Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't notice that, wow. What was the point of having it on Tuesday anyway?

When do new movies get released in the US? Both in cinemas and on DVD. I always assumed they don't want to have them on the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Two videos were uploaded in FM Youtube account.(old videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/fortminor/videos

Those aren't even new uploads, they're the same ones that have been on FM's Youtube channel for years (there's no way the RTN Highlight Reel video got 11 million views in 10 hours). Almost everything on the FM channel was removed during the WB/Youtube dispute in 2007 or so. We've seen in the past that Youtube gives high-profile music artists special editing/uploading options normal users don't have though (such as the New Divide music video on LP's channel being changed to the "non-Transformers version" in October but retaining the original upload date and view count), probably just another case of something similar, and they restored old videos for them.

Those aren't even new uploads, they're the same ones that have been on FM's Youtube channel for years (there's no way the RTN Highlight Reel video got 11 million views in 10 hours). Almost everything on the FM channel was removed during the WB/Youtube dispute in 2007 or so. We've seen in the past that Youtube gives high-profile music artists special editing/uploading options normal users don't have though (such as the New Divide music video on LP's channel being changed to the "non-Transformers version" in October but retaining the original upload date and view count), probably just another case of something similar, and they restored old videos for them.

Makes it even more suspicious in my opinion. He wouldn't care about it out of nowhere. But I guess it's not up to debate that sonething FM related will happen in the near future anymore.

Its confusing actually.Rob says that LP will return to studios in September to work on new album.And about FM he says "Yes I've heard the rumors, keep an eye out."

Maybe Mike will release the FM stuff before they hit the studio for LP new album session?

Linkin Park is always going to take #1 place when it comes to any of the guys in the band. Fort Minor, Dead By Sunrise and Stone Temple Pilots will all take a back seat when it comes to anything Linkin Park related. I think it's a matter of time of when we will see another FM album, but I don't think Mike is rushing it. If Linkin Park is going to go write a new record in September, then they will do that.

FM was largely inspired because Mike felt like he couldn't write that kind of music in Linkin Park at the time. The same thing happened with Chester and DBS, Chester felt like at the time, the DBS music wouldn't fit with Linkin Park. STP is a different thing, kind of similar to when Chester did covers with Camp Freddy and BOW in a way, it's more of an honor to his heroes, if that makes sense, at least IMO. But both Mike and Chester have said a lot of times now that Linkin Park can now write anything and that's why they channel their FM and DBS influence into LP's music as of right now. Mike in 2015 is different then Mike in 2005.

Edited by Geki