Quick question? Ask here!

The thing is that in the USA they don't ever do these big outdoor shows with a big lineup, like Projekt Revolution's 2008 and 2011 shows in Europe. You could easily get 40,000 at those in Europe. The USA music scene isn't that big though for rock, the biggest festival Rock on the Range only gets 35,000 max for a HUGE lineup that includes Slipknot and a ton of bands. That same lineup at Rock am Ring would bring over 40,000+.

Like you said, LP may have never brought over 25,000 to their own show in the USA, where they could semi-regularly do that outside of the USA at events like Rock im Sektor, Sao Paulo headlining, Asian shows, and more.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing is that in the USA they don't ever do these big outdoor shows with a big lineup, like Projekt Revolution's 2008 and 2011 shows in Europe. You could easily get 40,000 at those in Europe. The USA music scene isn't that big though for rock, the biggest festival Rock on the Range only gets 35,000 max for a HUGE lineup that includes Slipknot and a ton of bands. That same lineup at Rock am Ring would bring over 40,000+.

Like you said, LP may have never brought over 25,000 to their own show in the USA, where they could semi-regularly do that outside of the USA at events like Rock im Sektor, Sao Paulo headlining, Asian shows, and more.

I think with the right acts they could bring more then 25.000. I mean, they bought 65.000 for the Milton Keynes show, manly cause Jay-.Z was a supporting act and they promoted that show so heavily.The Rock on The Range Line-Up was absolutely huge.Judas Pries,Slipknot,Linkin Park as headlining acts :blink: I wish this was here in Germany.

Also the Rock im Sektor Line-Up was not so popular.The other bands, who played there weren't that big to fill these kind of venues. And with this line-up they bought 26.000 or so. Its easy that LP is bigger Europa especially in Germany. I use Germany alot, cause I'm from Germany, but they can play in front of about 200.000 people within 10 month and could play more. They played more shows in Germany than some "big" local acts which is amazing.

Edited by LinkInThePark

I was just thinking how it could turn out for a song to have rock vocals in the verses and rapping in the chorus, the complete reverse of the classic Linkin Park formula. What kind of experimentation would you guys like to see them trying that they didn't before?

I was just thinking how it could turn out for a song to have rock vocals in the verses and rapping in the chorus, the complete reverse of the classic Linkin Park formula. What kind of experimentation would you guys like to see them trying that they didn't before?

The demo version of Points of Authority comes to mind as an example of this.

In one case, one label's response to "Crawling" being so big on the radio was to say that they "never heard "Crawling" before", to which Mike slyly replied that the song, as we all know, was on several of the demo CDs from early 2000 that LP had sent out.

Where did this come from?

• 4 weeks later...

What was the name of the Warner Bros. Records president who rejected the band 3 times and didn't want to release their album after they got signed?

Assuming it was the literal president of WBR at the time, it would have been Phil Quartararo, who was the president from 1997 until Tom Whalley took over in 2001.

I know we can't see any bass player, but is there any bass in the Esaul video from Frat Party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMScMitzdKc

You can see the headstock/neck of the bass on the right side at 0:37 and 0:47. Camera just never pans far enough over to see whoever's playing bass. It's probably not Scott though, it's a 4-string bass with 2 tuning pegs on each side of the headstock. Scott played a Sadowsky bass with all 4 tuning pegs on one side.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about "Things In my Jeep". LP just did vocals only or also were involved on creating instrumental parts of the song?

Second question - does anyone know why Inside Living Things was released on itunes only in Portugal?

Third question - dose anyone can download VR version of the Welcome music video? Here's the link - it doesn't work for me.

Question about "Things In my Jeep". LP just did vocals only or also were involved on creating instrumental parts of the song?

Second question - does anyone know why Inside Living Things was released on itunes only in Portugal?

Third question - dose anyone can download VR version of the Welcome music video? Here's the link - it doesn't work for me.

They aren't credited as co-writers or co-producers on Things in My Jeep, so if there was instrumental input it was very minimal. That guitar part that comes in during the last section really sounds like something Mike would have done, though.

Does anyone know where the remix of Numb/Encore with 50 Cent, Dr. Dre and Eminem came from and who made it?

DJ Exclusive's "Dretox" mixtape that was supposed to be a prelude to Dr. Dre's "Detox" album...which never came out. It was basically just an unofficial compilation of remixes.

