One More Light Album

hahninator

It's me not being ignorant, it's quite simple really, I first heard Heavy & though, "Hmm they are going down a pop route now, ok then", then just decided I wasn't going to listen to it because of the style/genre they are going with, I wouldn't have known what the song One More Light would sound like if LP didn't perform on Kimmel.

It's me not being ignorant at all, it's all my opinion, I don't expect you to understand or care, say/think what you want but doesn't matter to me anyway.

Edited by N7-TGF

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i listen to this record, the more i realize that i like it because i can relate to lyrics that express REAL feelings of the REAL life of everyday. The point, for me at least, is that I feel this record at an inner level because of the themes and that s why NOW in this moment of my life i d take this album over the typical New Divide or Keys to the Kyngdom or GATS instrumentally good and super fun and energetic LP standard song. It s calm, reflective, intimate but not super melodramatic.

The boxset just arrived and I love the book and how they included the CD in it, nice collector's item to have. Even though I wish ATS had such Boxset aswell

ATS had a box. It was an art book with the cd and the weird making of DVD.

I do love these as great collectors items.

Back on topic, I suggest people who are not a fan of this direction listen to to live versions and forget the album. The only positive of this album for me is Chester's voice.

I think I'm so annoyed because it doesn't sound like a LP album (which at least LT did even though that's another direction I didn't like). As people have said, too many outside influences. And one of my favorite aspects of being a LP fan is the sound of Chester's voice and the music behind him. The music felt lazy here.

I also suggest people go listen to The Hunting Party again. Really solid album that didn't get promoted properly. And some LP songs I wasn't a fan of when they came out (UIG) I like more now in comparison to OML.

ATS had a box. It was an art book with the cd and the weird making of DVD.

I do love these as great collectors items.

Never knew that, too bad I wasn't so commited to the internet those days and didn't had a creditcard, so I had to depend on my parents -_-

OML is the best song in LP career. The rest of the album is really good with some heights (Halfway right, Sharp Edges, Invisible) and some good songs ( SFN, NCSM,Heavy,...) All in all a strong 8/10 to me

Heavy #54 this week and still #2 in the Rock chart

First of all, the fact that they performed 60% of the album before the release, spoiled a big part of the album before listening to it for the first time. Overall I liked the album a lot, I think even though the album was pretty poppy (even though Chester said it had a lot of variety), the sound was pretty original, though it contained some mainstream/trendy elements. Many songs contained a lot of electronic sounds, which I liked.Despite that, I wish that some songs would be more organic, for example I love the guitar at the end of Talking To Myself, I wish it would be more audible throughout the rest of the song. Another thing I think could be done otherwise is the mix, first I think it's way too bassy, and wish some things would be louder compared to other sounds. I enjoyed the guitar work a lot, both the tone and what has been played (I freakin loved that pinch harmonic in the break of Sorry For Now), I also wish it would be more apparent in the mix. I also liked Chester's vocals a lot in some of the songs (not Heavy), even though I missed some high notes, and some raspyness. When it comes to Mike's vocals, I think they turned great, but 2 of 10 songs sung by Mike is too much. I also liked that the album was progressive sonically. All in all, the biggest disappointments of the album for me are the shortness of the album, lack of high notes from Chester and lack of noticable variety in the genre.

giphy.gif

HaHa! Nice!

To the people saying they "love it", what other bands do you listen to? Do you like pop music in general? Because anyone who leans toward rock, or harder music, can't possibly like this crap.

I like this crap, even though I listen to a lot of metal and rock. I like all music genres, but it's not as rare as you might think to like pop music, when you're a metal fan. I assume that many people (and I) don't care about genre, it's about whether I like it or not. I mean, how did you survive the MTM, ATS and LT era?

First of all, the fact that they performed 60% of the album before the release, spoiled a big part of the album before listening to it for the first time. Overall I liked the album a lot, I think even though the album was pretty poppy (even though Chester said it had a lot of variety), the sound was pretty original, though it contained some mainstream/trendy elements. Many songs contained a lot of electronic sounds, which I liked.Despite that, I wish that some songs would be more organic, for example I love the guitar at the end of Talking To Myself, I wish it would be more audible throughout the rest of the song. Another thing I think could be done otherwise is the mix, first I think it's way too bassy, and wish some things would be louder compared to other sounds. I enjoyed the guitar work a lot, both the tone and what has been played (I freakin loved that pinch harmonic in the break of Sorry For Now), I also wish it would be more apparent in the mix. I also liked Chester's vocals a lot in some of the songs (not Heavy), even though I missed some high notes, and some raspyness. When it comes to Mike's vocals, I think they turned great, but 2 of 10 songs sung by Mike is too much. I also liked that the album was progressive sonically. All in all, the biggest disappointments of the album for me are the shortness of the album, lack of high notes from Chester and lack of noticable variety in the genre.

