Not Alone - Official Music Video

lerkid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, in general I would say the death of a celebrity is not the same as the death of thousands of poor people. Besides, I think wearing sunglasses at funerals is kinda disrespectful as wearing caps or something.

But I don't think that's why he's wearing sunglasses - I mean, he's also singin into a LP-microphone, that can also be associated with funerals or something^^

Really? because when a close friend of mine died, their whole family wore glasses to hide their pain. Fail.

But I don't think that's why he's wearing sunglasses - I mean, he's also singin into a LP-microphone, that can also be associated with funerals or something^^

Lol..It's not an LP Mic...It's a brand they use called "Audio-Technica".

They do look similar though..

Lol..It's not an LP Mic...It's a brand they use called "Audio-Technica".

They do look similar though..

Damned okay but still, what's the mic for... nah I'm just tired of trying to defense myself. I don't quite like it because of the sunglasses as I didn't like the song because the power in chesters voice.

If you like it, good for you, really! (No sarcasm!)

Wearing sunglasses are not only associated with rockstar-fame and looking cool for a music video.

It can also be associated with funerals, hiding your eyes filled with pain...

Agree...

One more thing, have a lights in his back...

And, maybe that clothes means that the new look of the band for the new album...

Agree...

One more thing, have a lights in his back...

And, maybe that clothes means that the new look of the band for the new album...

that scene are so familiar to me, i remember chester using something similar in a what i've done performance in 2007 in some tv show

Chester looks like Bono from U2. Moves and looks are very identical ;-)

Yes. Right on the money, first thing I thought about when I saw him in the shades. Which people, really is it that big of a deal? If this was indeed U2 (I'm surprised there not all over this situation), no one would be saying anything because Bono always wears shades. There's no problem with it. I understand a bit though, I kinda was taken back by it for a minute considering the first part of the video only has Chaz singing in the booth but the shots are A+ and I don't think the shades are meant to be disrespectful in any way. Chester is known for wearing shades, especially in some music videos, and while this is still definitely a non-profit thing for a great cause, it's still a band showing an image of a song that is an official release. And I have definitely seen sunglasses at a funeral - that's not disrespectful, some people aren't very comfortable showing their emotions at a time.

The video is A+ material and while I thought it was a solid song when I first heard it, this video certainly opened my eyes on it more. I don't think I want to see it in a live set (unless for MFR related event obviously) but it's one of there better slower songs they have released.

Just watch the video and. . . yeah. Chester ruins everything with that glasses.

And I think this is an "emergency" video. The just put up some scenes from some Haiti videos, few LPTV episodes, and could be a cut part from the latest episode.

wow this video is so awesome! It almost made me cry. And I like Chester wearing sunglasses, it suits him.

sorry guys for the off, but I've just found a live proshot video about DBS in Hamburg, they play My Suffering, you can watch the video here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.tv/misc/dead_by...ering_live.html

Is there anyone who can rip the video? It is so nice :)

I think I'd pass out in shock if someone on these forums didn't complain about SOMETHING LP does. I mean glasses, really.

This should be about how much the people in Haiti need our help. We should be talking about trying to spread the word about this because it's really a great idea to "download and donate".

Great job to LP on the video.

i think what you people are missing is that its the seriousness of the theme that gets taken away by the sunglasses.

smh.

I think I'd pass out in shock if someone on these forums didn't complain about SOMETHING LP does. I mean glasses, really.

This should be about how much the people in Haiti need our help. We should be talking about trying to spread the word about this because it's really a great idea to "download and donate".

Great job to LP on the video.

dont even sit there and say that im sure you have complained something LP does. Everyone has at one point.

Cool to see a video of it, but the parts when we can see the arms of dead guys are just not for me. I mean, I know it shows us the reality, but fuck, I have always been thinking that showing dead people with the intention of making somebody feeling sad is a little bit disrespectful. Would you like that someone was making a footage with photos of you being death? No, and I bet the Haitians in this video wouldnt have liked it either. Really, I'm not into those kinds of things. On the other side, LP made this video only for a good cause, I'm not going to complain too much.

Cool to see a video of it, but the parts when we can see the arms of dead guys are just not for me. I mean, I know it shows us the reality, but fuck, I have always been thinking that showing dead people with the intention of making somebody feeling sad is a little bit disrespectful. Would you like that someone was making a footage with photos of you being death? No, and I bet the Haitians in this video wouldnt have liked it either. Really, I'm not into those kinds of things. On the other side, LP made this video only for a good cause, I'm not going to complain too much.

You just did

Video is way better than the song itself.

Great video, great song, great cause.

lol @ sunglasses hating...

I paid pretty close attention to this when it was going on, one of my friends went down with the FDNY search and rescue team, so I was interested in what was going on. That team made quite a few saves in the time that they were down there.