ATS: 6 Track Sampler review

Yass

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweeted by @m_shinoda for those who aren't already following

*Who said there were 12, anyway? I didn't. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

*saw description of 6 of our new songs online. it said "other 6 are hard rock." ha. nobody has heard anything but the first 6. #athousandsuns about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Edited by Wayne2kx

Someone in LP said this album will have less songs than previous releases. So less than 12 maybe? And this really bummed me out...I hope the entire album isn't experimental electronic songs...I wanted at least one rock song...

Most likely true...but I remember an article around the time MTM was getting released and the band didn't know whether LOATR would be called LOATR or When My Time Comes. I think the second track on the CD will be the heaviest since they always do that (One Step Closer, Don't Stay, Given Up).

i never noticed before that the 2nd song is always the heaviest. But osc, ds, and gu are the heaviest from the albums and are all the 2nd song. that's cool. anyways... this album is going to be amazing. going to blow mtm out of the water. i can't wait for it, and i hope there is screaming on it. My prediction- A Thousand Suns will be the best linkin park album ever!

So if I added it correctly, those 6 tracks equal about 26-27 minutes. That means there are 9 tracks that take up only 19 minutes? According to that article, I forget which one, the album is set to be 45 minutes.

How many actual songs will there be?

There is no way this album is 45 minutes. Just because Phoenix threw out the 45 minute length doesn't mean anything. He was estimating, it's not like he has the exact time memorized.

I guarantee you the album is longer than 45 minutes.

since Mike said 45-50 minutes, let's hope it's more around 50. I'm still confused though...so there's either some majorly short tracks that aren't exactly songs like Say Anything's 2nd LP, or some tracks aren't anything but talking

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna bump this just for the sake of hindsight being 20/20, and point out which songs it turns out they were talking about:

1. Blackout

2. Wretches and Kings

3. Waiting For the End

4. Robot Boy

5. Burning in the Skies

6. The Catalyst

I know a lot of people (myself included) took it for granted that they were referring to Iridescent with the 3rd track, because of the LPTV episode referring to a guitar solo in that song, but it turns out what I originally thought was a synth solo on Waiting For the End is actually a Brad guitar solo (albeit a very simple one) played with a pitch-shifter. The 4th track has the most vague description, and the same could really be said about Iridescent, except Iridescent has an identifiable chorus, and the length is closer to that of Robot Boy. I also find the description of Burning in the Skies quite funny, as there is clearly guitar throughout that entire song, yet they say there isn't any until 3 minutes into it.

I also have to laugh at the initial report of there being "6 other tracks that are more rock-oriented." There turned out to be 9 more tracks, and I wouldn't call any of them "rock" tracks other than Iridescent.

I'm gonna bump this just for the sake of hindsight being 20/20, and point out which songs it turns out they were talking about:

1. Blackout

2. Wretches and Kings

3. Waiting For the End

4. Robot Boy

5. Burning in the Skies

6. The Catalyst

I know a lot of people (myself included) took it for granted that they were referring to Iridescent with the 3rd track, because of the LPTV episode referring to a guitar solo in that song, but it turns out what I originally thought was a synth solo on Waiting For the End is actually a Brad guitar solo (albeit a very simple one) played with a pitch-shifter. The 4th track has the most vague description, and the same could really be said about Iridescent, except Iridescent has an identifiable chorus, and the length is closer to that of Robot Boy. I also find the description of Burning in the Skies quite funny, as there is clearly guitar throughout that entire song, yet they say there isn't any until 3 minutes into it.

I also have to laugh at the initial report of there being "6 other tracks that are more rock-oriented." There turned out to be 9 more tracks, and I wouldn't call any of them "rock" tracks other than Iridescent.

I saw this Bumped and then wondered what tracks ended up being what.

I knew the first was Blackout from the first line (Drum intro lala)

Also where it says Brads Guitar solo is defiantly Waiting for the End. Its a very Tom Morello inspired (just not as wacky) solo.

Also LOL at The thinking Burning in the Skies could be called "What I Do not Deserve" first good if they got the lyrics right (Don't, not, Do not)

Quite cool when you look back on this now.

I saw this Bumped and then wondered what tracks ended up being what.

I knew the first was Blackout from the first line (Drum intro lala)

Also where it says Brads Guitar solo is defiantly Waiting for the End. Its a very Tom Morello inspired (just not as wacky) solo.

Also LOL at The thinking Burning in the Skies could be called "What I Do not Deserve" first good if they got the lyrics right (Don't, not, Do not)

Quite cool when you look back on this now.

Burning In The Skies demo was called 'The Fog' according to the DVD.