HaHa! Nice!

I like this crap, even though I listen to a lot of metal and rock. I like all music genres, but it's not as rare as you might think to like pop music, when you're a metal fan. I assume that many people (and I) don't care about genre, it's about whether I like it or not. I mean, how did you survive the MTM, ATS and LT era?

I agree with everything you say, but you really think 2 out of 10 sung by Mike is too much? I would have loved to hear more of him

I don't understand why people say the band released 60% of the music before the release date. You have the option to not listen to the pre release songs, and two of them were live only (Talking To Myself and One More Light) so it's really 40%. To find those you have to actively go to YouTube and look them up.

This is the exact opposite of the complaints for THP - oh they didn't play enough songs for the album.

I don't understand why people say the band released 60% of the music before the release date. You have the option to not listen to the pre release songs, and two of them were live only (Talking To Myself and One More Light) so it's really 40%. To find those you have to actively go to YouTube and look them up.

This is the exact opposite of the complaints for THP - oh they didn't play enough songs for the album.

Do you remember late January/early February when there were a lot of people saying it's ridiculous that we haven't heard anything from the album? Fast forward 3 months and now we've heard too much from the album. Lol

To the people talking about high notes, I think he hits some in the chorus of Sharp Edges, doesn't he? And also in the last chorus of Talking to Myself. Anyway, I'm ok with it, I think sometimes it's harder to sing high notes than to scream.

It's me not being ignorant, it's quite simple really, I first heard Heavy & though, "Hmm they are going down a pop route now, ok then", then just decided I wasn't going to listen to it because of the style/genre they are going with, I wouldn't have known what the song One More Light would sound like if LP didn't perform on Kimmel.

It's me not being ignorant at all, it's all my opinion, I don't expect you to understand or care, say/think what you want but doesn't matter to me anyway.

So you only listened to Heavy studio version and One More Light live? To be honest, there is no other song that sounds similar to Heavy in the album, and there are much more real instruments in the songs than people make it seem. The word "pop" doesn't stand to only one thing, a lot of songs in MTM and LT were pretty much pop or pop rock.

<3

Preach.

I agree with everything you say, but you really think 2 out of 10 sung by Mike is too much? I would have loved to hear more of him

Ok, I exaggerated a bit. But I'm a huge fan of Chester's voice, and feeling that one bandmate, especially the frontman doesn't do anything for the most of the song makes me a bit uncomfortable. I have nothing against Mike's singing, I like Sorry For Now and Invisible a lot. If it would be 2 out of 12, I would have litterally nothing against it.

If you were refering partially to me, then I just want to clarify that I said that they've performed 60% of the album before it's release. Releasing 40% of an album before the album release is also a bit too much in my opinion, it already annoyed me during THP period. I know that I have an option not to listen to them, but first of all it's hard to resist (even though I did resist for non singles for OML(I only listened to the live versions of the songs, thus I listened 60% of the album, but solely live), and Rebelion and FM for THP), second it may make the album being less hyped for.

On the other hand, I'm glad that they've performed so much of the album, but I don't like the fact they did it before the album release. In fact, they've performed more of OML than of THP and LT during their whole cycles. And THP and LT were described as live albums, it looks like only albums that weren't described as live albums had a large portion of them performed. it further proves my theory that whatever LP says, it's the opposite, like the Carnivorous tour (that turned out to be Herbivorous tour).

If you were refering partially to me, then I just want to clarify that I said that they've performed 60% of the album before it's release. Releasing 40% of an album before the album release is also a bit too much in my opinion, it already annoyed me during THP period. I know that I have an option not to listen to them, but first of all it's hard to resist (even though I did resist for non singles for OML(I only listened to the live versions of the songs, thus I listened 60% of the album, but solely live), and Rebelion and FM for THP), second it may make the album being less hyped for.

1) I'll say it before and I'll say it again; the only person to blame for feeling the record is spoiled for you is yourself. If one of your main points is "it's hard to resist," then your argument is pretty much baseless. Lots of things are hard to resist, but that doesn't mean we go into all of them. Granted, music is something that can't really have a negative effect on our health (typically). If you didn't want to hear songs off of the record, it's up to you to abstain from listening to the songs, no one elses.

2) I guess this point is both right and wrong. Yes, it will sort of take away from the experience in the sense that there's less to hear, but that's a really small problem. If you loved 'Talking To Myself' live, chances are you'll at least enjoy the studio version. For the people who aren't fans, its a pretty smart idea, too; lots of different sounds reaching lots of different ears. If they don't like 'Heavy' but they loved TTM, chances are they'll at least show some more interest with the record than they would have if 'Heavy' or BS was their only impression.

