Chester: New Linkin Park Album Out Soon

hahninator

ChesterBNetwork has caught a good interview with Chester from October 31st.

"Chester talked to 97.9 WCPR radio station saying that Linkin Park are getting ready to release a new record. “It’s a very fun, very exciting, very fruitful time and there’s definitely going to be a new record out soon”. Chester also reveals that he’s been offered the lead role in a movie but he says he doesn’t know if he’s “ready for that”. During the interview he also plays a game called “Screw, Kill, Marry” in which the interviewer asks which one of three celebrities he would screw, which one he would kill and which one he would marry. I’m not going to give away his answers but you have to listen to that one, it’s fun.

So, new Linkin Park record, new STP record, both out in 2014! One thing for sure, we’re going to be hella busy next year."

Source here.

Of course it is unknown what the word "soon" means to Chester, but it does sound like the new Linkin Park album is coming along a lot faster than most of us would have thought. Do you think it will be released in the first half of 2014? The band has already planned a world tour for the new album to start in 2014, so it's possible....

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even imagine Chester trying to do a LEADING movie role along with his work with Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots lol.

Edit: They fixed the link.

Quote from Chester: "We're, in my opinion, ahead of schedule with the next record. I was hanging out with Mike the other day. We were kind of laughing about how far we are in the music we've been writing and how on board the entire band is with the direction that we're going, and it's really fun. Like right now it's a very exciting, very fun, very fruitful time. There's definitely going to be a new record out soon."

I think it's good news that the band is actually starting to talk about the new album release time (even if it's just Mike saying "2014" and Chester saying "coming soon"). I really hope "coming soon" means early-middle 2014.

Edited by Mesck547

They need to take their time and ensure its better than LT. That's all I ask!

I agree. It's great they're making music quickly but that was the biggest flaw with LT - you could tell the quality wasn't there and the time that was spent on the other records wasn't spent on LT. I hope they don't come out with another product like that. For example, with MTM and ATS, it seems like they spent many many months working on those demos, tweaking them to perfection, etc. With LT, it's like the band was like "lol oh we have this random seed....let's put it with this....and add this sampled beat...aaaaand Brad you sing here....aaaaand here's UNTIL IT BREAKS!"

With LT, it's like the band was like "lol oh we have this random seed....let's put it with this....and add this sampled beat...aaaaand Brad you sing here....aaaaand here's UNTIL IT BREAKS!"

So if they had more time UIB was a solo song of Brad, with growling in the bridge. :lol:

---

The point is, it doesn't matter how much time it takes to make the album. They can make great album in one month, and they make disappointing album in 3 years. They need to mark something as "ready" when they are really think it's ready. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like LT is the only album that they are not proud of.

- I won't expect a new Linkin Park album soon. I've learned that when LP says ''soon'' it really could take a long time, etc. I also think it's a bit too early to release another new album. Maybe mid 2014, with a US tour in 2015, that would be cool. I don't want the album process rushed like it was with LT. But I think they are doing that because they want to tour less, and make music faster, the only thing is that I can't help but feel that they are doing that because they think fans will get mad if they take a little bit to make an album. I'd rather have a wait instead of a rushed album.

- As for STP, I couldn't really care less. I did like High Rise, but it wasn't phenomenal and I don't know why he would still be working on another STP album and planning tour dates throughout the year if LP is getting ready to release a new album, promo, tour, etc. I guess there is some sort of demand for it, though, I just don't know where.

- The ''screw, marry, kill'' thing actually happened at Download Festival 2011. It's on YouTube. They asked tons and tons of bands the same question every interview. Pretty funny. Lol.

- The ''screw, marry, kill'' thing actually happened at Download Festival 2011. It's on YouTube. They asked tons and tons of bands the same question every interview. Pretty funny. Lol.

It's quite a common game among the yoof of the UK. They can be very amusing when done properly.

With LT, it's like the band was like "lol oh we have this random seed....let's put it with this....and add this sampled beat...aaaaand Brad you sing here....aaaaand here's UNTIL IT BREAKS!"

Dude you really hate that song don't you? LOL

I think they are doing that because they want to tour less, and make music faster, the only thing is that I can't help but feel that they are doing that because they think fans will get mad if they take a little bit to make an album. I'd rather have a wait instead of a rushed album.

I'd rather wait until 2015 for a timeless album, then get an album in a few months from now that will be worn out in a year like LT. I can honestly say I listened to LT a lot for the first few months, but now when I want to hear LP I don't even play anything from that album. That's the first LP album that's happened with for me.

It is quite a contrast what Mike and what Chester say. Mike is the more careful one with "we don't know where this album is heading for" or something like that. I think he did that in one of his recent interviews. Chester, however, is like yeaaah new album sooon.

It's always like that ahah

I like LIVING THINGS and Recharged a lot. I like LIVING THINGS way more than I liked A Thousand Suns. I think all the songs on the album were really great and I still listen to the album a lot. Recharged is good for what it is; a fucking remix album. If you are going to judge LP or base what you think the direction of the next album is off of Recharged, it makes you look stupid, because it's a REMIX ALBUM. I swear some people can't understand that. I do agree that LP should take some time and not release the album soon, but it's not because I think LIVING THINGS sucked. I think this next album may suck if it's rushed and a world tour seems a bit odd that it would be this early. Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't be able to attend the usual amount of shows that I do, or be in the front, whatever. I just think this is all way too early.