Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.. I hope if this really is new Fort Minor that he collaborates with some of the current biggest hip hop acts. Imagine FM featuring Kendrick Lamar, or Drake, or Eminem, or Jay Z, or Meek Mill, etc. If Linkin Park was willing to collaborate with rock stars (and Rakim) for their most recent record, I see no reason why Mike wouldn't be open to the idea. (Kendrick especially, since Mike has already stated he would like to work with him).

All of these developments have to be leading to SOMETHING. Whether it's an album, or an EP, I don't know. I don't think he would do all of this just to promote a tour to play FM songs that are over 10 years old though, as someone speculated earlier.

On the subject of collabs, Mike wanted rock artists to collaborate more (hence 3 of them appearing on THP), so who says that it would be exclusive to other rappers?

You mean FM collabs with rock artists? That would also be awesome lol. I'm sure that's a possibility and it would definitely be intriguing. Really, new FM material will be a good thing no matter which way you look at it. I'm honestly more excited for this than I was for THP, even though this is still really nothing more than speculation.

Here's to hoping that Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, or at the very least, Eminem, makes it on the album. Steve Aoki is a must, though.

Definitely you are a crazy golfer

My guess is one special concert in Los Angeles, nothing more.. Mike knows that FM $uck$ ball$, and still he can do all the FM shit with Linkin Park anyday... see STB remix, WTCFM and more..

All for nothing, all for nothing!

In all honesty it's a bit too coincidental for it to be nothing. It might not even be Fort Minor, but Mike is definitely up to something.

Why wouldn't it be Fort Minor? He's doing all this under FMs pages. Created an instgram for Fort Minor. It's obviously Fort Minor.

My guess is one special concert in Los Angeles, nothing more.. Mike knows that FM $uck$ ball$, and still he can do all the FM shit with Linkin Park anyday... see STB remix, WTCFM and more..

Mike knows FM sucks? Source?

Last I checked, it's an opinion. The Rising Tied is in my top 24 Hip-Hop/Rap albums of all time. I for one do not think Fort Minor sucks and Mike isn't going to either.

But if it is a concert, I am driving out there to see it!

Edited by Bliss

Are you really serious? The Rising Tied was an amazing album. I realize that it's a matter of opinion, so there's no point debating, but it's crazy that you would say Mike "knows" FM sucks. If he for some reason did decide that his own art sucked, he wouldn't revisit it at all.

Why wouldn't it be Fort Minor? He's doing all this under FMs pages. Created an instgram for Fort Minor. It's obviously Fort Minor.

No, it's not. It could be infinitely many things. Mike could just be trying to merge the FM and LP fanbases. You don't remember the "new song" announcement for the tour with the picture of Brad? People did this same exact thing, and said it was "obviously" War. Guess what, we didn't get War. None of this guarantees we're getting Fort Minor, it only makes it a possibility.

Are you really serious? The Rising Tied was an amazing album. I realize that it's a matter of opinion, so there's no point debating, but it's crazy that you would say Mike "knows" FM sucks. If he for some reason did decide that his own art sucked, he wouldn't revisit it at all.

Mike knows FM sucks? Source?

Didn't you guys read the $uck$ ball$, Mike lost money to Fort Minor we all know that money really matters in the Linkin Park camp, he would probably stick to the economic comfort that LP gives, also he did FM because he couldn't use all of his Hip-Hop influences with LP (see MTM era) with the post ATS LP he can do whatever he wants.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/linkin-park-rapper-losing-money-on-solo-project-s-tour/

Edited by OrangeChester

No, it's not. It could be infinitely many things. Mike could just be trying to merge the FM and LP fanbases. You don't remember the "new song" announcement for the tour with the picture of Brad? People did this same exact thing, and said it was "obviously" War. Guess what, we didn't get War.

Most likely because Chester got injured. I still believe they would have added it once the cobwebs were off.