Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one really FUCKING LOVES Fort Minor, it was a good moment in time, average album I prefer to have the full Linkin Park rather than a medium quality product like STP, DBS and FM.

People keep asking Mike to do another FM album because they are so fucking stupid that they can't create a smart question.

FM was the first concert that I ever attended. I used to love The Rising Tied. At the time, it was one of my favorite albums. But I don't love FM, honestly, you're right. Maybe some people out there do. Mike's rapping in LP is really all that I need, BUT, another FM album would be pretty cool. Not saying that I need it or particularly even WANT one, but if Mike chose to do something FM related, it would be cool.

I honestly think Mike and Chester should just lie FM and DBS in their final resting places. They were basically made because Mike and Chester couldn't express the kind of music they wanted to make in LP at the time. Both have now said in later years that LP can now do anything and they can bring whatever kind of music that they want into LP.

LP should be the top priority for both Mike and Chester, which it is. But if they want to do some other stuff on the side for fun, who is to say that they can't, you know what I mean? I don't think anything from DBS will come in the future, at least in the near future, because Chester is focused with LP and STP full time at the moment so whenever he has extra time, he is gonna spend that with STP. Mike writes most of the LP music. Chester basically helps Mike write the lyrics and he sings the songs, etc, but I don't think that Chester is a huge primary writer in LP. I'm pretty sure that's only Mike and Brad that do most of the demo stuff for the band and then the rest of the band works on whatever they created later on. So Mike is kind of busy.

Another FM would be interesting, though. The hip hop world is not the same as it was in 2005, we all know this, and there are a lot of cool artists out now that would be cool to hear work with Mike, like Tyler The Creator and stuff like that. Mike said he liked Odd Future and Tyler The Creator in that Montreality interview from last year. We know he was with Machine Gun Kelly a few months ago and Machine Gun Kelly DID do Bleed It Out with LP at Warped Tour last year when he wasn't even originally on the tour, so he must be friends with Mike. I'm sure Ryu will definitely be all over the new FM stuff, especially judging by his verse on the Skin To Bone Remix from RECHARGED. As for Cheapshot and Tak, I don't think they will be around this time, but you never know. Kendrick Lamar on a FM track would be epic and we know that Skyler Grey (formerly Holly Brook) might want to do something again with Mike, who knows.

It's not the souces, it's you lol

LPA ''Slip Out the Back is the sixteenth and final track from Fort Minor's The Rising Tied. Mr. Hahn, turntablist of alternative band Linkin Park, is featured in this track while performing the scratches.''

WIKI:

post-126356-0-72512500-1428628799_thumb.pngpost-126356-0-47899800-1428629084_thumb.png

Thats the source.

Anyway I love FM (Since i'm a big Mike fan) and no one loves them is your opinion.

Edited by Paree

Scratching is not writing...The articles are misleading.

O RLY?

From the whole LPLive community I believe that spraypaintandinkpens is the only real hardcore FM fan, so yeah FM is good but nothing else.

Chester and Mike are like Goku and Vegeta, they are awesome on their own but fused, holy crap there's nothing stronger than them lool

#ILOVEDBZ

Edited by OrangeJZE

O RLY?

Anybody who started listening to Fort Minor two years back and thought this source was convincing would have thought that joe wrote the lyrics.I was 7 years when TRT was released,so i don't know the background of the songs.

No shit, it's Wikipedia and the LPA Wiki.

Yep, pretty much. The ''LP Discography'' page on Wikipedia is horrendous and when you get to the side project pages on Wikipedia as well as Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington, etc., it gets even more horrendous. And no offense but the LPA Wiki is garbage. IMO.

No shit, it's Wikipedia and the LPA Wiki.

Thats why i mentioned the source before posting.

Ya talking with an oldschool motherfucker dude.

Where are you from? =)

India.I only started to listen to LP from ATS.

No one really FUCKING LOVES Fort Minor

I do. And I sure as hell would rather have a great Fort Minor album like The Rising Tied, or even a great mixtape like We Major, instead of an extremely subpar album like Living Things. The Hunting Party was good, but not great, and I enjoy TRT much more than THP. Fort Minor was extremely popular with the fanbase. Back in 2005, people LOVED it. When Dead By Sunrise came around, it had way less attention than FM did. Why? I'm not sure, but Chester failed miserably by not even having a website or forum for it. My personal opinion is that the quality of DBS was WAY lower than FM, but that's just me. Julien-K and Howard Benson were not what Chester needed for a solo project. FM, however, was a flawless project to me.

DBS was liked more than the STP stuff, at least judging by LPL and social media (where there's almost no CheSTP discussion), but not even close to half as much as Fort Minor. I was around heavily for both and I fully believe that statement to be accurate.

I do. And I sure as hell would rather have a great Fort Minor album like The Rising Tied, or even a great mixtape like We Major, instead of an extremely subpar album like Living Things. The Hunting Party was good, but not great, and I enjoy TRT much more than THP. Fort Minor was extremely popular with the fanbase. Back in 2005, people LOVED it. When Dead By Sunrise came around, it had way less attention than FM did. Why? I'm not sure, but Chester failed miserably by not even having a website or forum for it. My personal opinion is that the quality of DBS was WAY lower than FM, but that's just me. Julien-K and Howard Benson were not what Chester needed for a solo project. FM, however, was a flawless project to me.

DBS was liked more than the STP stuff, at least judging by LPL and social media (where there's almost no CheSTP discussion), but not even close to half as much as Fort Minor. I was around heavily for both and I fully believe that statement to be accurate.

Ugh... I'm gonna have to disagree with you man. I happen to love LIVING THINGS and I also loved the shit out of Dead By Sunrise and Out Of Ashes. It's all about personal taste.

About LT, i disagree.Its the perfect blend of new and old style.And LITE was just a masterpiece.According to me LT is the best album of LP.

About FM being great and DBS being below par,I agree.Mike just nailed FM.

I love living things and the hunting party yes not as much as ATS but still love them. But i agree i fucking love FM i still blast the rising tide. Dbs just didn't work i think if he had done more acoustic stuff like how let down was in the beginning before they ruined it i just think JK ruined dbs that's where it went wrong and stp is failing to most ppl i talk to think it's awful chester replaced scott honestly I don't think there album with sell and i think they have a short shelf life.

I love living things and the hunting party yes not as much as ATS but still love them. But i agree i fucking love FM i still blast the rising tide. Dbs just didn't work i think if he had done more acoustic stuff like how let down was in the beginning before they ruined it i just think JK ruined dbs that's where it went wrong and stp is failing to most ppl i talk to think it's awful chester replaced scott honestly I don't think there album with sell and i think they have a short shelf life.

STP is totally different from DBS.You can't decide till the album comes out.It might be different from High Rise.

About ATS,Its the only album i play from top to bottom,since it creates an awesome experience.But as a collection of songs i love LT more.

STP is totally different from DBS.You can't decide till the album comes out.It might be different from High Rise.

About ATS,Its the only album i play from top to bottom,since it creates an awesome experience.But as a collection of songs i love LT more.

no i like stp with chester what i mean is alot of stp fans are not happy about chester. I love all the lp albums but each for different reasons. And fort minor well I can't see any new songs sounding like rising tide,as mike has changed musically from that time so i could see new stuff having a electronic feel to them. a new fort minor would be totally different sounding I imagine