• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't have said it better!

+100000000000

Thank you sckofelng ;)

Sorry, but this isn't true.

Sorry but this is true for MTM, New Divide, Not Alone... and 50 pct of ATS. And it's not because a song is original that it's forcing a good song.

*Goes to look up the quote from (i think) Chester saying that Breaking the Habit was the gateway song that allowed MTM and ATS to happen"

In my opinion, LP didn't lose their identity. They changed their sound, but they still have their core there. HT and Meteora were both basically the same cd's, but were indeed awesome. LP tried and did start to branch out and try different things to not produce HT3, and we get MTM. Process continues and we get ATS. I think the next album will be more of a fusion of everything they've done/learned over the past 15 years. (Personally hoping that it sounds like ATL and the vocal songs from LPUX)

Don't Generalize please, i'm an "OLD FAN" and i'm not dissapointed. And the last time i saw LP, the public enjoyed it. and yes, they looked bored at the slow song, because no one would start jump while they play SOTD.

Maybe you can't understand this. We in Europe can see LP very often maybe every year, so really more as in Brazil or in an other country. You can't that compare together. When we say we are dissapointed over the set then because we have seen it for 4-5 times and that is bored. You see them maybe in 3-5 years again and then you will have new set in the concert and then it's to have that set.

@Topic

LP had change, in a very strong way and every must accept this. There is no discuss anymore, accept this or not, but don't discuss anymore. Every person here has his own subjective opinion about this and that's it.

@Edit :

Sorry but this is true for MTM, New Divide, Not Alone... and 50 pct of ATS. And it's not because a song is original that it's forcing a good song.

Sorry but it isn't true. Not Alone was a MTM demo or maybe a piece of it and New Divide is wrote of the base from What I've done.

Edited by Exzero

Maybe you can't understand this. We in Europe can see LP very often maybe every year, so really more as in Brazil or in an other country. You can't that compare together. When we say we are dissapointed over the set then because we have seen it for 4-5 times and that is bored. You see them maybe in 3-5 years again and then you will have new set in the concert and then it's to have that set.

In other words: Your spoiled, but you deserve more?

You don't have idea on what you are talking about. 50% of ATS, OMGG! New Divide and Not Alone. Prove me wrong and show a song that is similar to any of ATS, New Divide And Not Alone. They are all unique, don't deny that.

Hmmm ok I see the kind of "fan" you are. What are the other bands which you listen to ? Because if you think songs like New Divide, Not Alone, The Messenger, Iridescent... are "unique" and only LP can make that you must have a very limited taste in music.

I think the next album will be more of a fusion of everything they've done/learned over the past 15 years.

Brad says that he will play less guitar than in ATS so I don't think.

Sorry but it isn't true. Not Alone was a MTM demo or maybe a piece of it and New Divide is wrote of the base from What I've done.

Yes I Agree with you. I don't understand why you says "it isn't true".

Edited by haimu

Hmmm ok I see the kind of "fan" you are. What are the other bands which you listen to ? Because if you think songs like New Divide, Not Alone, The Messenger, Iridescent... are "unique" and only LP can make that you must have a very limited taste in music.

WOW DUDE, if it's so easy to say, why don't you say just a song that is that similar, JUST ONE.

Edit: I've NEVER said that only LP could make X song, And my taste in music have nothing to do with it, i listen to alot of music and i don't see anything like LP, since i discovered them. It was in like 2001 or 2002, ATS and Reanimation are the most "unique" album they made.

Edited by Malvar LP

WOW DUDE, ok if it's so easy to say, why don't you say just a song that is that similar, JUST ONE.

Try to have a minimum of "critical spirit".

Remove the Chester's voice and replace by an other one. LP is composed of 6 members, not one. Do you understand what i mean ?

Try to have a minimum of "critical spirit".

Remove the Chester's voice and replace by an other one. LP is composed of 6 members, not one. Do you understand what i mean ?

LOLWUT?

Are you kidding me, right? you say that 50% of the songs on ATS are like everything else, but you can't say just one song that are like them, thats sad. WOW, i've never noticed that was 6 members on LP.

In other words: Your spoiled, but you deserve more?

