Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you guys read the $uck$ ball$, Mike lost money to Fort Minor we all know that money really matters in the Linkin Park camp, he would probably stick to the economic comfort that LP gives, also he did FM because he couldn't use all of his Hip-Hop influences with LP (see MTM era) with the post ATS LP he can do whatever he wants.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/linkin-park-rapper-losing-money-on-solo-project-s-tour/

You just disproved your point. You said Mike knows FM sucks, then you post a link where Mike says that he wants to make FM tour, even though he will lose money on it.

You're all missing OrangeChester's point. The point is that Mike knows that monetarily, Fort Minor doesn't do well, hence "$uck$ ball$". It had nothing to do with how good FM is or anything, we're talking money. It went right over your heads. Did you even read the part about "one special show in LA"?

Any idea when Mike changed his twitter picture? It has the same forms to it and if you invert the colors you get similar colors. Or well, maybe I am reading way too much into this :-D

He did that a couple of months, not related to the stuff that happened the last couple of days. I like the thinking, though ;) I wonder what this ends up being all about, because as mentioned before, it's too much to be just a coincidence.

Your way of saying Mike won't do anything bigger than one show with Fort Minor because of money he lost 10 years ago, is to post a quote saying that while he did lose money, he didn't care? Thanks for making an irrelevant point and then countering it with your own source.

The dude is a multi-millionaire. If he wants to take the monetary risk to revisit Fort Minor he will. Same goes for Chester and DBS if he didn't already have STP.

As far as saying he can do whatever he wants with LP now: yes, songs like WTCFM, UIB etc. have obvious hip hop influences, but he might want to make his own record free of the LP name. I don't see what's wrong with having a solo artistic release to work on during down time from Linkin Park.

Your way of saying Mike won't do anything bigger than one show with Fort Minor because of money he lost 10 years ago, is to post a quote saying that while he did lose money, he didn't care? Thanks for making an irrelevant point and then countering it with your own source.

The dude is a multi-millionaire. If he wants to take the monetary risk to revisit Fort Minor he will. Same goes for Chester and DBS if he didn't already have STP.

As far as saying he can do whatever he wants with LP now: yes, songs like WTCFM, UIB etc. have obvious hip hop influences, but he might want to make his own record free of the LP name. I don't see what's wrong with having a solo artistic release to work on during down time from Linkin Park.

I'm fairly confident that Fort Minor was never about money.

Here, baby. I would like to refer you all back to a post I made last year stating that the either FM has an album out for its 10 year anniversary or it's over for good. I'll let you guys eat your crow later, for now is a time for celebration!

About money: Mike is filthy freaking rich, especially 10 years after FM's infancy. If he took a loss on the album or tour, he would be fine.

Here, baby. I would like to refer you all back to a post I made last year stating that the either FM has an album out for its 10 year anniversary or it's over for good. I'll let you guys eat your crow later, for now is a time for celebration!

About money: Mike is filthy freaking rich, especially 10 years after FM's infancy. If he took a loss on the album or tour, he would be fine.

This. Mike doesn't give a single fuck about losing money on Fort Minor, which is why he funded so much of it in 2005 and 2006. It's not like the man is broke. He wants to do his side project and that's completely fine. The fanbase was incredibly more supportive of FM than DBS (that had a LOT to do with Chester's failure to have even a website for DBS), but the project was badass.

Linkin Park's touring cycle ends after this European Tour that ends in September. I bet we see Fort Minor return after that.

