LPxDC

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG, how many posts for today in this topic. :blink:

Well, I'd like to say LPU11 is it good CD. There are amazing demos. I'm glad to hear demo from the album Meteora, because it's my favorite album by LP.

Favorite demos:

YO

soundtrack

program

robot boy

broken foot

Everyone is complaining that a lot of the demos are instrumental...but I am starting to like that. At first when we first started getting demos (LPU9), the instrumental stuff bothered me because there was no vocals. Then with LPUX, there was more instrumental stuff, it still bothered me a bit at first, then I got used to it. With LPU11, I actually really love the instrumental stuff. If a song is cool or good, it doesn't always need vocals. Not to say that I don't want every LP song to have vocals on a proper album, but for demo EPs that the band gives us just for being a member of the fanclub, it's all good.

Everyone is complaining that a lot of the demos are instrumental...but I am starting to like that. At first when we first started getting demos (LPU9), the instrumental stuff bothered me because there was no vocals. Then with LPUX, there was more instrumental stuff, it still bothered me a bit at first, then I got used to it. With LPU11, I actually really love the instrumental stuff. If a song is cool or good, it doesn't always need vocals. Not to say that I don't want every LP song to have vocals on a proper album, but for demo EPs that the band gives us just for being a member of the fanclub, it's all good.

What I think is great about LPU11 is that apart from YO (which was ment to be an instrumental anyway) they are all full/almost finished songs. Nor are they a mix of the two (like the faint/figure 9 demos that had lyrics here and there, but had unfinished instrumental sections). This is defiantly more like a b-side album in a lot of ways, as I guess the vocals on the Meteora demos probably where never written/completed anyway, so what we have is probably the most complete. But damn, i cant get over the HT demos! who knew any more existed!?

We still didn't get the two Meteora demos we know exist!!!!!!! FML

We did get a bit ''shafted'' on the Meteora demos from the last 3 LPU releases, not gonna lie. We got A-Six, Faint Demo, Figure.09 Demo, Drawing, Unfortunate, Halo, Soundtrack, Program and Broken Foot, and only two out of all of those have vocals, and even then, they are only bits and pieces of vocals. Kind of weird...I would have thought they added tons of vocals to Meteora demos. Maybe it's because the album was rushed somewhat, they only added vocals to the songs they knew would absolutely make the cut. We still have the 'thoughts that take away my pride' demo that we know about, but who knows if we will ever see that.

A couple people have talked about how the end of Blue oddly reminds them of Crawling.

Well, that's because it is Crawling. Read the .pdfs, Mike gives a track by track commentary. It is the exact same melody as the chorus of Crawling. That's where Crawling came from.

We did get a bit ''shafted'' on the Meteora demos from the last 3 LPU releases, not gonna lie. We got A-Six, Faint Demo, Figure.09 Demo, Drawing, Unfortunate, Halo, Soundtrack, Program and Broken Foot, and only two out of all of those have vocals, and even then, they are only bits and pieces of vocals. Kind of weird...I would have thought they added tons of vocals to Meteora demos. Maybe it's because the album was rushed somewhat, they only added vocals to the songs they knew would absolutely make the cut. We still have the 'thoughts that take away my pride' demo that we know about, but who knows if we will ever see that.

Remember from making of meteora that Chester was really sick when they were almost finished recording the album and they actually mixed all the songs before finishing the vocal so I don't expect alot of finished songs from that album.

Don't you realize that nobody reads threads. They read the first post and then reply. lol

i just read the whole fuking thing

YO (MTM Demo)- really good start, love this song

Slip (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)- really amazing song, wish this was on HT tbh, really good.

Soundtrack (Meteora Demo)- really good instrumental

In The End (Demo)- just another in the end demo

Program (Meteora Demo)- another really good instrumental

Bang Three (What I've Done Original Demo)- no lyrics in this version made me hate it,i was expecting lyrics and was let down

Robot Boy (Test Mix, Option Vocal Take)- sucks, sucks, really sucks. i hate robot boy, and this is just as bad maybe worse then the original

Broken Foot (Meteora Demo)- another really good instrumental

Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)- another version of Esaul, very nice, and sounds great

Blue (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)- not sure if i like this or dislike it, i love Chester's part, but the beat during Mike's part and Mike's vocals im not so sure (would have been a better bonus track then high voltage though on HT)

overall really good, about same level as LPU9, but probably not better

Edited by LPxDC

Also, did anyone notice that the LP logo was modified for this? The top of the circle was cut out, and there's a second circle around the entire thing now. Hmm.

yeah, it means the logo reads "LPU". it stands for "Linkin Park Underground"

We still didn't get the two Meteora demos we know exist!!!!!!! FML

LP, in both the climates of the current economy and the imploding revenue from the music industry you release a physical CD for a relatively tiny audience, with an uncertain amount of consumption due to the entire package's cost, and yet you don't include 2 demos that you may or may not even still have copies of? you release higher quality versions of existing demos, uncover some new songs for the fans and go out of your way to grant them special access to shows, Meet & Greets and International Summits instead of these two songs? LP, your priorities are shit. Sort it out guys..

