04.06.2011 - Irvine, CA - KROQ Weenie Roast

Yeah skype chat was awesome, :lol:

In this concert I liked very much performance of the several songs: The Catalyst, Wisdom Justice and Love, and In the end because these songs was fantastic.

at what time tomorrow will be webcast Live 105's BFD 2011 ?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I did want to say more. lol Did Chester seemed pissed off to anyone else? I think that he did, but despite that he was going OFF!!! So many screams and just a terrific vocal from Chester (fuck his stupid mic).

Chester + skype chat made this worth some the pain of the lagging video.

Plus Rise Against was amazing!!! New fan here!

Woot LP trending worldwide! http://yfrog.com/h4aqh9j

Yeah! Chester seemed pissed off to me too. From the beginning he didn't really look happy. He almost didn't talk to the crowd, and I think he may have been ironic when he thanked the Foo Fighters for the 'surprise show'. I don't know, but I feel like the whole band wasn't really into this show. Mike was definitely the most enthusiastic.

As promised, here's an audio rip of the webcast for y'all: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5RF05BJ (320kbps mp3s, I also have the full show as a giant .wav file if anybody's interested in that).

A few observations about the show I feel I should post:

-Mike's guitar tech almost surely got an earful after Given Up. His guitar was in the wrong tuning for that song, which is why it sounded so bad and he didn't play the whole song.

-For the first time since the live-in-studio performances in March of 2007 (Sessions@AOL, etc.), Brad used a Fernandes Dragonfly guitar on No More Sorrow. Normally he uses a modified PRS on that song.

-Chester once again screwed up the ending to No More Sorrow, he repeated the chorus again instead of singing the outro (he's done that quite a few times on this touring cycle).

-Not sure what was up with Mike's microphone during Numb, but he was laughing about it constantly while his tech was trying to fix it. Either the microphone stand broke, or they forgot to set up the other mic for The Radiance prior to Numb, so they had to do it during the song.

-Something was up with Chester during the middle part of this show, he was visibly in some discomfort during Numb, pulling away from the microphone without finishing lines and stuff like that, then he actually walked off stage during the last chorus of Breaking the Habit (which I'm positive is why the acapella outro wasn't performed). He seemed to get better after that though.

-Fallout wasn't "dropped," it was aborted. Check out the intro to The Catalyst, the droning keyboard note at the beginning goes on for a good 30 seconds before the song starts, and you can hear Mike go "alright then..." at one point. Looks like his vocoder crapped out on him once again. The timing on the intro of The Catalyst was also off for the first few bars.

-Chester almost wiped out AFTER the show! At one point while he was throwing stuff to the crowd, he jumped up on one of the platforms, and it must have had some water on it or something, because he slipped, flailed in mid-air for a second, and thankfully landed on his feet. I was expecting a Melbourne '07 repeat for a second there!

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother reading most of the responses to this thread. Without even looking, I know most of them consist of copious amounts of unwarranted bitching. Sure, that was an underwhelmingly average performance, and it sounded like they pretty much phoned it in, but I can pretty much guarantee most people's criticism won't be anywhere near that constructive. "OMG NO NEW SETLIST LP SUX DEY DON'T CARE ABOUT DA FANS NO MORE." - I'd be surprised if someone hasn't posted something to that effect already.

As promised, here's an audio rip of the webcast for y'all: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5RF05BJ (320kbps mp3s, I also have the full show as a giant .wav file if anybody's interested in that).

thank you so much, I'm looking forward to this show for quite a long time!

I know it's a huge favour but someone also recorded it in video format?

I'm really pumped up for it since I watch papercut.

Edited by LPU90

A few observations about the show I feel I should post:

-Mike's guitar tech almost surely got an earful after Given Up. His guitar was in the wrong tuning for that song, which is why it sounded so bad and he didn't play the whole song.

-For the first time since the live-in-studio performances in March of 2007 (Sessions@AOL, etc.), Brad used a Fernandes Dragonfly guitar on No More Sorrow. Normally he uses a modified PRS on that song.

-Chester once again screwed up the ending to No More Sorrow, he repeated the chorus again instead of singing the outro (he's done that quite a few times on this touring cycle).

-Not sure what was up with Mike's microphone during Numb, but he was laughing about it constantly while his tech was trying to fix it. Either the microphone stand broke, or they forgot to set up the other mic for The Radiance prior to Numb, so they had to do it during the song.

-Something was up with Chester during the middle part of this show, he was visibly in some discomfort during Numb, pulling away from the microphone without finishing lines and stuff like that, then he actually walked off stage during the last chorus of Breaking the Habit (which I'm positive is why the acapella outro wasn't performed). He seemed to get better after that though.

-Fallout wasn't "dropped," it was aborted. Check out the intro to The Catalyst, the droning keyboard note at the beginning goes on for a good 30 seconds before the song starts, and you can hear Mike go "alright then..." at one point. Looks like his vocoder crapped out on him once again. The timing on the intro of The Catalyst was also off for the first few bars.

-Chester almost wiped out AFTER the show! At one point while he was throwing stuff to the crowd, he jumped up on one of the platforms, and it must have had some water on it or something, because he slipped, flailed in mid-air for a second, and thankfully landed on his feet. I was expecting a Melbourne '07 repeat for a second there!

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother reading most of the responses to this thread. Without even looking, I know most of them consist of copious amounts of unwarranted bitching. Sure, that was an underwhelmingly average performance, and it sounded like they pretty much phoned it in, but I can pretty much guarantee most people's criticism won't be anywhere near that constructive. "OMG NO NEW SETLIST LP SUX DEY DON'T CARE ABOUT DA FANS NO MORE." - I'd be surprised if someone hasn't posted something to that effect already.