I'm not spoiled, I want to be entertaint and that can't LP anymore with the same songs and never say a word on stage. I'm glad when they coming here and play some concerts. What I want is that they don't play for his own, but rather more for the fans that pay much money for every album and a ticket to the concerts. The fans are really important for a mainstream band like LP.

It is not like if I deserve more, more what we deserve. What should I think about a band they don't like his own songs, who most of people becoming a fan of it ? That is what I ask and say and I like all albums.

Yes I Agree with you. I don't understand why you says "it isn't true".

You said, LP sound like of everything and that isn't true. ATS is not like MTM and before it is only eclectro-pop album with, some screams on Blackout and some raps on it. I agree with you when you say that can every artist you are right that was ATS has, can we make from every artist it is not special from a musician sight.

But they sound not like everything. Or tell me what you mean with everything.

Haimu... I don't even know why you keep on talking about LP !

I thougt you moved on and stop wasting your energy cause of this band.

But I think you just can't, criticizing Lp is your drug in fact (just kidding).

I'm just laughting about something... you said ATS was a good album and now you're saying it's an okay album ?

And I'm not making up you wrote an article about ATS and you put 14 if I'm not wrong.

Anyway, I think you're just wasting your time and you should move on.

I've got nothing against you, it's just an advice :)

Edited by Lordofdonuts

I'm not spoiled, I want to be entertaint and that can't LP anymore with the same songs and never say a word on stage. I'm glad when they coming here and play some concerts. What I want is that they don't play for his own, but rather more for the fans that pay much money for every album and a ticket to the concerts. The fans are really important for a mainstream band like LP.

It is not like if I deserve more, more what we deserve. What should I think about a band they don't like his own songs, who most of people becoming a fan of it ? That is what I ask and say and I like all albums.

You said, LP sound like of everything and that isn't true. ATS is not like MTM and before it is only eclectro-pop album with, some screams on Blackout and some raps on it. I agree with you when you say that can every artist you are right that was ATS has, can we make from every artist it is not special from a musician sight.

But they sound not like everything. Or tell me what you mean with everything.

I agree with you in almost everything, they could extend they shows, like Green Day, but i don't know why they can't do that, maybe Chester can sing for that long, or they are limited. i think that would solve the problem with the setlist, because they would be able to play all the singles and other songs they wanted. there alot of good songs bisede the singles.

What i didn't undestand, When you call them Mainstream, you wanna say that they are a well know band or that they just do the songs to the mainstream public, i mean, the people that listen to alot of hits on the radio?

Edited by Malvar LP

People should just stop bitching about the sets...even I, yes ME GEKI, am getting sick of it. People have been bitching about the sets since 2009. 2010 and 2011 were full of everyone complaining about the set lists, even I did. But there comes a time when you have to accept it and move on. LP is never going to play crazy sets with songs like Qwerty, With You, Figure.09, etc, it will never happen. If they didn't do anything special for the entire ATS cycle (minus APFMH in Paris 2010), and didn't do anything special for the secret show, what makes you think bitching on a fan site will make them want to do it more? It won't. I am not a fan of their new sets or ATS for that matter. but I will live with it. I'm going to DeLuna in October and I am sure I'll see one of these sets there. But I won't bitch, because I will be there, having fun, rocking out to some LP songs. I only complain when I go on here and read that every show has the same set. I'll just listen to old shows from 2000-2009 and love them if I want to hear something old, or I'll just make my OWN SETLIST MIX with new songs and old songs and make the set I want to hear. It's better than complaining about the sets over and over again. I'm not defending ATS or their choice in set songs, but I'm just saying people should stop bitching. I think ATS is the biggest piece of shit LP has ever made, but I'm done complaining about it on here from now on. Sorry for the long post, I just feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Haimu... I don't even know why you keep on talking about LP !

I thougt you moved on and stop wasting your energy cause of this band.

But I think you just can't, criticizing Lp is your drug in fact (just kidding).

I'm just laughting about something... you said ATS was a good album and now you're saying it's an okay album ?

And I'm not making up you wrote an article about ATS and you put 14 if I'm not wrong.

Anyway, I think you're just wasting your time and you should move on.