LP, in both the climates of the current economy and the imploding revenue from the music industry you release a physical CD for a relatively tiny audience, with an uncertain amount of consumption due to the entire package's cost, and yet you don't include 2 demos that you may or may not even still have copies of? you release higher quality versions of existing demos, uncover some new songs for the fans and go out of your way to grant them special access to shows, Meet & Greets and International Summits instead of these two songs? LP, your priorities are shit. Sort it out guys..

Hyperbole much?

You are SORELY mistaken if you think lossless audio didn't exist (or was even "an inconvenience" to record with) in 1998. DAT recorders were introduced in like, 1987, just for starters...and no self-respecting band would knowingly RECORD to a lossy format. If it had been impossible to record digitally to a lossless format in the '90s, analog recording would have still been the predominant method of recording albums for far longer than it was.

I never said anything about lossless. I'm talking about the 320kbps MP3 files of old demos that are being requested.

I could record something with a 192kbps bitrate and you can make a lossless copy of it. You are still left with the sound of a 192kbps file.

I would still probably like a higher quality version of the entire album, and any quality blemishes that might arise from the HT Demos I would pass off as part of the song's character and sonic identity from the time it was recorded.

I agree with this statement. +1

Edited by Skr1tch

I never said anything about lossless. I'm talking about the 320kbps MP3 files of old demos that are being requested.

I could record something with a 192kbps bitrate and you can make a lossless copy of it. You are still left with the sound of a 192kbps file.

Yes, what you say here makes sense, obviously you couldn't just 'upscale' a 192kbps MP3 up to a lossless format because, as you described, all you have is a "lossless" copy that still sounds like 192kbps.

But (and I might have got the wrong end of the proverbial stick here) isn't it the case that people are requesting for the original, unencoded, untouched, uncompressed, lossless source files, as found on the master disc from the mastering engineer and found on the subsequent physical CD release, to be encoded to a high quality MP3 bitrate (320kbps) in the first place, and then uploaded to the store? I don't think anyone is suggesting that we take MP3 files which have already been encoded at 192kbps and RE-ENCODE them to 320kbps. I think people just want the original source files from the master disc to be encoded using a higher MP3 bitrate in the first place, much like I imagine they would do with an iTunes/7Digital/Amazon Digital release?

Anyway, hope I've worded that half decently and it makes sense. Besides, this is a small niggle of mine, I'm delighted with the LPU11 release as a whole

But isn't it the case that people are requesting for the original, unencoded, untouched, uncompressed, lossless source files,

Very true, in which case I should have never even said anything to begin with and I do apologize. I have been working full time at Wal-Mart during the holiday season while also taking a full load of college courses. This doesn't even include the nerdrage I feel when I am playing Battlefield 3 and blow up in a jet within 10 seconds due to campers.

Needless to say, I should have used 'mah brainz' before getting into this argument as it really had no relevance to the modest request that people were wanting for their money.

Posted Image

Mhhhh, i guess i'm stupid. I try to register a new account and it says "please prove you are human by entering the letters from the image above", but it just shows me "an internal error occured" followed by some numbers and letters but no field to fill them in :huh:

Someone knows what's wrong?

oh shit LP!? in both the climates of the current economy and the imploding revenue from the music industry you release a physical CD for a comparatively TINY audience, with an uncertain amount of consumption due to the entire package's cost, and yet you don't include 2 demos that you may or may not even still have copies of!? you release higher quality versions of existing demos, uncover some new songs for the fans and go out of your way to grant them amazing special access oppurtunities to shows, Meet & Greets and International Summits instead of these two songs!? LP, your priorities are SO SHIT! SORT IT OUT GUYS

1. Oh, well fuck, I guess it does.

2. chill out bro, we can talk about wanting other demos if we want, not like we're all "FUCK YOU LP YOU SCREWED US OVER BY GIVING US DEMOS WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT"

speaking of that

I want

all of the demos ever

just saying