Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should ask himself (since he's here in LPL) or maybe he will not spill the beans. Hahah

As far as we know, what they are offering is not worth at all.What if he was in a country like India (like i do)? The live pass would be useless.

As far as we know, what they are offering is not worth at all.What if he was in a country like India (like i do)? The live pass would be useless.

I'm sure they already discuss bout it, that's the reason he got the "free pass" to the upcoming show maybe in UK.

I just think it's strange that Rob said they are going back into the studio in September to record for the new album. That kind of indicates that there will be a new LP album out next year, especially since Chester told Altwire recently that he would like to have an LP album out in 2016. We have seen LP in the studio this year already and Mike is probably working on demos and stuff like that.

So when is FM coming into play? Virtually all signs point to an FM comeback but when and how if LP is going to releasing something next year with a tour, most likely? STP is supposed to put out their new album in October but even if Mike released his new FM stuff at that time, how will FM and STP get to properly tour for those? We know Chester could do it because he did the same thing in 2009 with DBS and in 2013 with STP but Mike is the primary writer in LP and he would need to take time away from LP to do it.

I just think it's strange that Rob said they are going back into the studio in September to record for the new album. That kind of indicates that there will be a new LP album out next year, especially since Chester told Altwire recently that he would like to have an LP album out in 2016. We have seen LP in the studio this year already and Mike is probably working on demos and stuff like that.

So when is FM coming into play? Virtually all signs point to an FM comeback but when and how if LP is going to releasing something next year with a tour, most likely? STP is supposed to put out their new album in October but even if Mike released his new FM stuff at that time, how will FM and STP get to properly tour for those? We know Chester could do it because he did the same thing in 2009 with DBS and in 2013 with STP but Mike is the primary writer in LP and he would need to take time away from LP to do it.

Maybe they just will record some ideas or stuff like that, instrumentals or something.

The Rising Tied re-release with some extra b-sides, 10th anniversary concert THE END.

No one needs another FM, LP come back to the studio and release another ATS or HT3 lol.

Actually many are exited about new FM album.I like to see mike rap more.

I also got the same question in mind.Probably he may release Militia kinda EP or he might be working on FM 2 during his free time from years (Highly unlikely).

FYI there is no such thing as a Fort Minor Militia EP. It never existed and is fake.

I mean Like Militia Exclusives.I thought it was an EP (my bad).Anyway i think he may release an EP if what Rob said is true.

Can't Trust LPA Wiki anymore.

Edited by Paree

Maybe in September Mike will record songs for TRT sequel, and LP will be working on something for seventh album, recording some ideas etc. And then, after finishing second FM album Mike join the band and record his parts and bring more ideas. They might release LP album not in June, but later - August, September. First half of 2016 - Fort Minor album, maybe some tours, second half of 2016 - LP album, tours etc.

I hope for it :x

I think that he has been working on this secretly for a while now with more finished than we would expect.

They recorded several LP albums since TRT and I'm sure there were a lot of leftovers he could have used. I Have Not Begun or Debris are examples for that. We know that Mike is constantly working on music so it's not that far fetched.

I think a release later this year seems completely possible to me, LP has a lot of off time this year, which i think is on purpose, maybe just for STP but maybe for FM too.

I think that he has been working on this secretly for a while now with more finished than we would expect.

They recorded several LP albums since TRT and I'm sure there were a lot of leftovers he could have used. I Have Not Begun or Debris are examples for that. We know that Mike is constantly working on music so it's not that far fetched.

I think a release later this year seems completely possible to me, LP has a lot of off time this year, which i think is on purpose, maybe just for STP but maybe for FM too.

You know i thought this is highly unlikely as i posted before but now, i think it is really likely to happen. Especially when you mentioned IHNB.

I think Brad has gotten pretty good at production in the time that he wasn't focusing on guitar during ATS and LT, so I don't see why he wouldn't be working on some stuff on his own like Mike often does. Other than Brad being lazy or uninterested, he's pretty close to Mike's level, if not better in some aspects like playing guitar. He could write some good stuff if Mike and Chester aren't readily available.

Or, you know, the other three guys in the band could write some stuff too.

I think Brad has gotten pretty good at production in the time that he wasn't focusing on guitar during ATS and LT, so I don't see why he wouldn't be working on some stuff on his own like Mike often does. Other than Brad being lazy or uninterested, he's pretty close to Mike's level, if not better in some aspects like playing guitar. He could write some good stuff if Mike and Chester aren't readily available.

Or, you know, the other three guys in the band could write some stuff too.

If Joe can write songs like "Slip Out The Back" (Source: wikipedia and LPA Wiki) he can right brilliant songs.

I thought so.Thats why i mentioned the source.

It's not the souces, it's you lol

LPA ''Slip Out the Back is the sixteenth and final track from Fort Minor's The Rising Tied. Mr. Hahn, turntablist of alternative band Linkin Park, is featured in this track while performing the scratches.''

WIKI:

Probably he may release Militia kinda EP or he might be working on FM 2 during his free time from years (Highly unlikely).

There was never such thing as the Militia EP. It was fan-made, just like the Stagelight EP, etc.