Assuming it was the literal president of WBR at the time, it would have been Phil Quartararo, who was the president from 1997 until Tom Whalley took over in 2001.

Looks like it was him:

in our case the guy who was running the company at the time didn't even like the band so we were feeling some added pressure.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/chester-bennington-professes-love-for-arizona-cracks-on-gilbert-7786287

Hey guys, I have question. Some douchbage pissed me off on facebook with lp live sound. What is the difference between analog and digital guitar sound live? Is everything really live? I don't mean samples, I mean guitar sound. You know, last year in Rybnik I was standing in front of stadium and I heard something like soundcheck. I went to pale and through it I saw some people on stage, maybe techs. The main thing is that Papercut played live and nobody played the guitar, drums etd. Vocals were playback too. It was really far from me, but I hope I'm wrong and LP is not playback band. Can anybody explain this to me? Thanks. Sry for posting into two categories. I want to get quicker response.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found it on YouTube and I'm wondering if it's a real demo from Stagelight or fake? It sounds very Linkin Park-ish and these screams sound like Chester's screams and I didn't hear these screams before in any Linkin Park/Dead By Sunrise song. I know that probably it's not Chicken Basket, but it could be Linkin Park demo from Stagelight. I don't know what think about this track. Edited by blackout.

I just found it on YouTube and I'm wondering if it's a real demo from Stagelight or fake? It sounds very Linkin Park-ish and these screams sound like Chester's screams and I didn't hear these screams before in any Linkin Park/Dead By Sunrise song. I know that probably it's not Chicken Basket, but it could be Linkin Park demo from Stagelight. I don't know what think about this track.

It's fake and originates from the period when Bruiser was known to exist but nobody had it yet because it was only available by buying one of the ridiculously expensive Dell Linkin Park Edition computers that came bundled with Open Labs software (this predated the release of Stagelight). There were a bunch of fake Bruiser tracks going around and this was one of them.

It's fake and originates from the period when Bruiser was known to exist but nobody had it yet because it was only available by buying one of the ridiculously expensive Dell Linkin Park Edition computers that came bundled with Open Labs software (this predated the release of Stagelight). There were a bunch of fake Bruiser tracks going around and this was one of them.

Thanks for answer. ;) Overall, I know all the possible available Linkin Park songs, so I felt that it's fake. However, this instrumental sounds very Linkin Park-ish - any ideas what it could be?

Edited by blackout.

• 2 weeks later...

Some time ago I watched a live perfomance of Faint from Youtube. It was so surprising for me because Mike and Chester switched their vocal parts, Chester was rapping the verses and Mike was singing the chours. Anyone knows which live was?

Thanks

Edited by joelinho

Some time ago I watched a live perfomance of Faint from Youtube. It was so surprising for me because Mike and Chester switched they vocal parts, Chester was rapping the verses and Mike was singing the chours. Anyone knows which live was?

Thanks

Well Chester & Mike always do backup vocals for each other so I think that you are getting confused.

Some time ago I watched a live perfomance of Faint from Youtube. It was so surprising for me because Mike and Chester switched they vocal parts, Chester was rapping the verses and Mike was singing the chours. Anyone knows which live was?

Well Chester & Mike always do backup vocals for each other so I think that you are getting confused.

Yeah, Chester sings the "I am"s in the verses and Mike usually backs the "I won't be ignored" in the choruses. You probably saw footage of them doing that and mistook it for them switching

Thanks

I didn't realize that Chester saying two-word phrases while Mike raps the rest of the verses as usual and Mike singing a harmony part on the chorus that was already present on the album constituted "switching parts," lmao.

Anyone who has StageLight...

Apparently, a demo from the MTM Era entitled ''Episodes'' (as seen on the making of MTM as well) was released alongside a bunch of other demos or seeds or whatever you call them.

Has anyone ever put this track together? If so, is it possible to be shared here? I'd love to hear what it sounded like.

Anyone who has StageLight...

Apparently, a demo from the MTM Era entitled ''Episodes'' (as seen on the making of MTM as well) was released alongside a bunch of other demos or seeds or whatever you call them.

Has anyone ever put this track together? If so, is it possible to be shared here? I'd love to hear what it sounded like.

I have Stagelight, but I didn't find any loops called Episodes