TL,DR; arguments about the album being ruined because of how much they performed live is irrelevant and entirely your own fault if you didn't want to hear the material. If it's important to you, don't listen to it. Easy as that. More music (especially given the time between first single and release) means more chance to promote and more people ultimately reached for the record. Again, if you want a surprise, just don't listen.

Ok, I exaggerated a bit. But I'm a huge fan of Chester's voice, and feeling that one bandmate, especially the frontman doesn't do anything for the most of the song makes me a bit uncomfortable. I have nothing against Mike's singing, I like Sorry For Now and Invisible a lot. If it would be 2 out of 12, I would have litterally nothing against it.

On the other hand, I'm glad that they've performed so much of the album, but I don't like the fact they did it before the album release. In fact, they've performed more of OML than of THP and LT during their whole cycles. And THP and LT were described as live albums, it looks like only albums that weren't described as live albums had a large portion of them performed. it further proves my theory that whatever LP says, it's the opposite, like the Carnivorous tour (that turned out to be Herbivorous tour).

Well I agree with you about releasing so much. That's just how promotion works now. Can you believe for Living Things they released BID and LGM? LOL still hilarious for me....literally a terrible example of how the album was. I try not to listen but it's impossible for the pre release songs. Singles now even bother me. I'd rather hear an album at once with nothing heard beforehand, but I realize I'm "extreme" in that belief.

lol @ Carnivores. How did they not play ALITS on that tour? Picking that specific tour for the "DJ set" with shortened songs was a weird move, in my opinion.

But I like playing as much as possible before the album is released. The LP cycles now are SUPER short. Living Things was a year. A Thousand Suns was less than a year. The Hunting Party was a little over a year but huge breaks. Go ahead and rehearse the entire album before the release and start with 6+ songs in the set so fans can see the new music live. I'm sure a lot of people here are disappointed ALITS barely got played and they didn't get to see it.

Imagine for THP if they had rehearsed Keys, All For Nothing, GATS, Mark The Graves, Rebellion, Final Masq, UIG, and ALITS. That's 7 songs, and they dropped UIG ASAP (good move). Go ahead and play the other 6 in the sets the whole cycle. It's a shame more of that album didn't get played live.

1) I'll say it before and I'll say it again; the only person to blame for feeling the record is spoiled for you is yourself. If one of your main points is "it's hard to resist," then your argument is pretty much baseless. Lots of things are hard to resist, but that doesn't mean we go into all of them. Granted, music is something that can't really have a negative effect on our health (typically). If you didn't want to hear songs off of the record, it's up to you to abstain from listening to the songs, no one elses.

2) I guess this point is both right and wrong. Yes, it will sort of take away from the experience in the sense that there's less to hear, but that's a really small problem. If you loved 'Talking To Myself' live, chances are you'll at least enjoy the studio version. For the people who aren't fans, its a pretty smart idea, too; lots of different sounds reaching lots of different ears. If they don't like 'Heavy' but they loved TTM, chances are they'll at least show some more interest with the record than they would have if 'Heavy' or BS was their only impression.

TL,DR; arguments about the album being ruined because of how much they performed live is irrelevant and entirely your own fault if you didn't want to hear the material. If it's important to you, don't listen to it. Easy as that. More music (especially given the time between first single and release) means more chance to promote and more people ultimately reached for the record. Again, if you want a surprise, just don't listen.

1) I know I'm the one to blame, but I guess I'm not the only one to feel so.I know it might be an exaggerated example, however I would compare it to showing the ending or some surprise moments in a movie in its trailer. Or imagine I would go to the show, how would I avoid listening to the 6 new songs being at the show?

2) I agree when it comes to new fans or people who wouldn't listen to the album otherwise.

3) I never said that album was being ruined because of that, and I wasn't speaking for everyone. I was talking solely from my standpoint, but it feels like I'm accused of speaking objectively.

Singles now even bother me. I'd rather hear an album at once with nothing heard beforehand, but I realize I'm "extreme" in that belief.

I'm kinda the same, but I'm more like one song before album release, just to get a little taste of it.

Edited by TheDamian58C

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming Just have to wait for the official Billboard list on Monday but OML ending up passing Kendrick to go #1!!!!!

Wow. Billboard usually posts the top 10 of the Billboard 200 on Sunday, so we'll probably have it confirmed by then. This site is pretty accurate, I hope these numbers are true!

Edited by Mesck547

After listening to the album lots of time I'm wondering if Sharp Edges is acoustic or not.

I'm only hear Brad's acoustic guitar but I could be wrong.

Can someone tell me?

Edited by stich