04.06.2011 - Irvine, CA - KROQ Weenie Roast

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you guys complaining about boring setlists were expecting waaaaay too much from this. It was a festival show! They're not going to play oldies here and alienate the crowd. Personally, I thought it was a solid show for what it's worth. Some great moments and some not so great, but even Linkin Park can't be perfect 100% of the time.

bad ass show with the foo fighters lol yeah i know your gunna start bitching lol

thanks KROQ for a sick ass show :D

oh and nice one Mark for the skype chat, next time IRC lol

Skype was awesome. We've never had that many in IRC. Easier for people to set up Skype I think. That went pretty well. We had a LOT of people. 50+?

Skype chat really made it fun.

Best part about it i think.

I dont think ive heard someone say Robot Boy as much as Hawk just did.

Hahaha. We should break it to him, they actually played it before the show as a special treat :)

yeah skype was pretty cool tho even tho i had like 3/4 of my screen taken by the damn keyboard lol

you could use one of the java one's and place it on the site somewhere, just a thought

man everyone was going nuts for FF to get off the stage and then Dave taking a shot, but Chester at least said thanks but it looked like he didnt care much lol

in anycase good show the audio was a bit touch and go but should be cleaned up for dsp, MAN i need sleep lol

EDIT 07:37 uk time

it said when they got off courtesy of Warner/ the collective :blink:

Edited by heartagram_616

Thanks so much Mark! The skype chat made this show for me!! I think I bitched enough in the chat so I won't add it here.

Edit: But I will say that showing the webcast in Black and White was a crap choice!

Edited by Numbrocker

well, it was a good show, LP kicked it live but i will say i was looking forward to rise against more. Im a biggger LP fan than rise against but ive never seen any live performance of rise against so that was the highlight for me (although give it all sounded awful.) As for Linkin Park, they played well and im not surprised they didnt do anything special, i mean it was their first show back and just the Weenie Roast, i figured they would do nothing special (even though i was secretly hoping for With You at the End). There were mistakes but that was understandable, and also Pheonix must not like cameras, lol. Foo Fighters were also awesome

Excellent show!

They had some people complaining about the voice of Chester, but One Step Closer and BIO/APFMH silenced them.

Some said they cut songs to save the voice of Chester: Wrong! Cut because of the Foo Fighters!

And please!

Someone recorded the show?

I think the Band need a new Challenge. Why they can't change for one time their Setlist with fresh Songs that they never played for a long time. Is that so difficult ? Chester Voice was amazing but the Set was boring and it felt short for me. They should beginning like they did in 2008 and they should more speak to the fans. With that Voice tonight they could song every song from the past.

This dissapointed, I had enough from this setlist's I want to back With you, Little things, Figure 0.9 and many more. I hope that for the PR.

So I go back to bed again, good night.

It's because he looks like his 2001 self, minus the blue dye!

Yeah, it will be it. ;D This is biggest worldwide topic since ATS release - Mike's hair.

And people start leaving not knowing that they will do an encore!!! amateurs LOL

Amateurs, famously said, amused me. But it's true. Strange audience and a weak crowd.

I've never here criticize anything, but this show makes me do it. The webcast was terrible! Yeah, I should be glad that it was, but... that kind? LP errors can apologize by: first show after the break and probably not own hinterland.

But the webcast. The sound. Terror. But it was not a LP mistake.

Otherwise, Chester great screaming go away part of APFMH. And heavier guitar at Jornada del Muerto was amazing.

I think most of you have been spoiled. Most artists play the same setlist for all shows... You guys can't always expect more from them. Their shows aren't intended for people to download every single DSP & youtube every concert... and frankly, the majority of their fans don't do that. Just stop complaining about the setlist -______-

Actually I did want to say more. lol Did Chester seemed pissed off to anyone else? I think that he did, but despite that he was going OFF!!! So many screams and just a terrific vocal from Chester (fuck his stupid mic).

Chester + skype chat made this worth some the pain of the lagging video.

Plus Rise Against was amazing!!! New fan here!

Woot LP trending worldwide! http://yfrog.com/h4aqh9j