I've got nothing against you, it's just an advice :)

I just wanted to see if LP still played old songs. Nothing nasty. I read comments and I wanted to support some people. That's all.

That never happened to you to find an album good then later to find it bad ? I have already explained you that the album was good in general for the lyrics but not the songs individually. I was very surprised at the first listening but after one year i don't think this album will stay in the memory...

And i don't give a hope for the future of LP, i will be fixed with the next album but I have accepted the fact that LP was dead you know, i just wanted to bring my support for some people here ;)

PS : I just remember before MTM when the LP fans were all together... Now this is the war between old and new LP...Music should unite us, not divide us.

Edited by haimu

I, like most people here, prefer the old music over the new as well, but that doesn't make ATS bad. You have to stop expecting too much of this band. If you don't like the new music, why are you here? I mean opinions are fine to have, but it gets VERY annoying when every show thread ends up the same way, with the same people complaining about the setlists. If the last page from every show thread of the past year were put together in one thread, no one would see a difference, they all have the same ending. If you're unhappy, that's fine, WE GET IT, you don't have to keep telling us after EVERY show. I'm starting to think that someone should just create a new thread and let all this complaining go there, so we wouldn't have to weed through all of it in the show threads to get some actual useful discussion. Like I said, I would love to see some old songs in the set too, it would be awesome, but I'm not going to sit here and tell everyone, because no one wants to hear it and it's not really necessary to say it every day. Remember, don't let Setlist Trading Card Syndrome get to you. Admit it or not, LP concerts are still amazing. Especially people in the US/Europe, at least we have the opportunity to go to at least a concert per year, unlike South America, Asia and Australia.

To the people saying that they should extend their sets, remember that they probably have longer setlists than most of your other favorite bands already. I don't know why everyone treats LP different than other bands. They play three DIFFERENT (even if it is minimally) 20-song setlists and everyone complains they're not playing enough songs, but then another band plays one 15 song set and everyone is happy. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, complaints ABOUT the setlist complaints are almost just as bad now .... so you people aren't much better. (I know I'm contributing to this too, but had to make this post)

And i don't give a hope for the future of LP, i will be fixed with the next album but I have accepted the fact that LP was dead you know, i just wanted to bring my support for some people here ;)

For me they aren't dead. They are still filling the shows, and for bands Like LP that have 10 years in the road, that's pretty good.

For me, the problem is I don't like any of the new stuff they play(ATS singles) and the old stuff I do like, but I've heard it a billion times because they keep playing the same singles(Crawling,ITE). I just wish they could interchange a few songs here and there to make them more desirable to see. Most bands don't have 25 singles LP, it won't kill the casual fan to hear a song they're not familiar with- switch the damn set list up a bit.

@Malvar LP : I not that Problem that they can't this, the problem is they don't want it. I don't have a problem with the set soo much, when they would talk to us and entertain us then I would more blow away. But like I in other threads said, I don't expect it anymore I have accept this and that's it.

@Geki : The problem with the bitching starts in the news threads from a upcoming show. Don't announce any empty promises like " in las vegas they playing cure for the itch, will they do it again, will they play With you or could be Blackout back in the set".

With these announces could be some people expect a special thing in the set and when the show is over then is every dissapointed but why ? Because we all thinking maybe they do it.

The new hope for the asia is that what pooch said, but thinking about this maybe it is only a special thing for the accoustic sets on the summit in Japan, like it was Rolling in the deep in Germany and in the UK at the Roadhouse show. Don't expect anything at all and you won't dissapointed.

I think LP should replace "The Messenger" to "Pushing Me Away" :D

If there is more chance, "P5hng Me A*wy" should be a welcome return.

Well, I would love to hear P5hng Me A*wy live... love the song ;) Is there any other video for the secret show? I only got CFTI and The Messenger.

For me they aren't dead. They are still filling the shows, and for bands Like LP that have 10 years in the road, that's pretty good.

How many artist have you seen to tell that ? LP is still a "young" band. Normally they should be fucking amazing on the stage. I saw Iggy Pop two weeks ago. He's 64 and he has 100000 times more energy than LP on the stage.