Chester: New Linkin Park Album Out Soon

hahninator

I like LIVING THINGS and Recharged a lot. I like LIVING THINGS way more than I liked A Thousand Suns. I think all the songs on the album were really great and I still listen to the album a lot. Recharged is good for what it is; a fucking remix album. If you are going to judge LP or base what you think the direction of the next album is off of Recharged, it makes you look stupid, because it's a REMIX ALBUM. I swear some people can't understand that. I do agree that LP should take some time and not release the album soon, but it's not because I think LIVING THINGS sucked. I think this next album may suck if it's rushed and a world tour seems a bit odd that it would be this early. Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't be able to attend the usual amount of shows that I do, or be in the front, whatever. I just think this is all way too early.

I agree with you about the whole rushing thing, I'd rather suck it up and wait it out a bit longer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like LIVING THINGS and Recharged a lot. I like LIVING THINGS way more than I liked A Thousand Suns. I think all the songs on the album were really great and I still listen to the album a lot. Recharged is good for what it is; a fucking remix album. If you are going to judge LP or base what you think the direction of the next album is off of Recharged, it makes you look stupid, because it's a REMIX ALBUM. I swear some people can't understand that. I do agree that LP should take some time and not release the album soon, but it's not because I think LIVING THINGS sucked. I think this next album may suck if it's rushed and a world tour seems a bit odd that it would be this early. Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't be able to attend the usual amount of shows that I do, or be in the front, whatever. I just think this is all way too early.

I like how your arguing against about the opinion you had two days ago

I like how your arguing against about the opinion you had two days ago

I'm not though. I never said I hated Recharged for what it was. All it is is a remix album. I don't compared any remix album to any of the main albums, because that would be stupid. I also never said I was a big fan of ATS. ATS is good, but compared to the other albums, it's not.

I agree. It's great they're making music quickly but that was the biggest flaw with LT - you could tell the quality wasn't there and the time that was spent on the other records wasn't spent on LT. I hope they don't come out with another product like that. For example, with MTM and ATS, it seems like they spent many many months working on those demos, tweaking them to perfection, etc. With LT, it's like the band was like "lol oh we have this random seed....let's put it with this....and add this sampled beat...aaaaand Brad you sing here....aaaaand here's UNTIL IT BREAKS!"

I don't get why everyone hates UIB. It's easily the most unusual and experimental song off LT. Quite in contrast to all the other safe and poppy songs like BID and IBG. Which is probably why I like it so much.

More songs like UIB, Skin to bone, Victimized and Roads untravelled on the next album please! Thanks! :P

I don't get why everyone hates UIB. It's easily the most unusual and experimental song off LT. Quite in contrast to all the other safe and poppy songs like BID and IBG. Which is probably why I like it so much.

More songs like UIB, Skin to bone, Victimized and Roads untravelled on the next album please! Thanks! :P

UNTIL IT BREAKS is one of the only songs I listen to regularly from LIVING THINGS

Edited by LINKINMARK

To me UIB didn't sound unusual and experimental, but just unfinished. It didn't feel like a real song, but 3 different ones accidentally mashed together.

A lot of LT felt unfinished to me. STB needed to have the lyrics redone, Victimized was too short. etc etc.

To me UIB didn't sound unusual and experimental, but just unfinished. It didn't feel like a real song, but 3 different ones accidentally mashed together.

A lot of LT felt unfinished to me. STB needed to have the lyrics redone, Victimized was too short. etc etc.

I felt the same with Minutes to Midnight but I got used to it that I didn't payed attention on it. I'm referring to the abrubt endings of Given Up, the unsatisfactory end of Leave Out All the Rest, the end of Hands Held High sounds unfinished and the end of In Between sounds so uninspired. But the songs were good, better than the songs off Living Things. I think the Living Things songs lack the creativity and geniality that A Thousand Suns had.

I think Linkin Park have started doing what they tried to avoid doing after making Meteora. I'm not saying electronic music sounds the same or anything like that, but I'm starting to get a bit tired of seeing them without their actual instruments.

