Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

People were saying it had to be new Fort Minor, so I reminded them that we had all said that the new song had to be War, and we didn't get War.

Yeah, but a song is different than an entire project. You cited Mike trying to merge the fan bases as a possibility, but that wouldn't really make too much sense as FM has been inactive for 9 years now, save for Mike rapping a verse or two here and there in LP shows.

If he is trying to get LP fans to pay attention to FM, it wouldn't be so that they look up his 10 year old album. It would mean something was in the works in the way of new material.

Only time will really tell, though.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview lperocker posted where Mike says it's a "distinct possibility" we'll hear new Fort Minor music in the future really tells me that he has been working on stuff for a while. The timing even correlates to around when he renewed the websites. It's all too good timing-wise.

The interview lperocker posted where Mike says it's a "distinct possibility" we'll hear new Fort Minor music in the future really tells me that he has been working on stuff for a while. The timing even correlates to around when he renewed the websites. It's all too good timing-wise.

don't forget the Ryu verse from recharged either and that was in 2013. i think that was a hint, too.

i also remember back on twitter when that guy Rome was calling out Lp and Mike and Ryu sent a tweet to Mike and he said '' do we need to go hard on him '' or something like that

Edited by crawling1986

Yeah, but a song is different than an entire project. You cited Mike trying to merge the fan bases as a possibility, but that wouldn't really make too much sense as FM has been inactive for 9 years now, save for Mike rapping a verse or two here and there in LP shows.

If he is trying to get LP fans to pay attention to FM, it wouldn't be so that they look up his 10 year old album. It would mean something was in the works in the way of new material.

Only time will really tell, though.

He released We Major for Google Play in November.

wow that definitely could mean soemthing. it seems mike has been hanging out with rappers lately. and he followed jonah matranga on instagram, the guy who sang on the fort minor album in 2005. mike is up to something. Machine gun kelly is good, i think he would do good on a song with mike.

I think the twitter account is legit. I was kinda surprised that the name fortminor was still free so I was digging around a bit. Seems like the name was actually taken before. Here is a cached version of the twitter page: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XMJf85JvhlQJ:https://twitter.com/fortminor+&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de

It was cached 8 days ago. The new Fort Minor account was created 4 days ago. Also you can see that the account existed since 2009 and that it had way more followers than the new one. I don't think that twitter would delete an account for a random person so I guess it has to be Mike who requested the fortminor username.

EDIT: Cached version got updated. Forgot to take a screenshot :(

Edited by graveguard

Whether it's a new album, show, tour, EP, or anything, as fans we will happily take anything.

And then moan about it for years to come.

if LP isnt planning on making a new album just yet and they want to take a break from touring (like they did in 2005 and 2006) then i could see a new Fort minor album happening and a tour again, too. chester has Stone temple Pilots now so he could make an album and tour with them like when he had Dead by Sunrise in 2005 and 2006 and now mike can do this and then LP can come back together to make a new album.

but i don't think that mike would make a new facebook, instagram and now twitter account for no reason randomly, plus he has been seen with Machine gun Kelly. but this could all just mean nothing and it's people blowing it out of proportion, who knows

The Stone Temple Pilots album comes out in October, supposedly, according to Eric Kretz in his latest STP interview. They will of course tour around then since LP stops touring in September. Great timing for Fort Minor.

yes this sounds good and most likely.

The Stone Temple Pilots album comes out in October, supposedly, according to Eric Kretz in his latest STP interview. They will of course tour around then since LP stops touring in September. Great timing for Fort Minor.

Or November 22, for The Rising Tied's 10th anniversary...you know...

• 2 weeks later...

13th, 20th, or 27th. U.S. record industry just switched from Tuesday album releases to Friday to be in line with the international markets.

Didn't notice that, wow. What was the point of having it on Tuesday anyway?