World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Exactly how I feel man. What in the fuck kind of time is 8am EST? First time I've ever seen a release *not* at 12am on iTunes. Daaaaaaaamn.

It's the first time I've seen a release not at 12 either. Pretty stupid...the LPU should have at least got to stream it at 12? It's just a song, LP really does ruin releases because they build it up so much and then make it suck when everyone thinks the wait is over when it's really not. And listening to the clips ruins the song too.

cant u just wait like 8 more hours and get it then?

and weren't you the one bitching about how you'd be at work when it releases and that you "can't miss it?" can't you just wait until you get out of work and get it then?

Edited by parth196

Hmm, I had assumed the whole time that the 18th was a Tuesday. To me it's just coming a day earlier now :P

Having it in the night time wouldn't have been beneficial anyway. I wouldn't go to sleep and I would be tired tomorrow.

here it's already May 19th (in Spain), I wanna hear the fucking song NOW !xD

I mean... not that I live in Spain, but it's actually not May 19th over there already :rolleyes:

Lol... It switched to May 18th few hours ago actually.

Linkin Park has really fucked up the release of this song, seriously. In all seriousness, the release of this is an absolute joke. I'm not mad about anything since I'm on such a 10 Years high at the moment, but it's just a very very weird situation going on right now regarding the release of New Divide.

The song is supposed to go on iTunes on 5.18. That would mean 12:00am like all other iTunes releases, right? Nope, not when you're Linkin Park. The standard doesn't apply then. Let's build up the anticipation just to let everyone down at 12:00am and tell them it's not coming out until another 14 hours when everyone's not expecting it. Awesome. Well at least we'll have a video to check out, right?

Nope. After all the picture posts on TwitPic and all that fun and jolly business as well as discussion about a video, we won't be getting a video today either. Who the hell knows when that's coming out but it's not today according to the latest post on the LPU Twitter.

"lpunderground - to clear things up, the music video for "new divide" does NOT come out tomorrow, just the song. i'm not sure when it will go live on itunes."

So in recap, noone really knows when it will go on iTunes. We've heard 8am EST from Chester, we've heard 3:45pm EST from some people and we've heard after 3:45pm EST from others. We also have no idea when the video will come out - all we know is it's coming out SOMETIME. You would think the official Linkin Park fanclub would know when the only song from the band from 2009 is coming out. Or you'd think *someone* would let the fans know when the video is coming out.

Once again, the fans are left in the dust. What else is new?

I'm not mad or disappointed at all, it's just that this is turning into quite a clusterfuck of a release that was hyped like hell.

Linkin Park has really fucked up the release of this song, seriously. In all seriousness, the release of this is an absolute joke. I'm not mad about anything since I'm on such a 10 Years high at the moment, but it's just a very very weird situation going on right now regarding the release of New Divide.

The song is supposed to go on iTunes on 5.18. That would mean 12:00am like all other iTunes releases, right? Nope, not when you're Linkin Park. The standard doesn't apply then. Let's build up the anticipation just to let everyone down at 12:00am and tell them it's not coming out until another 14 hours when everyone's not expecting it. Awesome. Well at least we'll have a video to check out, right?

Nope. After all the picture posts on TwitPic and all that fun and jolly business as well as discussion about a video, we won't be getting a video today either. Who the hell knows when that's coming out but it's not today according to the latest post on the LPU Twitter.

"lpunderground - to clear things up, the music video for "new divide" does NOT come out tomorrow, just the song. i'm not sure when it will go live on itunes."

So in recap, noone really knows when it will go on iTunes. We've heard 8am EST from Chester, we've heard 3:45pm EST from some people and we've heard after 3:45pm EST from others. We also have no idea when the video will come out - all we know is it's coming out SOMETIME. You would think the official Linkin Park fanclub would know when the only song from the band from 2009 is coming out. Or you'd think *someone* would let the fans know when the video is coming out.

Once again, the fans are left in the dust. What else is new?

I'm not mad or disappointed at all, it's just that this is turning into quite a clusterfuck of a release that was hyped like hell.

Seems to be The Linkin Park Life story

I honestly cannot believe you guys. They 'fucked up the release'? You've gotta calm down, seriously. Their own website has a countdown and theres even a mention of 3:45pm, and it going live after it plays on the radio.

And nowhere did it specifically say it would be available 12AM sharp on iTunes or anywhere else.

And then to top it off, you blame Linkin Park for fucking all of this up? Oh because I am sure this is Linkin Park, the bandmembers fault entirely. Fuck no... they don't control all these fine details.

Hahninator, you hype things up in your head too much and for pretty much anything that Linkin Park does you critisize or get dissapointed with. Must suck man, really.

We're all just human, live with it and stop whining... it will come just wait.

/rant

Edited by springer

I guess you're right. I haven't listened to any clips of the song or anything...I was just pretty excited for it to come out. All other LP releases have been at 12am that I've seen on iTunes so I guess I assumed this one would be as well. That's where assuming gets you I guess.