One More Light Album

hahninator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

After almost a year my opinion about some songs has drastically changed. I can say that my favorite songs are Invisible, Sorry For Now, Talking To Myself. Heavy and Battle Symphony - now I like those songs more, but if it's about One More Light, Good Goodbye - I don't like those two at all.

Edited by martinez

OML is one of my fav LP songs and it was the same before july 20th. GG is fun, not great but good

Unfortunately or fortunately I liked OML after July 20th when it had more meaning to me.

Edited by loulax07

Yeah it s true, it gets a deeper meaning but i was a Huge fan even before Chaz s passing

Me too. Listening to the album nearly a year after its release, I can say that most tracks have grown on me. IMO still not the best LP album, but I appreciate the songwriting and complete change of style, compared to THP.

My current favorites are Nobody Can Save Me, Talking to Myself, Sorry For Now, One More Light and Sharp Edges. One More Light still hits me like a truck and for me is the most emotional song they've ever written.

but if it's about One More Light, Good Goodbye - I don't like those two at all.

I can't understand how you're not into it :huh: :lol:

Me too. Listening to the album nearly a year after its release, I can say that most tracks have grown on me. IMO still not the best LP album, but I appreciate the songwriting and complete change of style, compared to THP.

My current favorites are Nobody Can Save Me, Talking to Myself, Sorry For Now, One More Light and Sharp Edges. One More Light still hits me like a truck and for me is the most emotional song they've ever written.

I can't understand how you're not into it :huh: :lol:

Good Goodbye with those horrible guest features and annoying chipmunk shit throughout the song, I can understand that, as well as Chester's cheesy chorus. But One More Light is a good song with a good meaning to it. Just a raw stripped down song with Chester singing beautifully about something meaningful. I might have not liked it originally but I love it now.

Good Goodbye with those horrible guest features and annoying chipmunk shit throughout the song, I can understand that, as well as Chester's cheesy chorus. But One More Light is a good song with a good meaning to it. Just a raw stripped down song with Chester singing beautifully about something meaningful. I might have not liked it originally but I love it now.

Agreed fully. And Kimmel performance was amazing. Krakow, etc too where they added that live intro.

Man looking back at that European Tour, you can really tell how much fun the six of them were having on stage. That tour reminded me a lot of Europe 2007 (ten years prior) where they were in just such great moods at all the shows and were experimenting with new live intros. In 2007, it was Bleed It Out and No More Sorrow. In 2017, they messed with One More Light, Heavy, even A Place For My Head. Probably others too. Plus all of the extensions they already had worked up before the tour.

I was really excited for the USA tour. The two stadium shows were going to be historic for them. Fact is, Chester went out on top with an amazing European Tour that will go down as one of the best they ever did. LP's statement in the OML Live release kind of looks like a stereotypical "Chester shared with us that these were some of the best shows we ever played, and we agree" type of statement but I fully believe that it is true.

Agreed fully. And Kimmel performance was amazing. Krakow, etc too where they added that live intro.

Talking about Krakow,

Did you know or have this source?

Source 1: Video - AUD (Unknown) (Right Angle)

Taper: SOBER1Z

Time: ? mins (full show)

Format: ? / ? GB

Comments: Great zoom and quality. Several songs uploaded to YouTube in 4K.

I find it absurd that more people didn’t record full shows for this touring cycle. Some huge new places like Peru and Hungary, and no full constant source. I hate when people put shit on YouTube and say it’s a full show but the show is cut in between songs and shit, or a combination of different sources, etc. All past album cycles have many full recordings. Berlin 2015 is a perfect example. Great show, great proper full recording. And that’s just one example. There are tons.