Anyways, I'm not trying to say that I don't think another FM album wouldn't be cool. I'd like to hear some new FM music. Hell, the first concert that I ever attended was FM in Boston in early 2006. But it's just strange to me that we've still heard nothing from Mike about it and maybe that is because he is waiting to make some huge surprise comeback or something, but honestly, FM was never really ''huge'' in the first place and most people have probably forgotten who FM is besides old school LP fans since they haven't done anything since 2005. Maybe LP is going to take longer to write the next album and put it out in 2017 while Chester does STP stuff and Mike does FM stuff, who knows. But all signs right now point to LP returning to the studio in September of this year and probably releasing LP7 next year.

Yes but keep in mind that 2013 was actually even shorter with tour dates than this year already is for the most part. 2011, too, LP ended touring in September and wrote LT for the rest of 2011. LP ended touring 2013 in September as well to write THP for the rest of 2013. LP is ending touring in September (as far as we know) and might write LP7 for the rest of 2015, if they are following the trend here.

Edited by Geki

My prediction is that LP simply did not want to tour Asia/Australia/other places for THP, maybe because the album didn't sell that well there. In some markets that they last visited with ATS in Asia, they had a lot smaller crowd than the MTM era. I am specifically referring to Seoul, and then Jakarta was ok but they played at the very end of the stadium and there couldn't have been more than what, 7,000 people there? Singapore was *huge*, Bangkok was big.

They copped out in 2013 with just a few shows....no reason they couldn't have headlined arenas in Japan then or have done a 10-12 show Asia Tour. It's been since 2011 for Asia to get a real tour and that's quite a long time. I'm beginning to wonder why.

Anyway, since LP decided that Europe is it for THP, STP went ahead and scheduled their fall album release and tour, so Mike will be having some time off. He reactivated the FM stuff online and I believe FM will release some sort of stuff. I don't see an LP record coming until late 2016, or maybe 2017. LP SAYS 2016, but they also said 2005, and then Mike said "definitely by the end of 2006"...lol. And again "hopefully by the end of 2009" -> really in Sept 2010. They delay it all the time...I see Fort Minor and STP taking up some good time from fall 2015 to spring 2016.

LP will of course do "escape from the studio" stuff this time since there are side projects. Probably a May/June European run or something.

Your post seems most logical. Like I said, I'd love to hear another FM album, I was just wondering in terms of time constraints. But I guess we can never truly predict what LP is going to do. Like you said, they said MTM in 2005 and then 2006 and then it came out in mid 2007, so yeah.

But I also never really thought about the sales of THP in Asia and Australia. I know the album was like #3 in the US charts, which isn't bad, so maybe that's why we got Carnivores and then THP Tour, even though it was for the most part canceled. THP was #1 in Europe I believe in many countries. Adam told me at the Camden Summit a few years back that LP's biggest fanbase was in Germany and he was 100% right it seems. Nothing wrong with that, though, the German shows are great.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future brings us. STP album in October most likely, and probably either a tour or some shows for that. Possibly some new FM music and subsequent tour around the same time. LP might do something special for the 15th anniversary of HT. Papa Roach was talking about it last year, they said this year will be the 15th year anniversary so they might do something special, etc. Maybe LP will follow suit.

I wouldn't mind 2017 for the next LP album but something tells me that won't happen.

Now that's an interesting theory. Maybe STP doesn't tour until November/December if LP plays a special Hybrid Theory show or two.

I'd rather LP take their time and creatively craft their next work instead of rush it like LT. MTM/ATS took quite a while to make and the effort really shows. THP is good but not GREAT like those two albums. They took their seeds and crafted them into these short songs for LT, and for THP they were also working on Mall at the exact same time. We'll see what happens.

Interesting thing I recently found out: ALLEGEDLY, the MFR Concert for the Philippines show was originally going to be in late November 2013, but got moved, and they were going to debut a new song there.

Now that's an interesting theory. Maybe STP doesn't tour until November/December if LP plays a special Hybrid Theory show or two.

I'd rather LP take their time and creatively craft their next work instead of rush it like LT. MTM/ATS took quite a while to make and the effort really shows. THP is good but not GREAT like those two albums. They took their seeds and crafted them into these short songs for LT, and for THP they were also working on Mall at the exact same time. We'll see what happens.

Interesting thing I recently found out: ALLEGEDLY, the MFR Concert for the Philippines show was originally going to be in late November 2013, but got moved, and they were going to debut a new song there.

Thanks. Yeah, a couple HT shows would be great, IMO. The 15 year anniversary thing is a cool idea.

I agree with you, actually. MTM and ATS were great albums and the time they took to make those really did show. I do love LT and consider it my second favorite LP album but it does seem like they polished up songs that might have already been materialized and stuff like that. Primo and Tinfoil were from the ATS era and a lot of other songs on the album might have been too for all we know. THP was for the most part amazing but I feel like it wasn't executed 100% on a few tracks. The lyrics could have been better too but it was a heavy album so they didn't really need to be amazing lyrics. I also never thought about how they were working on Mall as well, I always just think of Joe when I think of the movie but Mike and LP probably did a lot more in terms of the soundtrack and score.

That's pretty cool that you found that out. I always found January to have been a bit of weird time to throw a big concert event like that. November 2013 would have made more sense because the typhoon was in 2013, not 2014. I wonder what the new song that they were gonna perform was as well. Maybe White Noise? It was probably completed in the later part of 2013 since Joe shot the movie at the end of 2013. Maybe they were going to promote the song for the movie or something. Interesting... Or maybe it was Until It's Gone, since I think it was originally going to be used for Transformers 4 anyways but LP chose to stick it on the album.

Edited by Geki