Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me, or does Leave Out All The Rest not feature guitar when it was played in 2010/2011?

It doesn't feat Brad playing guitar and Pheonix playing bass in 2010/11. But it does feature a guitar sample in chorus and bridge in 2010.

Wrong. The guitars are there, and have always been there, for every performance of the "regular" version of that song. They're pretty low in the mix on the more recent DSP recordings, and Brad and Phoenix stay off the stage throughout most of the song (they still come out for the last chorus), but they're still playing the whole time.

And Phoenix plays guitar on LOATR, not bass.

Why does Rob have a glass on his drum set in recent years?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/664ec8d3d32407e...e7klzo1_500.jpg

Plexiglass drum shield. These things come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, ranging from small square ones like this to giant walls that wrap around an entire drumset. Serves two purposes, makes the drumset easier to mic since it blocks out more of the ambient sound from bleeding into the mics, and it also cuts down on the volume of the drums on stage. The cymbal behind the shield Rob uses is the larger/louder of his two crash cymbals. It's probably the loudest piece of his kit, so it makes sense that if anything on his kit would have a shield, that would be it.

Edited by Astat

• 2 weeks later...

This question has been bugging me. I went to the SSMF and AWOLNATION, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Finch and Street Drum Corps all played before LP on the stage LP played at. Did LP pick these bands, or did the festival just schedule it that way? Does LP have a say?

I'm not familiar with how things went at this festival, but the ones picking the line-ups at festivals are usually the promoters, not the bands. It's highly unlikely that LP picked those bands. Whether they were asked how they felt about the other performers or not - we'll never know, but I don't find that very plausible, either.

The promoter will have chosen the bands, but it's very likely they'd have consulted Linkin Park on who they were booking underneath them, to ensure they'd have no problems. So LP had no say in picking them, but would likely have "vetted" them, basically.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any particular reason that Bucket of Weenies never played any of the Grey Daze's songs?

Well, they played Anything, Anything the same way it was played in Grey Daze. But I think they didn't play any Grey Daze song, because of legal reasons. Break up of Grey Daze was money related, I think it was money division in the band, who gets how much money. The Rest of the GD members would sure demand for money or not allow them to play a GD song.

Well, they played Anything, Anything the same way it was played in Grey Daze. But I think they didn't play any Grey Daze song, because of legal reasons. Break up of Grey Daze was money related, I think it was money division in the band, who gets how much money. The Rest of the GD members would sure demand for money or not allow them to play a GD song.

Maybe but I think the simple reason is that they were BoW and not Grey Daze. It's was a fun band playing fun songs they liked. Not a Grey Daze revival.

Maybe but I think the simple reason is that they were BoW and not Grey Daze. It's was a fun band playing fun songs they liked. Not a Grey Daze revival.

Not to mention that Anything, Anything is originally a song by Dramarama and Grey Daze covered the song, I would hardly call it a ''Grey Daze'' song. Honestly, the BoW version sounds a bit more like the Dramarama version as well, because the Grey Daze version had a different guitar sound to it. The version that BoW performed (at least in 2006) sounded more similar to the Dramarama recording with that guitar. The Lake Forest performance for some reason sounds like the Grey Daze version more.

But I think they didn't play any Grey Daze song, because of legal reasons. Break up of Grey Daze was money related, I think it was money division in the band, who gets how much money. The Rest of the GD members would sure demand for money or not allow them to play a GD song.

This is not the reason, even Waterface played Grey Daze material.

I thought that maybe there's a specific reason they mentioned in interview or something, but I guess there's no reason and Jonas probably right.

Quick Question thread, love it.

So... Does anyone know a good website to buy LP pit tickets, if LiveNation / Ticket Master is sold out for a DECENT PRICE?

More specifically, I wanna try and get to the Camden, NJ show, but the ticket prices are OUTRAGEOUS on like StubHub and whatnot, over $500 for two pit tickets.

If anyone of you have a good trustworthy site, please please PLEASE, let me know!

Thanks, everyone!

Quick Question thread, love it.

So... Does anyone know a good website to buy LP pit tickets, if LiveNation / Ticket Master is sold out for a DECENT PRICE?

More specifically, I wanna try and get to the Camden, NJ show, but the ticket prices are OUTRAGEOUS on like StubHub and whatnot, over $500 for two pit tickets.

If anyone of you have a good trustworthy site, please please PLEASE, let me know!

Thanks, everyone!

Honestly, StubHub is one of the only other places I can think of you buying tickets from. Either that, or eBay. But they will always be pricey. This tour in particular has more expensive tickets as it is. All other LP tours in the US have been a lot cheaper. If I were you, I would just buy seat tickets or maybe even lawn. Lawn is actually pretty fun, sometimes I prefer it.

Honestly, StubHub is one of the only other places I can think of you buying tickets from. Either that, or eBay. But they will always be pricey. This tour in particular has more expensive tickets as it is. All other LP tours in the US have been a lot cheaper. If I were you, I would just buy seat tickets or maybe even lawn. Lawn is actually pretty fun, sometimes I prefer it.

I may go hardcore LP fan like most of you, for the first time, and go to a few shows. Lawn for one. Meet and greet pit for one. Regular pit for one. I did find this place called Tick Pick, seems pretty legit. No services fees or anything. I actually prefer it over StubHub. But thanks alot, Geki.

Hot damn. I ask alot of questions... Sorry for the double post.

Is there any way to get more than one LPU laminate per subscription? Because I ordered one, and need another one, and I can't seem to purchase another one.

So, is there anyway to get another one, without of course, getting another subscription? Or do they actually sell laminates at the live shows?

Thanks again, everyone.

Hot damn. I ask alot of questions... Sorry for the double post.

Is there any way to get more than one LPU laminate per subscription? Because I ordered one, and need another one, and I can't seem to purchase another one.

So, is there anyway to get another one, without of course, getting another subscription? Or do they actually sell laminates at the live shows?

Thanks again, everyone.

Did you lose your first one or something? Otherwise there shouldn't be any reason you'd "need" another one, the laminate that comes with the LPU membership doesn't get you entry to M&G's or any special privileges, it's purely a decorative thing.

Did you lose your first one or something? Otherwise there shouldn't be any reason you'd "need" another one, the laminate that comes with the LPU membership doesn't get you entry to M&G's or any special privileges, it's purely a decorative thing.

It's more for the early entry into the venue for the live shows. A friend and I are going to a show, and I only have one pass, and as far as I know, you'd need a pass per early entry, unless I am completely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...