One More Light Album

hahninator

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to listen to it more times. Right now I can say that I definitely like half of the album.

The whole album is just so mellow. Like, the songs themselves are fine, but I just don't like how it was mixed. For example, Talking to Myself sounds fucking awesome live, but the studio version is all 100% chill. The energy is lost somewhere in the mix. Really weird.

The lyrics are touching. Everyone sounds great on the album, but I feel like whoever was responsible for mixing killed a lot of great natural vibes.

The whole album was mixed by Serban Ghenea (4 songs) and Manny Marroquin (6 songs)

Nobody Can Save Me - 4/10
Good Goodbye - 7/10
Talking to Myself - 9/10
Battle Symphony - 3/10
Invisible - 5/10
Heavy - 2/10
Sorry For Now - 6/10
Halfway Right - 6/10
One More Light - 10/10
Sharp Edges - 8/10

It gets a D (60/100) rating, which is passing, but BARELY. Please, LP, get away from the 'Clap/Snap' drums and stop using the Chipmunk Vocal Effects.

I haven't listened to it and I don't plan on doing so until Friday.

My friend told me almost every song has that annoying sampled 'clap' sound like it's some kid playing around with FL Studio or something, which is hilarious but hopefully not true. Linkin Park's potential is so high and I feel like this is a bad way to show it

The whole album is just so mellow. Like, the songs themselves are fine, but I just don't like how it was mixed. For example, Talking to Myself sounds fucking awesome live, but the studio version is all 100% chill. The energy is lost somewhere in the mix. Really weird.

The lyrics are touching. Everyone sounds great on the album, but I feel like whoever was responsible for mixing killed a lot of great natural vibes.

100% agree.

I like only three songs from the album

Talking To Myself (Live version is much better)

One More Light

Sharp Edges

I haven't listened to it and I don't plan on doing so until Friday.

My friend told me almost every song has that annoying sampled 'clap' sound like it's some kid playing around with FL Studio or something, which is hilarious but hopefully not true. Linkin Park's potential is so high and I feel like this is a bad way to show it

Unfortunately, he is right. A lot of 'clapping' in the background.

Just listened to it and I can say I love it, some songs in there are really one a kind in their discography. I don't think NCSM sounds that much like BS, and SE sounds just like what half of LT would be if they'd let the folk influence shine in more songs than COG back then. My biggest downside would be lack of creativity for the structures. It's a great album though.

To the people saying they "love it", what other bands do you listen to? Do you like pop music in general? Because anyone who leans toward rock, or harder music, can't possibly like this crap.

Sorry for now, but I listen to tons of metal, even black and death, and I still love this album. Hardly listen to pop.

Whooah, the mix of that album is so messed up, Talking to myself is flat as hell. When I'm listening a whole in a row, everything sounds played on one note. Not bad album as radio friendly release, but Linkin Park has abilities to do something more than average radio songs. I'm dig somehow into Talking..., One More Light and little bit Sharp Edges. I'm sorry, for now, I'm disappointed.

I felt a great disturbance in the force.

Just finished my third spin. Pretty underwhelming album. I think I've heard enough snaps, claps, and sorry-esque glitch vocals for the rest of the year. This might be one of the bigger annoyances I have with the album, I feel like a lot of the sounds become overused and when you hear them for the third or fourth time on an album, it loses that spark.

I really dig Good Goodbye, Talking to Myself, and to a lesser extent Sorry For Now. The other tracks I really can't see myself coming back to that often and I'm sure once the novelty of being new wears off, they won't be getting any rotation in my playlists at all.

To the people saying they "love it", what other bands do you listen to? Do you like pop music in general? Because anyone who leans toward rock, or harder music, can't possibly like this crap.

As a Linkin Park fan for 10 years they taught me to do not limit my music taste to some specific genre

"One More Light" is one of the most beautiful songs that I've ever heard of for the first time in my whole life. When I reacted to it after I listened to the song by itself, it shows me that deep down inside, I care for the one who I've lost to lung cancer since November 2012, and for many years during my lifetime, I also care for people who also lost their own lives to this type of tragedy either too soon or it was just their time to go. That's why the album by itself is the best one ever.

I usually get shat on by Linkin Park fans when I tell them that what they are writing now is downright awful. My influences come from bands that are insanely creative and talented, bands that have released new albums recently and I consider them masterpieces from start to finish and I love Linkin Park as well, but when they take a simple approach to something that should be special hurts inside. I'm a song writer too and I feel like if I had written most of these songs I wouldn't be proud of them. I would be proud of the One More Light song though

I heard it. Backstreet Boys was better. :angry: Frankly, I love their good old songs (and some from Britney, so I have listened pop before), but this album is just awful. I can't enjoy the songs, and not because I'm a hardcore metal/rock fan, but because these songs are very-very weak to me (except Battle Symphony which makes me remember on Final Masquerade). Luckily they will play only 6 songs from this album at the Volt Festival.

Wait for the next album...

Edited by Nezumi86

I agree.My ears after listening are hurt. Don't get me wrong lyrics are good. But on the instrumental side it's horrible.

I love how the comments here are mostly either "I love this album" or "this is the worst thing anyone has ever made in the history of making things" :lol:

I'm probably going to hold out until the album's released. I didn't plan on doing it, but I'm a bit under the weather today and I'm super busy tomorrow. In the meantime I'm enjoying myself seeing people react to the new songs. It actually got me even more excited to hear the full thing.