Ryu was in the studio with Holly Brook AKA Skylar Grey recently......Hmmmm I dont think it has anything to do with a new FM record but check it out.

https://instagram.com/p/yd603CHkrI/?modal=true

The pic shows jack (ryu's son and skylar Grey)

here's another

https://instagram.com/p/yfO1y0nkr6/?modal=true

I honestly dont think its a coincidence that all the old FM sites are re-registered, FM facebook was started etc....I really believe a new FM album is coming... Check out this interview with Mike back in September of last year. Sorry if its been posted already.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/mike-shinoda-talks-possible-fort-minor-follow-up-first-hearing-eminem-news.12060.html

Edited by lperocker

Ryu was in the studio with Holly Brook AKA Skylar Grey recently......Hmmmm I dont think it has anything to do with a new FM record but check it out.

https://instagram.com/p/yd603CHkrI/?modal=true

The pic shows jack (ryu's son and skylar Grey)

here's another

https://instagram.com/p/yfO1y0nkr6/?modal=true

I honestly dont think its a coincidence that all the old FM sites are re-registered, FM facebook was started etc....I really believe a new FM album is coming... Check out this interview with Mike back in September of last year. Sorry if its been posted already.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/mike-shinoda-talks-possible-fort-minor-follow-up-first-hearing-eminem-news.12060.html

It is going to be a long shot, but who doesn't want another Mike Shinoda/Holly Brook song..

It is going to be a long shot, but who doesn't want another Mike Shinoda/Holly Brook song..

A long shot for another Holly/Skylar collab yes for sure....Not for a new FM album. Mike is a highly creative individual and seeing where hip hop is right now, I am almost certain he has the itch to do another record.

No, it's not. It could be infinitely many things. Mike could just be trying to merge the FM and LP fanbases. You don't remember the "new song" announcement for the tour with the picture of Brad? People did this same exact thing, and said it was "obviously" War. Guess what, we didn't get War. None of this guarantees we're getting Fort Minor, it only makes it a possibility.

I never heard people say it was obviously War. Not once.

Anyway, I doubt he would do anything under Fort Minor accounts that wasn't Fort Minor. He created a FM instagram for crying out loud.

Most people only know of FM because of Linkin Park anyway.

You're all missing OrangeChester's point. The point is that Mike knows that monetarily, Fort Minor doesn't do well, hence "$uck$ ball$". It had nothing to do with how good FM is or anything, we're talking money. It went right over your heads. Did you even read the part about "one special show in LA"?

He needs to use terminology then. I just though he was being obnoxious with his spelling. "Sucks Balls" has nothing to do with money even if you change the Ss to $s

I'm no expert but didn't he also say that APFMH has the same tuning? The real misleading part was LP social media claiming it's a NEW song.

He said they could've tuned the entire guitar, which is usually used for standard, to Eb, which is the tuning for A Place for my Head. APFMH and War do not use the same tunings.

Working off of what Wobb said - War is in Standard, which is EADGBE - APFMH is tuned down half a step. The chord Brad played in the picture can be found in both songs, but since the tunings are different they will sound different as well.

He said they could've tuned the entire guitar, which is usually used for standard, to Eb, which is the tuning for A Place for my Head. APFMH and War do not use the same tunings.

Working off of what Wobb said - War is in Standard, which is EADGBE - APFMH is tuned down half a step. The chord Brad played in the picture can be found in both songs, but since the tunings are different they will sound different as well.

Brad was playing a Strat in that picture though. He uses a Strat for specific songs, and APFMH isn't one of them. So with it being a non-drop tuned "Strat song," the list of songs it could possibly be is narrowed down to Jornada del Muerto, I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled, and War. Of those, War is the only one with a G5 chord in it (JDM/IBG have G octaves, but Brad's clearly using his ring finger on the A string in the picture).

Not sure how this came up in relation to Fort Minor, but yeah.

Brad was playing a Strat in that picture though. He uses a Strat for specific songs, and APFMH isn't one of them. So with it being a non-drop tuned "Strat song," the list of songs it could possibly be is narrowed down to Jornada del Muerto, I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled, and War. Of those, War is the only one with a G5 chord in it (JDM/IBG have G octaves, but Brad's clearly using his ring finger on the A string in the picture).

Not sure how this came up in relation to Fort Minor, but yeah.

People were saying it had to be new Fort Minor, so I reminded them that we had all said that the new song had to be War, and we didn't get War.