Epic post there. I actually said at one point in the skype chat. I enjoyed the show. I couldnt give a shit about what set they played or what-not. Its just good to be able to see them live, even tho it was from the other side of the world.

As one of the attendees at the Weenie Roast Concert 2011, I have the following things to say:

1) Rise Against did great.

2) Foo Fighters was an awesome surprise guest.

3) Linkin Park turned out terrible.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Linkin Park, and I own all of the albums. I've been to 2 of Linkin Park's concerts before, and they were absolutely, unarguably superb. But, this time, the sound quality was unbearable. I don't know who messed it up, but the microphone was too soft, and occasionally cut in and out. The guitar was suddenly loud and soft, randomly. It was a nightmare, and I went to Weenie Roast specifically for Linkin Park. Lots of other people left early for the same reasons that I did. I'm still a fan of Linkin Park, but I'm just very disappointed today.

Thanks for the download link, Astat!

Well, I cannot say I didn't expect it, but there has always been a minimal hope that they would change something up. Yeah, I know this was the first show of the tour, they had to cut their set etc. etc. , but I don't see them changing things up for Europe as well.

Hm, the mix sounded kinda weird and the band didn't seem to be that much into the whole show. I can imagine they were pretty pissed that Foo Fighters were playing a surprise set right before them which I don't mind at all. Need to see their and Rise Against's performance as soon as possible.

Looking forward to the next show though. It's great to see them back on stage :)

/edit: Oh, I forgot. The APFMH screams might be the best he's done on this tour so far.

Chester said like... 'for everybody still here stand up' or something close to this. I also thought he was annoyed a little or something.

Yeah, I would have been pissed if I was the Headliner and somebody came and threw shit in my face. See Grohl's comment about not knowing how to play instruments. Chester was very quiet in the M&G, the other guys were up but Chester was just chillin in the corner... His "Thank you Foo Fighters for the surprise" was hilarious since there was a hint of sarcasm there.

Oh and Brad's guitar took 10-15 seconds to kick in on Numb too. I thought it was a new stripped version. Also, did anybody pick up on Mike's higher pitch for the first 5-6 songs. He sounded like a damn chipmunk on WTCFM. Vocoder might have been fucked up at that point or somebody left it on.

Crowed was at 80% 5 songs in and at 50% capacity going into WJL encore intro which pissed Chester off even more and "for everybody still here stand up" followed.

Sloppy but nothing beats OSC and APFMH over BIO.

Let me get this straight? Linkin Park kinda failed on this concert right?

As is wrote before.. (Includes the stuff from user "Astat"

- Mikes guitar wasn't tuned right on Given Up

- Mikes mic stand broke before/durring Numb

- Chester messed up the lyrics on No More Sorrow

- Maybe Mikes vocoder broke on Fallout? Maybe?

- I am pretty sure that Mike hit the wrong key on the Synthorgan-donno-how-to-call-it sound at the beginng of Catalyst

- Rob joined to late on The Catalyst

- Joe messed up the "synthsolo" in The Catalyst

- Maybe I am wrong but I think the Waves Metaflanger settings were different in comparison to the other concerts

- Brad played the chorus chords in the beginning of New Divide???? It sounded different (I'm NOT a guitarist)

Edited by maatze

just FYI, rob didn't mess up the intro of "the catalyst." i was at the show and i saw him come in on time, but there were technical difficulties and his pads were muted until the sound came in. it threw joe off, though, lol.

btw, THE SHOW WAS FUCKING AWESOME. HOLY SHIT. i don't give a fuck about the shortened setlist or anything, but LP FUCKING TORE IT UP. all the people who think foo fighters were better than LP, i have to disagree. take it from someone who was actually at the show, lol.

Edited by parth196

- Rob joined to late on The Catalyst

- Maybe I am wrong but I think the Waves Metaflanger settings were different in comparison to the other concerts

- Brad played the chorus chords in the beginning of New Divide???? It sounded different (I'm NOT a guitarist)

-Rob actually came in and was playing on the off beat, which threw Mike off, It was corrected when Joe came in.

-There basically was no Metaflanger in this. If its there, its barely noticeable unlike other shows.

-Brad was playing the correct part. Its just mixed real high so it made it sound off.

I understand why linkin park didnt like the foo's to show up...but hey they did play before them not after them...shouldnt linkin park be al little bit honoured? foo fighters is just is big as linkin park is, maybe even bigger?

I have to say that at first I was a bit disappointed at the perfomance and the setlist. I was sad that there weren't songs like Wretches And Kings and The Messenger But when I read later that they had to do an abbreviated setlist due to the Foo Fighters I felt better. I have nothing against Foo Fighters but if I was there waiting for LP to come on stage and suddenly a surprise band comes on and plays for another hour which leads LP to play a shortened setlist, then I would be pissed off. Also I know that LP is making videos black & white now but I didn't like when LP came to the stage and the colors went from normal to black & white. Maybe so many things went bad because of the lack of time and therefore they couldn't do a right soundcheck and other preparations. But I liked when Chester and Mike jumped to the crowd and I also liked how enthusiastic Mike was. At one point before The Catalyst when the droning keyboard note was played, I heard Mike saying "I'm ready" and then the song started. The show was good but I hope the next ones will be better.

All I ever see in these threads is complaints. If you buy a ticket and are not satisfied then you have every right to complain....This show was broadcast to you FOR FREE.

Also, sure there were some technical hitches and what not but the performance wasn't abysmal. I'm sure they'll get back in to the swing of things soon.

Also, if you don't want to be disappointed then don't demand changes to the setlist and then complain when they aren't done.

Astat seems like one of the few who has sense around here!