Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

It only took 2 listens to fall in love with it. It's actually giving me slight ''What Are You Worth'' Vibes, especially in the instrumental, but with Chester on vocals instead. It has the really big wall of sound approach that WAYW also has. I hate that they cut both of those songs because OML could have used some louder Anthem like tracks to add variety to the overall pop sound. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Announce a Greatest Hits collection - people remember what the band was and sounded like.

2. Insert a never-released song there from the last album cycle.
3. Promote it everywhere, generates a lot of attention (Lost-like).

4. Beautiful homage to put an "ending" in the old era.

5. Release a brand new song, promoting the start of a new era. Single out everywhere.
6. "Mike Shinoda and Friends" was all along a placeholder for Linkin Park coming back.

18 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

FF sounds amazing!! It’s track number 20 so that raises the question…what’s 14? Another unreleased song from OML or another session? Or possibly a brand new song?

Id bet if it's another unreleased song it would be from another era. I'm guessing something from MTM

6 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

Does anyone have the list of songs ?

Here's the list of all the songs (currently known):
1. Crawling
2. Faint
3. Numb/Encore
4. Papercut
5. Breaking The Habit
6. In The End
7. Bleed It Out
8. Somewhere I Belong
9. Waiting For The End
10. Castle Of Glass
11. One More Light
12. Burn It Down
13. What I’ve Done
14. ???
15. One Step Closer
16. New Divide
17. Leave Out All The Rest
18. Lost
19. Numb
20. Friendly Fire

Edited by NJPLP

What I should do: manage expectations, Track 14 is probably just another demo they want to save for later in order to extend the marketing campaign of the GH.

What I will do: obsessing over the thought it might be an actually new track from the band.

6 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

Does anyone have the list of songs ?

1. Crawling

2. Faint

3. Numb/Encore

4. Papercut

5. Breaking the Habit

6. In The End

7. Bleed It Out

8. Somewhere I Belong

9. Waiting for the End

10. CASTLE OF GLASS

11. One More Light

12. BURN IT DOWN

13. What I’ve Done

15. One Step Closer

16. New Divide

17. Leave Out All the Rest

18. Lost

19. Numb

20. Friendly Fire

3 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

What I should do: manage expectations, Track 14 is probably just another demo they want to save for later in order to extend the marketing campaign of the GH.

What I will do: obsessing over the thought it might be an actually new track from the band.

Same lol 

4 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Here's the list of all the songs (currently known):
1. Crawling
2. Faint
3. Numb/Encore
4. Papercut
5. Breaking The Habit
6. In The End
7. Bleed It Out
8. Somewhere I Belong
9. Waiting For The End
10. Castle Of Glass
11. One More Light
12. Burn It Down
13. What I’ve Done
14. ???
15. One Step Closer
16. New Divide
17. Leave Out All The Rest
18. Lost
19. Numb
20. Friendly Fire

Thx.

now we will all be curious about this 14 track.
Will there be another demo???

3 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

This! Exactly this.

It's actually making me cry out of excitement just thinking about it.

But we must keep expectations low ofcourse.

8 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

I don't think it's something new for the band (the 5 guys)
It's a delicate topic to discuss, but I don't see the band Linkin Park doing anything new. I think the band will maintain these lines of demo releases, box sets, etc...

LP has MANY materialS to release for many, many years. 
and I am satisfied with these releases.
I hope the band can also take some shows out of the vault to share with fans on audio and video from 2000-2017.

Band members, management and label are fully aware that leaving this blank space in the 14th track would create some mayhem in the hardcore fanbase.
Do they have something to live up to the hype they are creating?

The artwork in all of this feels so amateur it doesn't indicate anything big coming up.
But we already have the confirmation of Friendly Fire.

Odd stuff.

Edited by vinifeijo

1 minute ago, vinifeijo said:

Band member, management and label are fully aware that leaving this blank space in the 14th track would create some mayhem in the hardcore fanbase.
Do they have something to live up to the hype they are creating?

The artwork in all of this feels so amateur it doesn't indicate anything big coming up.
But we already have the confirmation of Friendly Fire.

Odd stuff.

That's exactly my line of thought. It feels too deliberate.

I mean, i can see why people would want a new LP track in here.

Not me, its a hill ill die on that LP needs chester for it to be LP. We have a vast archive of Bsides and unreleased tracks, i would rather those

Friendly Fire sounds great. Sounds perfectly like an OML album track. I’m excited to hear this one. Felt that feeling all over again seeing that instagram post, of when Lost first got announced last year lol

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 2/17/2024 at 5:57 PM, lpliveusername said:

Doesn't really imply anything. The last post could have 4 songs because 19 is an odd number. No matter how you divide it, it's never gonna be the same amount of songs everyday.

Not saying I know for sure it's only gonna be 19 tracks, because I really don't and I do hope people here are right and we'll get two new songs instead of just one. But people should learn how to manage their expectations. As of now, nothing suggests that there are 20 tracks.

Idk what you meant by this, since 20/4 is 5, but looks like I was right. Here's to hoping 14 is another unheard track. From OML alone we've got at least 3 titles that seem plausible

This is great. Sounds better than quite a few OML songs imo - I bet it would have been a standalone single or something in some alternate reality, where Chester didn't lose his battle.

6 minutes ago, Subs said:

I mean, i can see why people would want a new LP track in here.

Not me, its a hill ill die on that LP needs chester for it to be LP. We have a vast archive of Bsides and unreleased tracks, i would rather those

I mentioned above about the band.
they've had material to release for years.

Since the Xero era, bsides with Chester's voice, instrumental demos, audio and video concerts.

All this material and especially the material that has Chester's voice and Chester's image will make the community hype.

1 minute ago, LPsMart said:

This is great. Sounds better than quite a few OML songs imo - I bet it would have been a standalone single or something in some alternate reality, where Chester didn't lose his battle.

Like all the LP albums, OML seems optimized for diversity. You've got the song that's got some Mike raps, the unique acoustic sound of Sharp Edges, the weirdness of Sorry For Now, the "rock" sound of TTM etc. It sounds really great, and I'm betting the reason for keeping it off OML is the same as Lost: it was structurally too similar to stuff like Battle Symphony or Halfway Right. I expect this'll be a great but straightforward Chester song with Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus structure  

I don't think that track 14 will be some demo. It could be a new LP song or something unreleased. There are more finished songs. I hope it's THP song. About FF - I don't like it but this is better release than nothing.

2 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

What a way to put it. Some emotional shit fr Makes me remember that I miss the guy a lot, wishing he was still here to make albums man.

He was a legend, though and we’ve still got all this awesome stuff in the vault which is awesome, like getting brand new songs every time. Hearing Lost felt sort of like a brand new Linkin Park song because they gave it a modern touch, which was a really smart choice on that release and not just throwing the old track itself to the public. It makes me happy knowing we’re getting and will continue to get releases from the band to put out that unheard stuff that’s great.