LPLStaff

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, Jlumber said:

Anything else happening with this? Very interested in hearing the rest

Tbh I dunno. It feels weird seeing all this from the outside. Guy has proof of the cassette, uploads proof with vague message, and never follows through/shows more. I really dunno what's happening here. I just hope it's nothing serious ya know

Actually he did an interview with us, some final edits are being made and it'll be ready soon. It was planned to be released after the Jeff Blue stuff... Jeff's stuff got delayed a good bit as you know and now this is going through some revisions before it's ready to go. Would imagine it'd be out in May. Not sure on the actual music as that is completely out of our hands, but just speaking about the interview.

17 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Actually he did an interview with us, some final edits are being made and it'll be ready soon. It was planned to be released after the Jeff Blue stuff... Jeff's stuff got delayed a good bit as you know and now this is going through some revisions before it's ready to go. Would imagine it'd be out in May. Not sure on the actual music as that is completely out of our hands, but just speaking about the interview.

That's cool to know. Even if we don't get the songs at least we get a bit more Xero history. You guys been doing a lot of work with these interviews so thank you! Can't wait for the future releases! 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

It's happening guys. Premiere Sunday, May 30th at 11am PDT. Leave a commentary on the video. :)

Nice, can't wait for more information about Xero. It's my favorite era.

So, apparently, it’s actually confirmed from TJ Demonte in that video that the audition tape tracklist is this:

Xero Instrumentals (send to all vocalists auditioning for Xero, including TJ Demonte & Chester Bennington) Tracklist: 

1. Rhinestone (Forgotten)

2. Pictureboard

3. Esaul (A Place For My Head)

Edited by NJPLP

• 9 months later...

Update 9 months later: Dave Garrett (former bassist of Karma and Relative Degree) has "Deftest" on a tape with "Dialate" that he got from Mark back in the summer of 1996, the summer after Relative Degree broke up. He even played a snippet of the song to LPLive during his interview with them a month ago. 

If you want to view the interview, here's the page: 

I even made a topic about his story that he shared with me: 

Edited by NJPLP

• 7 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, TJDemonte said:

I have converted the original XERO  audition tape in GREAT quality. I took the song down from Soundcloud  out of respect to the release.  Siri now recognizes a song on the demo I have had for 20 years ( Pictureboard )... the others are clear to post, I assume. I have the video they requested for the audition process (at least one band member has confirmed they went through  the same process per Mark T) The audio tape is in perfect condition and plays well, the handwriting  of "Xero" is most certainly Mike's. I have versions of the tunes when the rapping was the focus of the tune and the singing was the refrain or hook only..... I have my tracking vocals with the audition tape,  as well as my demo that got me a Next Day Air Fedex package from Jeff Blue, with lyrics, this demo and the other studio tracks partially finished along with Mike's 4-track ideas

I was going to do a full interview with Mark Terrell ( the admin / founder of this page) but he stopped responding to texts after a preliminary interview, during the week of the  the 20yr release ( not sure why? ) I never attempted to leak or detract from any of these tracks, I had NO idea that there was so much interest around this tune..... The original XERO tape was in a case, in my closet for years,  the song on Soundcloud was there to substantiate a one-off crazy story .....There is a good story here if you are interested as fans and the true history of something you may not be aware of...... TJ

On 12/28/2020 at 7:36 PM, TJDemonte said:

Does anybody know what happened with this? Does it have to do with Warner not wanting it out there or something? He only uploaded the "Rhinestone" instrumental to his SoundCloud before removing it again and put that video up on his YouTube channel of him playing some of the tape. I've asked TJ himself through Instagram, but he hasn't replied back to me. I heard from someone that he "disappeared off the face of the earth" after LPLive's interview with him, lol.

Edited by NJPLP