ATS: 6 Track Sampler review

Yass

Holy hotcakes!

I just gained like 10lbs of pure 100% excitement :)

EDIT: August is gonna be a fuckin epic month! We'll get The Catalyst and we should get tracklisting, album art, bonus cd info, catalyst music video, maybe more previews/early reviews and maybe even a leak or two!

Edited by andydlp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the August 2nd, I will listen One Step Closer, Crawling, Papercut, In The End, Pts. of Athrty, Somewhere I Belong, Faint, Numb, From The Inside, Breaking The Habit, Numb/Encore, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Shadow Of The Day, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest...and of course The Catalyst :)

Hmm, generally I'm very excited for this record. And I don't even want anything we've heard before, so I'm open for a change in style, I'd like some electronic influences. But reading these reviews I don't really know what to think...

No guitar is heard before the third minute. Chester repeats many times, "I'm losing what I do not deserve".

That reminds me of TLTGYA, Linkin Park was/is very proud of that song and announced it as the most complex work they've done or something like that. And in the end... it was just boring (in my opinion). Still, a good song, but nothing I would/could listen to over and over again.

So I'm wondering if this album will be 'catchy' enough, hmm. But one can't judge by just reading a review of half of the album^^

In the August 2nd, I will listen One Step Closer, Crawling, Papercut, In The End, Pts. of Athrty, Somewhere I Belong, Faint, Numb, From The Inside, Breaking The Habit, Numb/Encore, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Shadow Of The Day, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest...and of course The Catalyst :)

maybe another message will be revealed through the songs lol. Don't be fooled, Mike has been planning on fucking with us for ten years now :lol:

I got so excited that I turned off the music and went off skype just to concentrate and read the whole thing properly.I'm so damn excited!It's like I can almost hear the songs in my head but not really lol.Thank god The Catalyst is coming soon cause I can't wait to hear some of the new material!

There are some things about this that confirmed my worst fears and then some things which got me excited and made me still have hope for the album. Hearing about a guitar solo at the end of a song is awesome. Also, hearing that the other 6 tracks (which I guess no one has heard yet) are most likely going to be more Rock oriented is a sign of hope for me.

3) Untitled [4'00 "]

A guitar and a piano introduces the third piece. The singing of Mike Shinoda on the verse is pretty amazing, almost ragga! The chorus is not really identifiable with the first listen. The track runs itself without real structure. Linkin Park abandons the traditional verse / chorus. Note that for the first time in the discography of Linkin Park, Brad Delson up a guitar solo on the end of the song.

i think this will easily be the best song. Brad solo's.... and look what it says... Mike SINGING??!!

and TLTGYA is NOT a boring track. its one of their best tracks they have ever written and is not mainstream

I read the review two times and my opinion is:

This new album could be the Best Album or the Worst Album. Why ? Because, the band after 10 years make a big change, MTM was a change but in the end Linkin Park was Linkin Park, the songs had his structure like HT or Meteora...

HT and Meteora had the strong of the Soldier and MTM had the sweetness of the Wings of the Butterfly (hopefully understand my metaphor) with great touchs of strongness... but this new album A Thousand Suns will have all together with the big difference, they will leave his awesome structure that give them millions of fans around the world, maybe this new album is the really change of the Band, MTM just was a test and now they are really ready to step forward...

The lyrics will change, the structure and the sound will change in a perfect mix between the first years of LP and the last years of LP with his MTM...

Now is the moment for the fans, we need a change too, but i think big part of the fans needs just screams and strong riffs all the time.... I think the mix on this album may change their minds

I read the review two times and my opinion is:

This new album could be the Best Album or the Worst Album. Why ? Because, the band after 10 years make a big change, MTM was a change but in the end Linkin Park was Linkin Park, the songs had his structure like HT or Meteora...

HT and Meteora had the strong of the Soldier and MTM had the sweetness of the Wings of the Butterfly (hopefully understand my metaphor) with great touchs of strongness... but this new album A Thousand Suns will have all together with the big difference, they will leave his awesome structure that give them millions of fans around the world, maybe this new album is the really change of the Band, MTM just was a test and now they are really ready to step forward...

The lyrics will change, the structure and the sound will change in a perfect mix between the first years of LP and the last years of LP with his MTM...

Now is the moment for the fans, we need a change too, but i think big part of the fans needs just screams and strong riffs all the time.... I think the mix on this album may change their minds

I agree with you :) awesome :) is time to open our minds to new sounds, and not stagnate 10 years ago, evolve with them

I'll post what I said on LPA:

This album isn't going to sound anything like anything LP has done before, or a combination of anything they've done before. That's a given.

So don't get excited or disappointed if you think these descriptions sound like a past song or album.