chaz scream, Mike rap, catchy refrain and awesome intro for the album as well. In My Remains is also a great hit with I'll be Gone. Castle Of Glass has its cachy melody with Mike singing so it really caught me. Victimized is just awesome, however very short but I love the way it starts. Roads Untravelled is the weakest one I think... It makes me sleep and probably this is where the album gets a little boring for me. Skin To Bone could've made it worse without those beats, so I think this song is just OK and the next one is also just OK, I mean Mike's rap is not the best I've heard from him but then Chesters vocal makes the song more easy to let in. Tinfoil is just another kinda "ATS interlude" for me... nothing special but then Powerless gives a really epic and emotional close for the album and at this point I felt that this album will be a long-time favourite for me and probably the most listened one in 2012. Congrats LP! Everything you touch turn into gold and especially this record!

I'm not going to knock anyone that says they like it - to each his own. Just my opinion... I just don't think this is "winning back" fans that didn't like ATS.

Well actually I hated ATS, I still think it might be the worst album I've ever listened to, but so far I liked A LOT the new album! And I've seen similar reaction by lots of people..

Victimized, nu metal? :lol:

I'm not a nu metal hater, but this song is very very very very far from the nu-metal standarts. It's more of a punk-rock-electro-hardcore-hip-hop songs...that genre don't exist, but well, you can't really categorize Victimized.

You can pretty much say that for all of LP now. A genre label for them never really existed. Maybe on the first two records, but ever since MTM they've changed their songs up so much and have had so many different styles on one record its impossible to label them anymore, which is awesome

You can pretty much say that for all of LP now. A genre label for them never really existed. Maybe on the first two records, but ever since MTM they've changed their songs up so much and have had so many different styles on one record its impossible to label them anymore, which is awesome

I think MtM can be easily categorized as an alternative rock album..

Edited by jakolp