Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if anyone knows what the setlist is for Edmonton in 2015. I am underage to go by myself so my mom won't let me unless she knows which songs are going to performed since she isn't comfortable with all of their music. I would appreciate a reply A.S.A.P. Thanks.

We won't know what the setlist will look like for that show until the US tour starts in January.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay, it seems like a song he would play on (like OSC, ITE).

The Meteora booklet mentions "Brad and Mike's guitar parts" on that song, which I'd assume means he probably did some of the guitars on the demo or something. It's in a tuning none of Mike's live guitars are in though (so is Somewhere I Belong, actually, but they managed to transpose that one to a different tuning convincingly enough).

Sorry if this has been asked to death in the past, but I'm curious to know if there is any video from the 2004 Roxy show besides what made it on the CC DVD? The first 5 songs before Jay came out, or the first take of the Collision Course tracks?

Edited by Justin

Sorry if this has been asked to death in the past, but I'm curious to know if there is any video from the 2004 Roxy show besides what made it on the CC DVD? The first 5 songs before Jay came out, or the first take of the Collision Course tracks?

The MTV Ultimate Mashups TV special (which was also on the DVD) has the It's Goin' Down portion of the medley at the beginning, and at least one of the Collision Course tracks (Numb/Encore) is the alternate take. I'm not sure which of the two takes was ultimately used for the "main feature" on the DVD, but they at least found both versions of that one song usable. I haven't really compared the others.

Another one that I'm sure had to have been asked in the past sometime, but I still want to know: What does Brad actually hear in his headphones on stage? Since LP uses a click live, does he hear it through his headphones? Or does only Rob actually hear it? lol I'm a noob about some of the more technical things like this.

Brad has Soundproof headphones. Same if you were to go to a gun range to protect your ears. He also wears ear buds inside his ears as well. All to protect his hearing. Hes the only member in the band that doesn't hear the click.

Rob on the other hand still has in-ears running the click and all, but has the headphones over the top for a little bit of sound reinforcement.

To clarify, Brad wears gun range headphones with soundproof foam inserts inside them, and ear plugs underneath that. He's the only member of the band who isn't on IEM's, so he's the sole reason they still have wedge monitors on stage (they're underneath the "crates" at the front of the stage). There are also a couple bigger speakers on either side of the stage pointed sideways for him.

The only thing that perplexes me about this is the live version of Lies Greed Misery. Brad starts that song with the pad samples, but he can't hear the click, so how does he get the tempo? Blinking light on the Maschine somewhere? I have no idea, lol.

Don't call them headphones as I said, these are earmuffs.

Maybe he practiced a lot and that's why he can perefectly play that song live? :D Maschine has no blinking light when metronome on as I've seen on youtube vids.

Edited by LPMaskMan

To clarify, Brad wears gun range headphones with soundproof foam inserts inside them, and ear plugs underneath that. He's the only member of the band who isn't on IEM's, so he's the sole reason they still have wedge monitors on stage (they're underneath the "crates" at the front of the stage). There are also a couple bigger speakers on either side of the stage pointed sideways for him.

The only thing that perplexes me about this is the live version of Lies Greed Misery. Brad starts that song with the pad samples, but he can't hear the click, so how does he get the tempo? Blinking light on the Maschine somewhere? I have no idea, lol.

This is why I said:

Let's wait for Astat to answer this. He knows too much about the band.

• 2 weeks later...