Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

The little lead guitar thing that's kind of quiet at 3:51?

If so, I believe that was always Mike. They actually cut the length of the outro down on Projekt Revolution, and that part happened to be what was cut. So that little guitar thing was only ever played at the June shows. I always figured it was just a sample that Joe threw in there, never noticed you can see Mike playing it in the background as the camera pans past Chester. Guess I'll have to put that in my guitar tab.

If you're referring to anything regarding the rhythm guitar stuff, Mike always doubled Brad on Wish, except he played everything an octave higher. So when Brad's playing an E5 at the 2nd fret on the low D string, Mike's playing one at the 7th fret on the A string, etc.

Yeah that was the part. The NIN version on Broken has that part a bit louder, but it isn't played that way live by any of NIN's guitarists. I could tell that Mike was doing it in this video but wasn't sure if he was doing it in any others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Do you think that the guys dropped Crawling because of Chester??

I mean Chaz got worse (yeah, even worser than on 2014) on certain songs, like struggling on New Divide "in your eyes" for a while now...

I don't know if you guys would discuss about this again but, it seems "Ammosick" became "Devil's Drop" so, that theory of 17 songs on MTM...

Do you think that the guys dropped Crawling because of Chester??

I mean Chaz got worse (yeah, even worser than on 2014) on certain songs, like struggling on New Divide "in your eyes" for a while now...

I don't know if you guys would discuss about this again but, it seems "Ammosick" became "Devil's Drop" so, that theory of 17 songs on MTM...

What's the theory of 17 songs? I thought it was confirmed there were 17 songs that were strongly considered for MtM?

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

"Ammosick" became "The Last Line". This was confirmed during the "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" documentary. You can see both titles for the same song on the board.

"Warm Spell" became "Devil's Drop".

The original Ammosick demo with the alternate vocal track/lyrics (which is FAR superior to the final version, IMO) very well may have been the Minutes to Midnight-era version of the song. Most of the music on the Mall soundtrack was just polished-up older demos, according to Joe. White Noise was the only full new song they wrote for it.

I always assumed the 5 songs left off MTM were No Roads Left, Blackbirds, Across the Line, What We Don't Know, and Ammosick. The first 3 are confirmed, WWDK was mixed by Neal Avron which means it got to the end of the recording process so there's no reason to think it wasn't one of those songs, and Ammosick was on the studio tracking boards in between a bunch of other songs that made the album.

That's great information. It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that No Roads Left, What We Don't Know, Across The Line, and Blackbirds were 4 of the 5 (for the 17).

I remember seeing Ammosick in the MTM DVD. However, have there been any other songs released that were in the MTM sessions? Wasn't Debris from the MTM sessions too, and later brought back up during the ATS sessions? My guesses were that it could have even been Homecoming, which seemed much more complete than a lot of the other demos. That instrumental is really good and undoubtedly had vocals at some point. I don't know if we'll ever get a 100% confirmation on this, but it'd be interesting to give Mike some track titles/info and see if he can remember.

Lastly, speaking of writing a new song, I assumed White Noise was written for THP since it was in the promo video for the album. I'm actually surprised it didn't make it as it fits the album pretty well and would be much better than UIG on there. Maybe something changed when UIG got axed from Transformers 4.

That's great information. It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that No Roads Left, What We Don't Know, Across The Line, and Blackbirds were 4 of the 5 (for the 17).

I remember seeing Ammosick in the MTM DVD. However, have there been any other songs released that were in the MTM sessions? Wasn't Debris from the MTM sessions too, and later brought back up during the ATS sessions? My guesses were that it could have even been Homecoming, which seemed much more complete than a lot of the other demos. That instrumental is really good and undoubtedly had vocals at some point. I don't know if we'll ever get a 100% confirmation on this, but it'd be interesting to give Mike some track titles/info and see if he can remember.

Lastly, speaking of writing a new song, I assumed White Noise was written for THP since it was in the promo video for the album. I'm actually surprised it didn't make it as it fits the album pretty well and would be much better than UIG on there. Maybe something changed when UIG got axed from Transformers 4.

White Noise has Puro on drums so I'm sure it was written with Mall in mind. The end of the Mall sessions kind of coincided with part of the THP sessions so they had a lot of stuff going on for a while.

And what do you know, The Last Line was mixed by Neal Avron: http://www.discogs.com/Mike-Shinoda-Joseph-Hahn-Dave-Farrell-Chester-Bennington-Alec-Puro-MALL-Music-From-The-Motion-Pictur/release/7511879 So it's either the fifth MTM b-side, or it was a fully-mixed ATS b-side (Neal mixed that album too), which seems kind of unlikely since that was the album where LP started the whole "when we have a bunch of songs that sounds like an album, we'll put out an album" philosophy, so they didn't really "finalize" anything beyond the tracks that made the album on ATS.

Edited by Astat

So, probably the only song left from the 17-MTM bunch songs is the demo from Blackbirds, right? (Or doesn't exist a MTM version, and the song was only recycled for 8-Bit Rebellion?)

And as Astat, I prefer Ammosick a lot than Last Line. I still don't know how the "full" song leaked on YT afterall.

So, with the "end" of MTM demos, now we need ATS and Meteora full demos lol

Another thing: in the link provided by Astat, we can see that, besides the songs with vocals, another two had Mike as a producer instead of Hahn and Puro: "Dancer" and "Mal RX7". Mal RX7 was released in some ways as "Mal RX7 (Instrumental)" and I don't remember who, but someone associated the song with the demo "Milk", from StageLight Bundle, which could be "Buttermilk", a ATS Demo. Also, "Dancer" was in the song with scat vocals.

Maybe these two songs were full songs and the vocals were cut from the final version (what probably happened with Dancer)?

Edited by kiq fLP

• 1 month later...

I have never seen this before. I think it will be really hard to figure out what show this is.

I believe no one did it...

I like that video. Pretty beautiful. That girl has the same name as me. Too bad she died before their first show in Poland