LPU 11 Launched!

LPxDC

Decided to type my lil review:

YO- Kinda neat, repetitive lost interest kinda quick.

Slip- Like it, fun beat, something about pre-HT sounds so cool.

Soundtrack-Meteora is my fav album, so i was surprised to hear such a poppy song. Reminded me of Numb. Pretty good.

In the End- Good to have a HQ version.

Program- Woah expecting heavy guitar after hearing the intro! One of my favorites!

Bang Three- Ok wish this had vocals. The different bridge sounds awesome, I like the solo in the original, but I dig the aggressiveness in this version.

Robot Boy- This song is SO boring, i'm sorry to all the fans of it. Didn't like the original nor the demo.

Broken Foot- I almost broke my foot jumping to this. Needs vocals bad. Aggressive chester FTW.

Esaul- Fuck yes. I've wanted a quality of this version since I bought Frat Party. AWESOME

Blue- This by far is my favorite. Especially the end. It has that 90's feel to it also. Good times!

This is why I love LPU they are really starting to be awesome with the CD's, my favorite is still LPU9 but I get more and more excited for LPU every year its out.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing LPU!!!

So, Robot Boy (Test Mix, Optional Vocal Take) would be the demo of the song? and Brad's Yo a demo version of YO?

I wouldn't exactly call this a Robot Boy "demo," as it sounds like it's just an alternate vocal take that they decided not to use after the rest of the song had already been completed. Instrumentally, it's identical to the album version.

"Brad's Yo" was just a 30-second ringtone that was a clip from "Yo." I'm guessing they used that title just to indicate that it was one of Brad's MTM demos. The full demo title was actually "Yo (Unsolved Mysteries)," as seen on the Making of Minutes to Midnight DVD/LPTV.

Very true, in which case I should have never even said anything to begin with and I do apologize.

That's alright, no worries! It's not a major issue at the end of the day, I'll just have to be patient and wait for the physical CD to arrive and I can relish in my lossless audio bubble to my heart's content :P Good luck with your college courses!

That preview of Program is really nostalgic. I used to listen to that clip from the Frat Party DVD so much that, in my head, I can still hear Phoenix doodling on an unplugged guitar in the background behind the camera. Then the moment when it jumps to the scene of Mike playing with the Somewhere I Belong sample. And then... actually, forget the description, I'm off to watch Frat Party now...

Hyperbole much?

2. chill out bro, we can talk about wanting other demos if we want, not like we're all "FUCK YOU LP YOU SCREWED US OVER BY GIVING US DEMOS WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT"

It was the FML that I was pissed off at - as though one's entire life is now ruined becasue LP didn't release two Demos, when they make the effort to run LPU in the 1st place...

Everyone talking about "just a high quality version" of In the end/Untitled

But this song has so much differences to my knowledge theres no version similar to this

The Difrences to For example Untitled(Studio Finals)

Louder effects during verses(also in the chorus)

Lyrics from the First demo

Difrent Bass in the verses & Bridge

No Distorted Backing vocals during the verses

Diferent Druming style in the bridge

New percussion sounds in the second verse

Or am i the only one who thinks that?

Hey, I think "Slip" and "Blue" were composed and developed in 1999 because of Chester, he joined the band in early 1999, not 1998.

But wow, "Slip" was composed with Mark Wakefield, just found another Xero-era demo.

Here are the sources:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KF1Tv0bqiU0/TsP3...wA/s1600/22.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W_Rd6tD7HFA/TsP3...zI/s1600/33.jpg

Edited by Dmitry

When was I complaining? I think it's beyond awesome that LP releases their unreleased music to us on a yearly-basis. I was a strong advocate back in LPU3 of changing the cd's to include some music they disregarded instead of hearing live stuff.

Have I been wanting the "thoughts that take my pride away" song for 8 years? Yes, ever since I heard it on making of Meteora I thought it was badass. I'm still happy with my Meteora demos, they embarrass anything they've made ever since.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

they will help you out for sure-

Mhhhh, i guess i'm stupid. I try to register a new account and it says "please prove you are human by entering the letters from the image above", but it just shows me "an internal error occured" followed by some numbers and letters but no field to fill them in :huh:

Someone knows what's wrong?

A version of Esaul was done with Xero too. So remaining Xero era tracks we at least know about are Esaul (Xero version), Pictureboard (pretty sure it has Chester but maybe a version with Mark exists), and then Chester right after Xero recording vocals on all the Xero songs.