Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on some setlists in the ATS era is Requiem listed as "The Requiem / The Radiance"?

For example, Sunrise 2011:

http://lplive.net/images/showphotos/20110120/setlist.jpg

The Requiem always had the instrumental portion of The Radiance after it, they just swapped the Oppenheimer speech out for the Savio one once they decided to open shows with The Requiem/Wretches (but kept it that way for shows with other opening songs too).

I still don't quite know why we decided that piano + Oppenheimer thing after Numb was The Radiance. Was there a source or something calling it that or did we just give it that name?

Edited by CASTLE OF SASS

I still don't quite know why we decided that piano + Oppenheimer thing after Numb was The Radiance. Was there a source or something calling it that or did we just give it that name?

ATS+ calls it The Radiance.

We debated it and came up with "The Radiance (live version)" as an agreed-upon title for the purpose of the live guide before it ever appeared on ATS+. I think that may have been a case of the fanbase inventing a title for something and the band deciding to go with it later. :lol:

We debated it and came up with "The Radiance (live version)" as an agreed-upon title for the purpose of the live guide before it ever appeared on ATS+. I think that may have been a case of the fanbase inventing a title for something and the band deciding to go with it later. :lol:

Oh wow, really? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, what Astat said. We had a poll at the time I think (if anyone wants to find it, go ahead) and we chose The Radiance (Live Version). Then we just recently decided to go back to The Requiem and The Radiance to open a show and call the part after Numb the Oppenheimer Outro. The band seems to have gone along with what we used because the ATS+ show has The Radiance hahaha.

In 5.0, the setlists will be like:

01. The Requiem

02. The Radiance

03. Wretches And Kings

xx. Numb (Oppenheimer Outro w/ The Catalyst Lyrics)

Why is the screen dark, during the extended outro of Figure 09 in Camden 2004?

Instead of a show that the band filmed themselves like Road To Revolution Workprint or London 2001 Workprint, Camden 2004 is the video of the show that was displayed on the screens in the amphitheatre. It's the live video feed. For whatever reason, the guy in charge of that didn't choose to show anything for the outro of Figure.09. No idea :( That was disappointing to us too when we first got the show.

Chester was also wearing the same clothes in Praha:

There's no video of One Step Closer though.

Chester was wearing different clothes in Berlin.

And we have an audio recording of Paris. I think someone would have noticed if Mark was there.

Since both Chester and Mark were wearing the same clothes, let's just assume it is from Madrid then.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i want to ask about official release LP Live - 2003.02.27 at Hamburg , how can i get it or even buy it ?

There is no official audio of that show other than one track (From the Inside). There's an audience bootleg of the full show.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can get it on the iTunes Deluxe version of Meteora, along with OSC from MTV 2$ Bill Detroit, and LFY from another show during the LPU Tour

thanx for helping me , I really appreciate

There is no official audio of that show other than one track (From the Inside). There's an audience bootleg of the full show.

thanx for the quick answering and clear this out

LP used Beastie Boys to play over the PA at the Honda Civic Tour before they went on stage, LP is using Of Mice & Men to play over the PA so far on the 2014 tour, mostly like for Carnivores, too. I was wondering this - does anyone know what band or artist LP used over the PA before the show at the 2011 ATS Arena Tour? I'm very interested, I think this is cool.

LP used Beastie Boys to play over the PA at the Honda Civic Tour before they went on stage, LP is using Of Mice & Men to play over the PA so far on the 2014 tour, mostly like for Carnivores, too. I was wondering this - does anyone know what band or artist LP used over the PA before the show at the 2011 ATS Arena Tour? I'm very interested, I think this is cool.

ATS Arena tour had a playlist of a bunch of songs pre-show. A lot of them were songs that were also in rotation on LP's iHeartRadio station at the time. I don't remember what the last one before the show every night was though. Song after the show ended was the Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park version of One Step Closer, which was also used as the post-show music on the Dead By Sunrise tour.

The only other pre-show music I can recall for sure is Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails, which was used throughout 2004.

ATS Arena tour had a playlist of a bunch of songs pre-show. A lot of them were songs that were also in rotation on LP's iHeartRadio station at the time. I don't remember what the last one before the show every night was though. Song after the show ended was the Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park version of One Step Closer, which was also used as the post-show music on the Dead By Sunrise tour.

The only other pre-show music I can recall for sure is Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails, which was used throughout 2004.

Do you remember even just 1 of the songs played at the ATS Arena Tour?

Check out the studio vocal sample during the very first performance of "A Light That Never Comes" on 1:02 - 1:03:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBJUzxON5E

I don't think I've heard this one on any other recording or studio version. Or is it just not that audible? Or I just didn't listen carefully?

Do you mean the vocoder/electric voice sound? If yes, then it's audible in studio and live version. What happened here is that Chester didn't hold the note as long as in studio version, and the sound seems to be high in the mix at the performance.

What's the deal with the autotune on Chester's voice during GATS? I wasn't aware they use it live since I've seen many performances where Chester and Mike can be out of tune at times, but even if they did, it was never this noticeable and horrible sounding. It's not even set in the right key either.