"Deftest" (Xero Song)

LPLStaff

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, LPsMart said:

yeah but it was cassette quality right? I assumed the XERO INSTRUMENTAL cassette photo belonged to it

Yeah and really poor cassette quality at that. Very muffled and the speed/pitch drifts all over the place.

• 1 month later...

I have converted the original XERO  audition tape in GREAT quality. I took the song down from Soundcloud  out of respect to the release.  Siri now recognizes a song on the demo I have had for 20 years ( Pictureboard )... the others are clear to post, I assume. I have the video they requested for the audition process (at least one band member has confirmed they went through  the same process per Mark T) The audio tape is in perfect condition and plays well, the handwriting  of "Xero" is most certainly Mike's. I have versions of the tunes when the rapping was the focus of the tune and the singing was the refrain or hook only..... I have my tracking vocals with the audition tape,  as well as my demo that got me a Next Day Air Fedex package from Jeff Blue, with lyrics, this demo and the other studio tracks partially finished along with Mike's 4-track ideas

I was going to do a full interview with Mark Terrell ( the admin / founder of this page) but he stopped responding to texts after a preliminary interview, during the week of the  the 20yr release ( not sure why? ) I never attempted to leak or detract from any of these tracks, I had NO idea that there was so much interest around this tune..... The original XERO tape was in a case, in my closet for years,  the song on Soundcloud was there to substantiate a one-off crazy story .....There is a good story here if you are interested as fans and the true history of something you may not be aware of...... TJ

Edited by TJDemonte

1 hour ago, TJDemonte said:

I have converted the original XERO  audition tape in GREAT quality. I took the song down from Soundcloud  out of respect to the release.  Siri now recognizes a song on the demo I have had for 20 years ( Pictureboard )... the others are clear to post, I assume. I have the video they requested for the audition process (at least one band member has confirmed they went through  the same process per Mark T) The audio tape is in perfect condition and plays well, the handwriting  of "Xero" is most certainly Mike's. I have versions of the tunes when the rapping was the focus of the tune and the singing was the refrain or hook only..... I have my tracking vocals with the audition tape,  as well as my demo that got me a Next Day Air Fedex package from Jeff Blue, with lyrics, this demo and the other studio tracks partially finished along with Mike's 4-track ideas

I was going to do a full interview with Mark Terrell ( the admin / founder of this page) but he stopped responding to texts after a preliminary interview, during the week of the  the 20yr release ( not sure why? ) I never attempted to leak or detract from any of these tracks, I had NO idea that there was so much interest around this tune..... The original XERO tape was in a case, in my closet for years,  the song on Soundcloud was there to substantiate a one-off crazy story .....There is a good story here if you are interested as fans and the true history of something you may not be aware of...... TJ

I hope he will continue and finish interview with you and I really hope you will post all Xero stuff in some .rar format file for download. Instrumental Xero demos and Xero demos with your vocals (if you have them recorded) would be great to hear. Also some photos of tape or Jeff Blue's package with lyrics would be amazing to see too. For hardcore LP fans like me has every Xero material big price. I like every Xero song and I wish that one day we will get all unreleased stuff from this era.

14 hours ago, TJDemonte said:

I would love for you to post it somewhere out there

19 hours ago, TJDemonte said:

Would be great to hear your whole story and listen to all of those old gens!!! it will be a pleasure for every fan here.

I agree with everyone else. I would love to hear the whole story and these songs. I also hope you get to finish the interview. This is all so fascinating. 

Wow!!! Yeah, I (much like everyone else) would love to hear your story! 

20 hours ago, TJDemonte said:

Wait, are you the guy that leaked Mark´s version of Pictureboard? I´m a bit confused

On 12/13/2020 at 10:39 PM, TJDemonte said:

I'd really really really love to hear all of this!

• 2 weeks later...