LP planning album for next year

gtrnowak4tkd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band's new goal: A new album every 18 months. "That would be fucking awesome," Bennington says. "Of course, a big part of achieving this new faster pace of releasing music is shorter touring cycles."

Guess that explains why the ATS tour cycle has been extremely short.

I think it's going to happen. Everyone I know is like "lawlz lp releases albumz every three years". Remember this, the gap between Meteora and Minutes To Midnight was so big because Mike had Fort Minor. That blew up pretty big. He was doing a few concerts, music videos, TRL, you name it. Chester was really working hard on Dead By Sunrise between Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns. Same case for him. They don't have a side project right now. They've really been working hard while on tour, so I can't imagine how fast they are working now. Rick Rubin has already been announced as their producer (in fact he was a month ago), so I could imagine that they are working at a fast pace.

I'd say:

Album hype / first single - March 2012

Album release - April 2012

This article is holding up the new album...

ITS BACK!

I cant wait for some new material. Also with the LOL at the 2009 Album thing. Dont forget the guys were bitch fighting with Warner (kinda) as shown in the ATS DVD.

Edit: this is my 1,500th post. Woo!

Edited by Pez

I just hope LP are not rushing an early release for the album just to please the fans and it ends up sounding not as good as it should be but having said that the new album would probably drag out to a 2013 release anyway.

When Chester gave that interview in which he talked about how LP's fifth album was going to "polarize people", the fans asked Mike about it and he just went "I have no idea what he's talking about. The album isn't nearly done".

So I'm not really getting my hopes up. I think late 2012 might be a possibility, but early 2012 just seems a little too soon for LP. I hope I'm wrong though.