ATS: 6 Track Sampler review

Yass

Lol i have plenty of music to keep me entertained until the album drops, but The Catalyst will be on HEAVY rotation when its released. The information given on the 6 tracks sounds promising enough that the band has explored more regions of sound. Ive been listening to a lot of radio friendly music this past month or two, i want to get out of that bind and listen to the music thats not meant for radio! Referring to the album title forming from lyrics of The Catalyst is pretty cool. The Catalyst already sounds totally different from a generic Linkin Park title, and the stems are ok them selves. But id rather listen to the track in full. But still i am wondering about what B-Sides it could have. Like were there similar or different from the albums sound/s? Also still LPU10 this year! Big LP year ahead of us :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they meant that is the first time in LP Discography that Brad play solo at the end of a song not the first time he does a guitar solo.

You just saved us from Legend raining down legendary fire upon us all. :o

First person that can read correctly. I would have hated to p00n everyone in this thread. You saved me from a bunch of bitchings!

NP!!!

You just saved us from Legend raining down legendary fire upon us all. :o

Really? I'd love to see some legendary fire upon someone. He did it too well with "Safe"Silent

do you think that these songs are in the same order like they will be on the final album?

i hope not, because i don't want the album to be 6 experimental electro songs and then 6 rock songs, i want them to mix them a bit up in the final song order^^

I think LP just randomly picked up 6 songs and put them on the CD which was give to the reviewers . To put all the "electro" songs on a side and all the rock songs on the other side of ATS would not be a good idea I guess, it would be like you listened to 2 different albums on the same CD.

I think LP just randomly picked up 6 songs and put them on the CD which was give to the reviewers . To put all the "electro" songs on a side and all the rock songs on the other side of ATS would not be a good idea I guess, it would be like you listened to 2 different albums on the same CD.

I think that's a great idea. Dave did that with a Foo CD. Rock songs on one CD, acoustic/softer songs on the other CD. If ATS had two CDs (I wish), I'd love it if one was electro and one was rock.

I think that's a great idea. Dave did that with a Foo CD. Rock songs on one CD, acoustic/softer songs on the other CD. If ATS had two CDs (I wish), I'd love it if one was electro and one was rock.

I Agree with you, will be great. Would be a crucial factor in this new change of Linkin Park, ATS will break the structure in the Sound of the band and the structure of the Discography too...

Thanks for the review!

But I swear right now with the administration of bazinga!, 'cause they translated "ragga" as "Reggae" in their translation :) lol :)

ragga is a sub-genre of reggae. It makes sense

and I really doubt there will be six big rock songs and 6 six prog/electro songs. It says guitar driven...it could be acoustic, it could be like the Monster ringtone "Bradyo", but it wouldn't make sense for LP to do so much experimenting and end up with "rock" songs. It makes the album sound like bullshit if half of it is "genre-busting" and the other half is something a million rock bands have done before....

I think they'll mix the 6 rock style songs with the 6 electro style songs into a tracklist for the actual CD...I mean the songs don't even have final titles yet.

I think they probably do have final titles but they're not being publicized.

I think they probably do have final titles but they're not being publicized.

Most likely true...but I remember an article around the time MTM was getting released and the band didn't know whether LOATR would be called LOATR or When My Time Comes. I think the second track on the CD will be the heaviest since they always do that (One Step Closer, Don't Stay, Given Up).

and I really doubt there will be six big rock songs and 6 six prog/electro songs. It says guitar driven...it could be acoustic, it could be like the Monster ringtone "Bradyo", but it wouldn't make sense for LP to do so much experimenting and end up with "rock" songs. It makes the album sound like bullshit if half of it is "genre-busting" and the other half is something a million rock bands have done before....

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say since I read this topic... I just didn't have the right words for it lol

This album isn't going to be divided into the experimental side and the rock side, they've been saying this whole time that ATS is going to have one consistent sound.

Don't read too into things.

This exactly. I couldn't have said it better.

Well LP is still going to keep elements that everyone knows them for, they have stated this numerous times. I think there will be screaming on some tracks, and maybe some heavy guitar tracks on others. I don't think the whole album will be electronic and experimental.

Well LP is still going to keep elements that everyone knows them for, they have stated this numerous times. I think there will be screaming on some tracks, and maybe some heavy guitar tracks on others. I don't think the whole album will be electronic and experimental.

I agree...but don't forget a track can be experimental and heavy at the same time. Yes, I think the album will have a consistent sound, will be experimental from beginning to the end, but probably with some heavier tracks. That 's what I was refering to when I was talking about "rock" songs and "electro" songs...

Edited by Qwerty18