"Deftest" (Xero Song)

LPLStaff

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

i guess i'm in the minority who love everything/anything from Xero era. the raw sound and Mike's creative ideas making music at young age, always interesting to me. 

You have my speech. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Would love to hear "No Roads Left" and "In Between" with Chester on vocals. If the band said Mike sang both of them better, then his versions probably really are better. But it'd be cool to hear, because the MTM era was so good. Those seem like obvious inclusions on an MTM box set, if they ever did one.

That would be good. I really want to get COG (Linkin Park Remix), Chicken Basket, Monday Meeting, Left Right, Apes, Fire In The City...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, hybrider said:

Isso seria bom. Eu realmente quero obter COG (Remix do Linkin Park), Chicken Basket, Monday Meeting, Left Right, Apes, Fire In The City ...

Grecian, A.06 with vocals, my december DJ crook remix, Cuidado, Meteora Remixes...

38 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Would love to hear "No Roads Left" and "In Between" with Chester on vocals. If the band said Mike sang both of them better, then his versions probably really are better. But it'd be cool to hear, because the MTM era was so good. Those seem like obvious inclusions on an MTM box set, if they ever did one.

Yeah, obviously if they picked MS versions means that those sounded better, but I’d be sooo curious to hear Chester’s take on them 😊 

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

i guess i'm in the minority who love everything/anything from Xero era. the raw sound and Mike's creative ideas making music at young age, always interesting to me. 

Same here, I always loved the raw and unpolished sound of Mike and Mark 

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

I like the Xero era a lot too. I wish we’d get some live footage from that era, that would be epic. Would be so interesting to see what the sets look like. I don’t think Mark Wakefield is as terrible as everyone makes him out to be either. He’s no Chester obviously, but then again 99% of singers aren’t Chester. I consider Mark a average singer. He’s not terrible IMO. 

9 hours ago, Ru551anR0ck3t said:

Crist I remember back in the day when just finding Phoenix Mason Jar 2000 and KROQ X-Mas 2000 and 2001s in any type of video was the holy grail, lol

Holy shit! Nice to see you again :)! And yeah. I vividly remember both 2000 shows as being our holy grail back then (+ Modesto 2000 for me personally).

It's so funny that Mike brought this on himself again by mentioning something we didn't know about. But I after HT20 I'm so content with everything, I don't feel the need to holy grail this one.

What do you guys think the chances of getting anniversary box sets for the other albums down the road is? HT20 was a huge success considering it put Hybrid Theory back near the top of the Billboard 200 so I think Meteora is a given but do you think they'll continue after that? I think these box sets are our best hope to get more unreleased songs with Chester singing on them since Warner is probably going to want to hold on to those tracks and not really let the band use them for LPU CDs (if that even ends up happening ever again).

I can see one for Meteora for sure. Maybe MTM and ATS. I don’t really see big box sets after that.

I can imagine anniversary editions maybe with an unreleased track here and there but I don’t think they’ll go all out for LT/THP/OML the way they did for HT.

44 minutes ago, Justin said:

I can see one for Meteora for sure. Maybe MTM and ATS. I don’t really see big box sets after that.

I can imagine anniversary editions maybe with an unreleased track here and there but I don’t think they’ll go all out for LT/THP/OML the way they did for HT.

Same, I can see it coming for the big albums, maybe they’ll do something smaller for LT10 or OML10 or stuff like that 

2 hours ago, GlassCastles said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't do a big boxset like this again, but I could definitely see them doing a "Forgotten Demos" type thing for each album. Plus the obvious vinyl reissue, merch etc.

That would honestly be a shame.

Then again, Mike did say during the unboxing that he wasn't sure people would even have interest in THIS boxset at first. Then of course there was the issue of Warner severely underestimating the initial demand when they first opened pre-orders.

It's like they still underestimate mainstream interest in LP and are then surprised to be wrong... I don't see how they still do that after all these years.

20 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Holy shit! Nice to see you again :)! And yeah. I vividly remember both 2000 shows as being our holy grail back then (+ Modesto 2000 for me personally).

It's so funny that Mike brought this on himself again by mentioning something we didn't know about. But I after HT20 I'm so content with everything, I don't feel the need to holy grail this one.

Lol yeah,  how you been it's been years!!!

I still think for me if it ever was true I remember back when we were trading some guy i knew claimed he knew a guy who taped xero back in 97. Claimed he was trying to get the vhs from him but never could.  That if true would be the holy grail, or if some show when they were actually called hybrid theory ever came out.

I'm still waiting for Chester doing man in the box from kroq inland invasion to show up, lol. 

Also it seems like I have 2 accounts idk how the heck that happened,  lol

On 10/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, Sukotto said:

Maybe Deftest will just surface one day. Never say never and all that. 

Maybe I'll hit up Andrew Lanoie if he has it, also he's got some pretty good financial advice on his podcasts

1 hour ago, Blink1n said:

I'm still waiting for Chester doing man in the box from kroq inland invasion to show up, lol. 

There was a full video of the song on YouTube back in 2006. I think I still have it somewhere (downloaded from YouTube). The quality was pretty bad though.

38 minutes ago, X3RO said:

Maybe I'll hit up Andrew Lanoie if he has it, also he's got some pretty good financial advice on his podcasts

Guys, leave him alone. Plenty of people here have already contacted him. lol

1. First of all, Warner told him to take down Pictureboard from his SoundCloud page. He would be the stupidest person ever if he started sharing other unreleased Linkin Park material online after this.

2. Deftest was an early cassette demo created by Mike and Mark. They didn't even had a band at that point. Xero was literally only Mike and Mark. It's very unlikely for anyone but them to have this song.

3. Andrew auditioned for Xero when Phoenix left. That was it. The only reason he has Pictureboard is because it was in Xero's audition tape. It's likely the exact same tape they sent to vocalists. We've heard straight from the band Pictureboard was there.

What if we ask Tj Demonte? y’know, the guy who uploaded Rhinestone (now Forgotten) from the audition tape. The only thing is, we don’t know if he responds or has been asked about the Audition Tape a LOT!