One More Light Album

hahninator

Looking forward to the next six months of replies like this from you every time someone has anything positive to say about this record.

Also looking forward to the inevitable "WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A VENDETTA AGAINST ME" private message too. :lol:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharp Edges and Halfway Right are awful....just pure garbage. Haven't heard the entire thing, but what a piece of shit effort.

Funny, those are two of the best songs on the album in my opinion. Linkin Park really nailed it with those.

Pretty sure you're the one who started the private messaging thing with me. But, as usual with what you say to me, I really don't care.

Grow up , everyone has an opinion including you talking shit all the time.I'm seriously sick of your negativity as If LP commits crime by releasing this album . we get it it's not your taste doesn't mean that others can't praise it .

It's as close to a crime as they could have committed. The album is pure dog shit. You're sick of me??? Too bad..I couldn't possibly care any less.

I like how Sharp Edges functions to One More Light as The Messenger did to The Catalyst. It's like a glimpse of hope after the shit happens, a message that we can bear whatever happens and keep going on.

Nobody Can Save Me - 4/10

Good Goodbye - 7/10

Talking to Myself - 9/10

Battle Symphony - 3/10

Invisible - 5/10

Heavy - 2/10

Sorry For Now - 6/10

Halfway Right - 6/10

One More Light - 10/10

Sharp Edges - 8/10

It gets a D (60/100) rating, which is passing, but BARELY. Please, LP, get away from the 'Clap/Snap' drums and stop using the Chipmunk Vocal Effects.

I think you overreacting. I agree that Heavy is one of the worst songs on the album but 2/10 seems harsh.

Want to hear a 2/10 song?

Listen here:

Edited by Bliss

I think the album would score higher if it wasn't LP,

I don't get it. You are trying to say that you (for example) will like more this album if it wasn't named Linkin Park? And you just don't like it because it has LP in it's name?

Where is any kind of logic here?

Edited by martinez

I think you overreacting. I agree that Heavy is one of the worst songs on the album but 2/10 seems harsh.

Want to hear a 2/10 song?

Listen here:

If this gets 2/10 I seriously don't want to know what a 0 or 1 is.

I feel like Linkin Park did an awful job of promoting their new album One More Light. I urge all of you to give it a listen before you judge. Amazingly enough, the 4 songs they released before the album came out are the 4 worst songs on the album in my opinion. And I did not overplay them because I barely played them at all. The album is actually very, very good. Sorry for Now is also a top 10 Linkin Park song ever. It has Chester rapping in it and I never knew I needed that until now. Probably my favorite thing the band has ever done. Please give their new album a chance!

If you want an example of what I mean about the singles, peep my tier list in the comments.

SS: Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry for Now
S: Halfway Right, One More Light, Sharp Edges
A: Good Goodbye, Talking to Myself

B: Battle Symphony
C: Heavy
D:
F: Invisible

Overall Album: A. Album is great! It's not the best LP album but it's still great. It's better than I was expecting and also WAY, WAY better than The Hunting Party!

Album rankings:
1. Living Things

2. Meteora

3. Minutes to Midnight= Hybrid Theory
5. A Thousand Suns

6. One More Light

99. The Hunting Party

Edited by Bliss

If you like this , fine, but giving it a 9.5/10 is just absurd.

If you don't like this, fine, but talking like it has nothing positive is just absurd. All a matter of perspective. And it's not even that much different, a lot of LT songs would sound just like this album if the band used trap-like production and turned the guitars' volume down a little bit. Think of Powerless, BID, LITE, LGM, IBG...

Edited by Kilmer

If you like this , fine, but giving it a 9.5/10 is just absurd.

Its called having an opinion. Think about it like this. You believe that people who score this album high have an absurd mindset, but you'll find people equally thinking about how absurd it is that you run your mouth nonstop. See? Glad that's cleared up.

Edited by Broman

If you don't like this, fine, but talking like it has nothing positive is just absurd. All a matter of perspective. And it's not even that much different, a lot of LT songs would sound just like this album if the band used trap-like production and turned the guitars' volume down a little bit.

Maybe so, but they didn't. I don't love LT, but it's a masterpiece compared to this crap.

I don't get it. You are trying to say that you (for example) will like more this album if it wasn't named Linkin Park? And you just don't like it because it has LP in it's name?

Where is any kind of logic here?

There's plenty of logic here, I would accept this album more if it was a basic group with no evidence of more creative poppy writing. When I hear a mainstream band like LP that is wildly successful for putting their ORIGINAL take on what people are doing in their respective genre or i.e "sound" come out with this release i'm highly disappointed. I wouldn't be so hard on this release if it was the chainsmokers or 21 pilots.

The Hahninator summed it up best. A few good moments, but lots of okay and bad moments as well. A 4/10 is a fair evaluation of the chipmunk album. Time to regroup or take a break (forever?).

I think MInus summed it up way better than that. Go check out his review on LPA :)

There's plenty of logic here, I would accept this album more if it was a basic group with no evidence of more creative poppy writing. When I hear a mainstream band like LP that is wildly successful for putting their ORIGINAL take on what people are doing in their respective genre or i.e "sound" come out with this release i'm highly disappointed. I wouldn't be so hard on this release if it was the chainsmokers or 21 pilots.

Could you do me a favour and change the name Linkin Park to Chainsmokers or 21 Pilots and post your review again cause I pretty sure it's gonna be gorgeous.

Could you do me a favour and change the name Linkin Park to Chainsmokers or 21 Pilots and post your review again cause I pretty sure it's gonna be gorgeous.

sure goes something like

good for top 40, noting original, highly forgettable. Kinda catchy, probably will hear the same thing in 6 months from a different group.

LP should be better than that ;)