"Deftest" (Xero Song)

LPLStaff

1 hour ago, MrS said:

What if we ask Tj Demonte? y’know, the guy who uploaded Rhinestone (now Forgotten) from the audition tape. The only thing is, we don’t know if he responds or has been asked about the Audition Tape a LOT!

Working on it. People did indeed blow him up with messages. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

There was a full video of the song on YouTube back in 2006. I think I still have it somewhere (downloaded from YouTube). The quality was pretty bad though.

Guys, leave him alone. Plenty of people here have already contacted him. lol

1. First of all, Warner told him to take down Pictureboard from his SoundCloud page. He would be the stupidest person ever if he started sharing other unreleased Linkin Park material online after this.

2. Deftest was an early cassette demo created by Mike and Mark. They didn't even had a band at that point. Xero was literally only Mike and Mark. It's very unlikely for anyone but them to have this song.

3. Andrew auditioned for Xero when Phoenix left. That was it. The only reason he has Pictureboard is because it was in Xero's audition tape. It's likely the exact same tape they sent to vocalists. We've heard straight from the band Pictureboard was there.

No I have the crappy flip phone version where it is basically bassed out, I was hoping out of the thousands of people there somebody had something better like an Alice in chains fan that was a crazy as us with shows.  Crazy fun fact that festival was taped and recorded for everybody but Alice in chains cause I believe that was their first or one of their first shows live from when Layne passed.

10 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

There was a full video of the song on YouTube back in 2006. I think I still have it somewhere (downloaded from YouTube). The quality was pretty bad though.

Guys, leave him alone. Plenty of people here have already contacted him. lol

1. First of all, Warner told him to take down Pictureboard from his SoundCloud page. He would be the stupidest person ever if he started sharing other unreleased Linkin Park material online after this.

2. Deftest was an early cassette demo created by Mike and Mark. They didn't even had a band at that point. Xero was literally only Mike and Mark. It's very unlikely for anyone but them to have this song.

3. Andrew auditioned for Xero when Phoenix left. That was it. The only reason he has Pictureboard is because it was in Xero's audition tape. It's likely the exact same tape they sent to vocalists. We've heard straight from the band Pictureboard was there.

Do you happen to know what songs were on the audition tapes?

On 10/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Stranger said:

i guess i'm in the minority who love everything/anything from Xero era. the raw sound and Mike's creative ideas making music at young age, always interesting to me. 

The band being experimental trying out different things/methods > playing it safe. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind hearing other more conventional stuff though.

13 hours ago, Astat said:

Zomba sampler version instrumental.

Does this exist?

On 10/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, lpliveusername said:

It's the same, but it was a really bad rip with speed / pitch issues. Sounded pretty bad too. Not ripped with good equipment.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, PictureboardSoldier said:

Where can we hear this Rhinestone version ????

13 hours ago, Astat said:

Zomba sampler version instrumental.

Do you mean the leaked Rhinestone from 2019?

On 10/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, hahninator said:

It is the instrumental of the Zomba sampler version on HT20, which is the same one that leaked last year, yes.

The 3 tracks on the audition tape are Esaul, Rhinestone, and Pictureboard. It does not have 4 tracks.

Wait, I have not been keeping up on my LP news. Rhinestone from the audition tape? When did this happen?