31.08.2011 - Los Angeles, CA - Secret Show for Japan

Please don't bitch when they change something that's in every show just about for something that hasn't been played in over 3 years. If Shinoda sees that, that just gives him more reason to say "told you so".

lol i'm not bitching about anything maybe you are just angry because they didnt gave anything special in a special show

CFTI is not a big deal, and yes The Requiem is the best opening that LP has, thats only my opinion.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say seeing LP in an intimate setting like that will leave no one (who went) with complaints. Love the Messenger and wish to see it live, and it was appropriate for "theme" of the night. Setlist once again pretty solid.

Also flame me if you want but I wouldn't be disappointed if I got Messenger over When They Come For Me (considering the rest of the setlist). But that's just me.

I still say seeing LP in an intimate setting like that will leave no one (who went) with complaints. Love the Messenger and wish to see it live, and it was appropriate for "theme" of the night. Setlist once again pretty solid.

Also flame me if you want but I wouldn't be disappointed if I got Messenger over When They Come For Me (considering the rest of the setlist). But that's just me.

Don't say no one!

At least,Pooch attend all LP show.I bet he must be tired for the ATS tour setlist <_<

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I can't help but laugh my ass off at the amount of bitching about setlist variety on this touring cycle, when LP has played a greater number of different songs on this touring cycle than they have on any other.

Oh well, they'll get around to playing Blackout at some point in Asia, and all the bitching will cease at that point and their show will instantly have the "best setlist ever" again.

Edited by Astat

really diappointing setlist for a "special show":

the fans spent at least $250 for one ticket and LP could have played one or two "special" song(s) as a "thank you for donating"!!!!!

special song: maybe Robot Boy,

or better: Not Alone - no great song but special and fitting for this show

^Actually yes, I think Not Alone would've been perfect for this show

No When They Come for Me? Well that's a surprise. They seem to have so much fun playing that song. But I'm happy to see The Messenger back

But as some of you said, yeah, I think for what it was and the price, they should've done something very special than just change one ATS for another

really diappointing setlist for a "special show":

the fans spent at least $250 for one ticket and LP could have played one or two "special" song(s) as a "thank you for donating"!!!!!

No one said you had to pay 250$ from your own pocket.

I agree on the setlist part, but from what I just heard it was a great event apart from that. Free posters and From The Inside books, free food and so on.

Dear fellow diehard LP fans,

I was fortunate to raise $555 for this show. ($50 of my own money). Sure, I saw LP perform 5 other times this year. Yes, the setlist I witnessed in the front row of the pit @ The Staples Center show back in February was my favorite so far during this ATS Tour. However, for those like me who got the opportunity to go to this event, should not complain about the "regular" setlist we saw. I've seen LP numerous times and tonight was by far the best experience of them all. Once we entered The Mayan Theater (significantly earlier than usual) with our own laminated "VIP" necklaces, my friend and I were treated with complimentary Los Angeles based signature Food Truck vendors. There was ample room everywhere in such a small theater. Thanks to the LPU, I received a M&G pass without even requesting one. (Hooray!)

The energy and vibe inside the small venue was what made the show memorable. The band significantly interacted with the audience at a much greater extent than ever before. Chester and Mike went into the crowd during various parts of the set. They engaged us all. At the conclusion of the show, volunteers representing the band and Music for Relief were waiting to hand us unique posters and a copy of their Meteora hardcover bio-book as we walked out of the venue. btw, the setlist was still awesome anyway.

Dear fellow diehard LP fans,

I was fortunate to raise $555 for this show. ($50 of my own money). Sure, I saw LP perform 5 other times this year. Yes, the setlist I witnessed in the front row of the pit @ The Staples Center show back in February was my favorite so far during this ATS Tour. However, for those like me who got the opportunity to go to this event, should not complain about the "regular" setlist we saw. I've seen LP numerous times and tonight was by far the best experience of them all. Once we entered The Mayan Theater (significantly earlier than usual) with our own laminated "VIP" necklaces, my friend and I were treated with complimentary Los Angeles based signature Food Truck vendors. There was ample room everywhere in such a small theater. Thanks to the LPU, I received a M&G pass without even requesting one. (Hooray!)

The energy and vibe inside the small venue was what made the show memorable. The band significantly interacted with the audience at a much greater extent than ever before. Chester and Mike went into the crowd during various parts of the set. They engaged us all. At the conclusion of the show, volunteers representing the band and Music for Relief were waiting to hand us unique posters and a copy of their Meteora hardcover bio-book as we walked out of the venue. btw, the setlist was still awesome anyway.

Im very glad you enjoyed it :) What did the VIP things look like? did it have the secret show logo stuff on it?

This is the only time I'm gonna bitch about the set... Come on LP !!

You can't do any effort even for yours diehard fans who raised money in exchange of the show ?

One old song (or even RB) is so difficult to play ?

Brad will burn if he play With You or any old non-single song ?

For the first time I'm really disapointed.... I'm glad for those who enjoyed the show anyway..

Edited by Lordofdonuts

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I can't help but laugh my ass off at the amount of bitching about setlist variety on this touring cycle, when LP has played a greater number of different songs on this touring cycle than they have on any other.

Not gonna bitch about the set but are you sure they've played a greater number of different songs on this touring cycle than they did on the MTM touring cycle? You sure you're taking into account the actual variation of songs and not just the fact they have 15 more songs to toy with, 14 of which have been played. I'm convinced MTM has far more variation just between summer 07 and winter 08 never mind the summer 08 tour as well.

Oh well, they'll get around to playing Blackout at some point in Asia, and all the bitching will cease at that point and their show will instantly have the "best setlist ever" again.

Not gonna bitch about the set but are you sure they've played a greater number of different songs on this touring cycle than they did on the MTM touring cycle? You sure you're taking into account the actual variation of songs and not just the fact they have 15 more songs to toy with, 14 of which have been played. I'm convinced MTM has far more variation just between summer 07 and winter 08 never mind the summer 08 tour as well.

exactly what i was about to post... they are playing more songs because they HAVE more songs. After the next album they will have even more.

it's amazing that so many people bitch about setlists not being different, certain songs appearing, or even not appearing...

think about it - a tiny, intimate venue playing host to a massively succesful band, where most of the audience has to be willing to raise a whopping $500, a task which requires a hell of a lot of determination, for a charity they probably only know about because they're ALL big fans of the band in question.

I bet it was an incredible show, and I would have given my right arm to be there, so would it totally destroy everyone to stop fucking complaining?...

[/rant]

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, I am extremely saddened that even in a very intimate setting with hardcore LP fans, they still won't play rare/older songs. However, I see that in an intimate setting, this can be overlooked. I was excited to see what they do for the Asia Tour because Japan ALWAYS gets something special (ex. QWERTY), I don't know now.....