Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I just listened to a bunch of recordings of shows (audience recordings) that also have DSP recordings for them, and I realized that a lot of them sound actually way different. Why is this? Some sound way better in audience recordings, the actual songs. But they're from the same show literally? I mean how is that possible? Some songs literally sound like different shows entirely.

Hi, buddies! Someone knows where Linkin Park get or buy drum kits samples?

The majority of them are created by the band themselves. Mainly Mike sampling Rob's kit or other sounds and then editing the hell out of them.

I mean, I'm sure they've got a ton of sample library sounds too, but those get edited a lot when they use them as well.

The majority of them are created by the band themselves. Mainly Mike sampling Rob's kit or other sounds and then editing the hell out of them.

I mean, I'm sure they've got a ton of sample library sounds too, but those get edited a lot when they use them as well.

Thanks a lot, Astat! :)

• 2 months later...

Was the ''U.S. To Europe Tour'' an official leg of the Hybrid Theory touring cycle or was is it just dubbed that from fans, etc.? It seems like the shows on that tour were just random festivals and shit, similar to the 2015 Summer American shows or whatever was, it wasn't an official leg of the tour but the fans basically dubbed it that.

Was the ''U.S. To Europe Tour'' an official leg of the Hybrid Theory touring cycle or was is it just dubbed that from fans, etc.? It seems like the shows on that tour were just random festivals and shit, similar to the 2015 Summer American shows or whatever was, it wasn't an official leg of the tour but the fans basically dubbed it that.

Sidebar on the right: https://web.archive.org/web/20010615174955/http://www.linkinpark.com:80/tour/

It was originally the U.S. to Australia Tour but the name was changed after more dates were tacked onto the end of it.

• 1 month later...

So what's up with the 2006 intros for the shows? They are all different. Were they the intro of the venue or LP's? Osaka has some Japanese (I assume) girl singing, while Sendai has the Godzilla sounds. Not sure what Tokyo had.

• 2 weeks later...

Berlin, Krakow, Hurricane, and London Brixton. Hollywood Bowl if you want to count that.

Really just 4 times. Crazy. But so much of that tour they only had 85-90 minute sets for these festivals. Birmingham is almost 110. That's a lot more music.

USA was going to get it in every other setlist I bet (rotate with Battle Symphony) so 15-16 times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

How is it that the other Summer Sonic 2006 shows were all taped but the first one on August 10th wasn’t recorded in any way shape or form? It might be out there and nobody ever knew. Or maybe one of the tapers has it and it's for a price.

Edited by GarretLP

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, just a quick question about Fallout/Talking to myself. I've always had a certain doubt regarding to this intro. Was actually played like Fallout on 2010-11, when Mike played keys and vocoder, or was it a taped intro like Tinfoil back in 2012, for example? Thanks!

19 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Hi guys, just a quick question about Fallout/Talking to myself. I've always had a certain doubt regarding to this intro. Was actually played like Fallout on 2010-11, when Mike played keys and vocoder, or was it a taped intro like Tinfoil back in 2012, for example? Thanks!

Fallout/Roads Untraveled was either completely tape or Mike might have done the vocoder vocals from offstage like he used to do with The Requiem.

Mike played guitar on the live version of Tinfoil, btw.

• 1 month later...