Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could there be any audio or video recording of Hybrid Theory in 1999 and early 2000s?

I would love to see the live performance of Carousel and Part Of Me.

and maybe even the legendary PictureBoard because it has been confirmed that it has been performed live

• 1 year later...

Does anyone remember which show it was that Mike talked about critics complaining about how negative LP’s music was?

I think it was one of his early solo shows, so it was in 2018. The quote was something along the lines of “it’s not about being negative, it’s about getting all that negativity out so that you can turn it into something positive”.

That’s probably a bad paraphrasing but I remember seeing a video of it and I remember it being a pretty great quote, and now I can’t find it.

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Does anyone remember which show it was that Mike talked about critics complaining about how negative LP’s music was?

I think it was one of his early solo shows, so it was in 2018. The quote was something along the lines of “it’s not about being negative, it’s about getting all that negativity out so that you can turn it into something positive”.

That’s probably a bad paraphrasing but I remember seeing a video of it and I remember it being a pretty great quote, and now I can’t find it.

Don't remember which show was but I remember the "general concept" and that's great yeah. LP never wrote negative lyrics just for the sake of it, with messages encouraging suicide or stuff like that, even some of the darkest sings like GU, ETR or BTH have some idea of positivity and try to share uplifting messages. I mean, GU is very dark but it's an outlet of "I can't take this situation anymore" but Chester is clearly venting that shit out in order to feel a bit of relief 

Edited by GIVEYOUCANDY92

On 8/25/2021 at 4:26 AM, GIVEYOUCANDY92 said:

Don't remember which show was but I remember the "general concept" and that's great yeah. LP never wrote negative lyrics just for the sake of it, with messages encouraging suicide or stuff like that, even some of the darkest sings like GU, ETR or BTH have some idea of positivity and try to share uplifting messages. I mean, GU is very dark but it's an outlet of "I can't take this situation anymore" but Chester is clearly venting that shit out in order to feel a bit of relief 

Yeah when I was a teenager my parents used to always ask me why I like depressing angry music lol. It really is like therapy, it's cathartic and it's a release.

8 hours ago, Justin said:

Yeah when I was a teenager my parents used to always ask me why I like depressing angry music lol. It really is like therapy, it's cathartic and it's a release.

Absolutely. It’s like when I was recently blasting “14 shades of grey” by Staind with a smile on my face 😂😂 

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know which show it was where Chester was sick, and after one of the songs Chester said the crowd sounds better than he does? Mike stopped him and said he was calling bullshit, and that Chester sounded great and needed to stop being so hard on himself?

I always thought that was a nice moment between the two.

• 4 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Justin said:

Does anyone know which show it was where Chester was sick, and after one of the songs Chester said the crowd sounds better than he does? Mike stopped him and said he was calling bullshit, and that Chester sounded great and needed to stop being so hard on himself?

I always thought that was a nice moment between the two.

2008.02.29 Ford Center, Oklahoma City

Amazing show, cool moment for sure. 40:44 into the recording.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I noticed on YouTube that multiple people have Linkin Park's Live Show during 01/11/2001 listed as "Goldsmiths College" but on here its "King's College" and I looked on Google Maps and those are 2 different places in London, any idea why they started calling it Goldsmith's College?

• 3 months later...

Why did the Projekt Revolution ended? The tour was immensely popular for the band, and specially the 04 and 07 were among the best yours the band has ever done. Was it because of money? Did the band got tired of having to organize that entire tour...?

Edited by bloodbath

12 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Why did the Projekt Revolution ended? The tour was immensely popular for the band, and specially the 04 and 07 were among the best yours the band has ever done. Was it because of money? Did the band got tired of having to organize that entire tour...?

Too much work and too much money spent on it and the traveling festival format was losing popularity. A lot of money to transport a second stage and additional crews. Warner didn’t want to pay for it anymore. They did do Projekt Revolution during the A Thousand Suns era, but as one-off festivals instead of an entire tour. Same thing happened to other big traveling festivals.

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Shifter said:

Good afternoon! please tell me in the video dedicated to the album Amends (Stripped) by the band Grey Daze, at the minute from 1.10 to 1.28, from which song is the chorus playing? I couldn't find it, thanks for your attention and understanding!

I attached a link to the video at the bottom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-igbBsK00

What's In The Eye

• 4 weeks later...