One More Light Album

hahninator

After listening to the album lots of time I'm wondering if Sharp Edges is acoustic or not.

I'm only hear Brad's acoustic guitar but I could be wrong.

Can someone tell me?

It certainly has Stomps and Claps.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone read a positive OML review? Hell everything I read was pretty bad, OML earned mostly only 30-40%. Personally I like this album and I don't think it deserves so much hate, looks like every critics stuck in HT era, wtf.

looks like every critics stuck in HT era, wtf.

It baffles me why so many people say this. Maybe we're seeing different things, but a lot of negative reviews/responses I'm seeing mention nothing of HT, Meteora, Nu metal or 'GUITARZZ'. Most of the criticism I see is about how bland the album is, how the lyrics didn't live up to all the hype, chipmunks, repetitive sounds, claps, guest verses, etc.

I get there's some shit posters, but it just seems that you can't give this album a horrible review without being labeled as one, or a HT/Meteora fanboy, no matter how constructive it is.

Yeah, a fair amount of the criticism as far as "traditional critics" go is less about the lack of nu-metal and more about how it's "generic pop", along with everything that entails. There are some outlets who are upset about the change in style, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to write off everyone who doesn't like the album as a nu-metal fanboy. Now, YouTube and Facebook are very much in the camp of "fuck this it isn't Hybrid Theory", but we don't really count those guys, do we? :P

okay every critic probably isn't HT fanboy, but they compare OML with older stuff (LT, THP) alot. If they would uninterestedly rate individual songs, I bet album rating would be like 50-60%. Yeah this album is very different and there are weak songs but 30% is bullshit.

okay every critic probably isn't HT fanboy, but they compare OML with older stuff (LT, THP) alot. If they would uninterestedly rate individual songs, I bet album rating would be like 50-60%. Yeah this album is very different and there are weak songs but 30% is bullshit.

More like 40%-50%, quite a few people on here need to make peace with the fact that objectively, this is a below average record. The fact that they enjoy it is subjective and absolutely fine, but that doesn't change the before mentioned fact.

Edited by GraDoN

More like 40%-50%, quite a few people on here need to make peace with the fact that objectively, this is a below average record. The fact that they enjoy it is subjective and absolutely fine, but that doesn't change the before mentioned fact.

It really subjective, in fact I literally dislike some albums that are praised by critics and fucking love OML at the point that i play it like 2/3 times a day in full. Subjectivity is everything in music, luckily not many people decide what to listen to by reading reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

It s not related to the album quality, but to people saying OML is a flop: Lorde "Melodrama" is selling less than it and Witness by Katy Perry had 1st week sales of 180k. If a super controversal alt-pop album by a rock band that s been around for nearly 20 years sells more than half of the new long awaited record of a pop goddess is not a flop by any means IMO ;)

I agree. If they continue the pop sound for a few albums they're going to have some huge radio breakthroughs like Maroon 5 has, and will inevitably sell more albums because of that. It will be a new fanbase....along with whoever else has stuck around.

I agree. If they continue the pop sound for a few albums they're going to have some huge radio breakthroughs like Maroon 5 has, and will inevitably sell more albums because of that. It will be a new fanbase....along with whoever else has stuck around.

True, but with LP we will see :) you never know what s going on in the future of this band

I don't believe that they will do another album like that. They never did the same again and again and if they would do that they also will also lose the festival market in Europe. There are more rock and heavy big festivals than pop festivals.

But that is not the main reason. They will do something completely different again and hopefully it is more my taste of music again. But I can say that the new songs that I heard in Berlin last week are much better live than on the CD.

I think they won t stick to OML genre too, but I hope they ll do more stripped down- semi acoustic type of songs. I d be super happy if they d drop an EP with Messenger/OML/ Sharp Edges type of songs in late 2018 or so

As i said yesterday here and some minutes ago in the shoutbox, Lorde Melodrama is selling 85-90k streaming included and the new Nickelback is selling 45-50k.

• 2 weeks later...