I'd challenge them to make an album the 6 of them in a room, with real instruments in their hands, make it sound like a real band. I still love Linkin Park to death but with a lot of songs it's starting to feel like Mike Shinoda feat Chester, Brad, Rob, Phoenix and Joe rather than LP.

MTM was after Meteora and it was very organic and raw, it was almost all ''real'' instruments. LP changed to the super electronic stuff after ATS and they have been doing it since. If LP could find a way to maybe blend them together or something without being overly electronic, it would be nice. They are saying that Mike was listening to heavy stuff and Chester has been doing screams, so maybe they are bringing back some of that heavier sound. I think heavy guitar, heavy drums and heavy screaming would go very well with the electronic stuff.

LOL just because LP is going to play HT in full doesn't mean they are going back to their roots. As far as new music goes and the future of the band, I don't think they will be going back to a Hybrid Theory sound.

LOL just because LP is going to play HT in full doesn't mean they are going back to their roots. As far as new music goes and the future of the band, I don't think they will be going back to a Hybrid Theory sound.

Of course, but the timing was funny.

Chester said in the Buzzfest interview that they'll be tracking vocals all (this) week.

Interesting. I was literally just reading the December 2006 interview with Phoenix from LPA and he said they were currently still tracking vocals. MTM came out in May of 2007, 6 months later. They did the final recordings at NRG in like January/February of 2007. I think we could possibly see an album around April of 2014...

They are having a Facebook Q&A.

Some questions I have seen answered that matter..

"Will the new album be death metal?" = "No."

'What will the new album be about?" = "We are still working out a concept."

"How come you guys went with this new style instead of reverting back to an album like Meteora or Hybrid Theory??" = "Constant exploration, experimentation, evolution. It's not a straight line (in other words, we're not traveling away from the first album); for example ATS->LT"

"Do you think that Linkin Park will ever revisit the days of Hybrid Theory or Meteora?" = " Donington Park between June 13 and 15."

"Will you be playing "Hybrid Theory" in it's entirety for other UK arena shows?" = "I would say it's unlikely we'll play the whole thing."

"Will Fort Minor ever return?" = "I have no plans at this time, but I'm open to it."

"Of what kind will be your next album? More similar to Living Things or another type?" = "Different, or course."

"Why you don´t remixed IN MY REMAINS ?" = "GREAT QUESTION. We actually didn't get a great remix of the song. We liked all these remixes a lot more...maybe that means we got it right on the original of IN MY REMAINS? HA"

I'll post more if I see any other ones that catch my eye.

"Do you think that Linkin Park will ever revisit the days of Hybrid Theory or Meteora?" = " Donington Park between June 13 and 15."

"Will you be playing "Hybrid Theory" in it's entirety for other UK arena shows?" = "I would say it's unlikely we'll play the whole thing."

"Why you don´t remixed IN MY REMAINS ?" = "GREAT QUESTION. We actually didn't get a great remix of the song. We liked all these remixes a lot more...maybe that means we got it right on the original of IN MY REMAINS? HA"

1 and 2 = basically, Download is "it". jesus, that's tough on US fans :/

must be pretty bad to be the guy who did an IMR remix and reading that thread. sassy Mike..

1 and 2 = basically, Download is "it". jesus, that's tough on US fans :/

must be pretty bad to be the guy who did an IMR remix and reading that thread. sassy Mike..

They were being somewhat arrogant and rough to some people who had asked questions, but I guess I can understand where it came from since a good portion of the questions were ridiculously stupid. Like one girl asked "I want to be famous where do I start??", they commented "Therapy.", and someone asked "When does the new CD come out?" they said "When it's done"

They were being somewhat arrogant and rough to some people who had asked questions, but I guess I can understand where it came from since a good portion of the questions were ridiculously stupid. Like one girl asked "I want to be famous where do I start??", they commented "Therapy.", and someone asked "When does the new CD come out?" they said "When it's done"

If I was famous enough to be in a band as big as LP, I'd probably be a bit silly with fans.

if you're asking someone ~"how can I be famous", you probably deserve a nonsense answer