Not Alone - Official Music Video

lerkid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. I loved the video, one of their best since the MTM era began.

Things of interest-

So Phoenix plays guitar in the song

Its not a drum machine, Rob is playing drums

Wrong. None of that studio footage is from them recording the song other than Chester doing the vocals and the shots of the band around the computer and stuff. The clip of Rob playing drums looks like it's reused from the Making of New Divide video, and the shot of Phoenix playing guitar doesn't even come remotely close to matching up with the guitar part in the song.

The entire instrumental portion of the song is probably 3 years old, maybe more, so why would there be 2010 studio footage of the band playing the instrumental parts?

So the video has sex with other videos of the same gender or the song has sex with other songs of the same gender? great use of words

Well, if you want to be technical about it....

Homesexual Video. Homosexual Song.

I still don't like it.

-Seth

Well, if you want to be technical about it....

Homesexual Video. Homosexual Song.

I still don't like it.

-Seth

lol I get what you mean :P

it's just that I cant see why you call it gay..

George Michael is gay. Rob Halford is gay.

Music is not gay :P

Edited by VavourasLP

lol I get what you mean :P

it's just that I cant see why you call it gay..

George Michael is gay. Rob Halford is gay.

Music is not gay :P

How could you forget Elton John? heh

back to topic - Really good video! kinda came unexpected but supports what mike said earlier, they release alot of things in between :D

Edited by Tomer

it's non-sense for me, completely inappropriate.

he's a rockstar, nothing else to say, lol.

Who told chester to wear sunglasses?

This kinda destoyed the sadness of the song / rest of the video...

But over all it's a nice video.

I would have rathered Chester w/o the sunglasses...to me it takes a little of the seriousness away. Just my opinion but I still think its a great video.

I seems like they did the shot of Chester with the sunglasses in an attempt to make it look like a music video instead of just Haiti footage/recording footage.

Very unnecessary but not a horrible thing either.

Wearing sunglasses are not only associated with rockstar-fame and looking cool for a music video.

It can also be associated with funerals, hiding your eyes filled with pain...

what a great video :) Very simple, but very effective. I'd say one of the best videos of LP.

sometimes simple equals quality.

I think we need to get this video out there, so people can see the dedication that LP are giving to Haiti.

Edited by nike724

Good video, shows not only what happened down there, but LP doing their part, by putting this song together (even if using old footage at times).

I kind of agree about the sunglasses; I was kind of chuckling when I saw those shots of Chester. If they wanted to break out of the monotony of the studio stuff, they could have had him singing in front of some of the Haiti shots.

Oh well, nice effort, just the same.

Wearing sunglasses are not only associated with rockstar-fame and looking cool for a music video.

It can also be associated with funerals, hiding your eyes filled with pain...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen someone wearing sunnglasses at a funeral - unless you're blind or the sun is shining...

If you write a song about loss, pain, fear and sadness, you should show it on a music video, and not hide it.

Wrong. None of that studio footage is from them recording the song other than Chester doing the vocals and the shots of the band around the computer and stuff. The clip of Rob playing drums looks like it's reused from the Making of New Divide video, and the shot of Phoenix playing guitar doesn't even come remotely close to matching up with the guitar part in the song.

The entire instrumental portion of the song is probably 3 years old, maybe more, so why would there be 2010 studio footage of the band playing the instrumental parts?

it also shows Joe using a smapler when it's a keyboard part done by mike. Joe's contribution would have been the drumbeat and the scratchs.

I was happy to see Joe finally tho as I was worried he'd disappeared after having very little part of the creation process shown on MTM

.....to the point he moaned "my parts were turned down" only to be "had a go" (i use this lightly as it's more of.....we don't know why "his part were turned down") at by mike/brad "everyone had a say, he could have told us but he didn'tlike something"

Need more Joe.......MORE JOE HAHN!

and i think the sunglasses were a touch "ooooo did you really just do that?". They could of had performance shots simular to the let down video.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen someone wearing sunnglasses at a funeral - unless you're blind or the sun is shining...

If you write a song about loss, pain, fear and sadness, you should show it on a music video, and not hide it.

People worth sunglasses at The Rev's funeral.........so.

it also shows Joe using a smapler when it's a keyboard part done by mike. Joe's contribution would have been the drumbeat and the scratchs.

I was happy to see Joe finally tho as I was worried he'd disappeared after having very little part of the creation process shown on MTM

.....to the point he moaned "my parts were turned down" only to be "had a go" (i use this lightly as it's more of.....we don't know why "his part were turned down") at by mike/brad "everyone had a say, he could have told us but he didn'tlike something"

Need more Joe.......MORE JOE HAHN!

and i think the sunglasses were a touch "ooooo did you really just do that?". They could of had performance shots simular to the let down video.

im pretty sure we'll see more of Joe on the new album!!

People worth sunglasses at The Rev's funeral.........so.

Okay, in general I would say the death of a celebrity is not the same as the death of thousands of poor people. Besides, I think wearing sunglasses at funerals is kinda disrespectful as wearing caps or something.

But I don't think that's why he's wearing sunglasses - I mean, he's also singin into a LP-microphone, that can also be associated with funerals or something^^

Edited by Jacrid

In the clip as said above a lot of money not spent. Mark just took off after rushing, and now mounted clip Not Alone. I did not think that the clip will be but as the current began to watch and represented him since. Only minus when Chester sings like under the spotlights in his glasses - it is really disappointing. Could leave and in the studio but it would be better if they did the sad faces.