LP planning album for next year

gtrnowak4tkd

MTM was good, some of the actual songs on ATS were good, but i do miss mu-metal. Not many people make good nu-metal anymore

i still bump Papa Roach and old LP alot

but it won't be nu-metal, i can only hope for good songs and no interludes (atleast 12 full songs)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 tracks on a studio album is not acceptable- too many interludes.

8 are not acceptable but 9 are...

Anyway, I don't see why people fuss so much about the interludes. If Empty Spaces and WTCFM were the same track then it would be annoying. Every time you just want to listen to WTCFM, you would have to sit through 18 seconds of crickets. Plus I loved how the transition between the two tracks catches you off guard the first time you hear it.

Jornada Del Muerto is an amazing track, with its powerful synth solo, off beat time signature, and haunting vocals. It compliments the cinematic and powerful ending to Robot Boy while setting the mood for WFTE's upbeat rhythm.

Wisdom Justice And Love is one of the most moving pieces on the whole album. That moment at the end when you hear the last "Cannot be reconciled with wisdom justice and love" is so haunting that it literally made me jump the first time I heard it. And then when Iridescent comes in, its like the most beautiful thing you've ever heard. A piece of music like that has never had that much of an impact on me.

Fallout is a great transition between Iridescent and The Catalyst because it prepares you for the "grande finale" of the album. Reincorporating the lyrics from BITS was a very smart idea. The Requiem has lyrics from The Catalyst right before BITS, and Fallout has lyrics from BITS right before the Catalyst. Its also kind of cool how in WJ&L a human voice becomes robotic but in Fallout its the other way around.

8 are not acceptable but 9 are...

Anyway, I don't see why people fuss so much about the interludes. If Empty Spaces and WTCFM were the same track then it would be annoying. Every time you just want to listen to WTCFM, you would have to sit through 18 seconds of crickets. Plus I loved how the transition between the two tracks catches you off guard the first time you hear it.

Jornada Del Muerto is an amazing track, with its powerful synth solo, off beat time signature, and haunting vocals. It compliments the cinematic and powerful ending to Robot Boy while setting the mood for WFTE's upbeat rhythm.

Wisdom Justice And Love is one of the most moving pieces on the whole album. That moment at the end when you hear the last "Cannot be reconciled with wisdom justice and love" is so haunting that it literally made me jump the first time I heard it. And then when Iridescent comes in, its like the most beautiful thing you've ever heard. A piece of music like that has never had that much of an impact on me.

Fallout is a great transition between Iridescent and The Catalyst because it prepares you for the "grande finale" of the album. Reincorporating the lyrics from BITS was a very smart idea. The Requiem has lyrics from The Catalyst right before BITS, and Fallout has lyrics from BITS right before the Catalyst. Its also kind of cool how in WJ&L a human voice becomes robotic but in Fallout its the other way around.

i'd say the interludes would be fine if it was a 18 track alnum with 12 full tracks. for a lot of us, the interludes are no problem (kinda like Eminem skits) but its the lack of songs that are a problem Edited by Bliss

MTM was good, some of the actual songs on ATS were good, but i do miss mu-metal. Not many people make good nu-metal anymore

i still bump Papa Roach and old LP alot

but it won't be nu-metal, i can only hope for good songs and no interludes (atleast 12 full songs)

I actually prefer some of Papa Roach's newer material over their old. The 5 songs on Time For Annihilation were some of their best.

I actually prefer some of Papa Roach's newer material over their old. The 5 songs on Time For Annihilation were some of their best.

i like their old stuff and their new stuff. Wasn't the biggest fan of metamorphasis (it was ok), but The songs on Time for annihilation were good

I kind of agree on this... but i don't think it's UNNACEPTABLE - all these old school albums used to be limited to that sort of number, and i'm actually quite a fan of the interludes, there could have just been more tracks, say about 4 more songs or something, and maybe another few interlude to keep with the album's flow...

Yeah I don't mean to sound that entitled but LP makes their fans wait a long time for such few actual songs. Thankfully the lpu cd's have improved over the past 2 years though.

same here :) i really like their new direction

the enemy, kick in the teeth, no matter what = epic

Edited by Tomer